留言板

Creating SB portlet fails with 6.2GA4 and Liferay IDE 2.2.2ga3

Bob Dietrich,修改在8 年前。

Creating SB portlet fails with 6.2GA4 and Liferay IDE 2.2.2ga3

Regular Member 帖子: 221 加入日期: 05-5-16 最近的帖子
I've run into errors creating new Service Builder portlets using the 6.2GA4 CE SDK and Liferay IDE 2.2.2GA3. The portlets were created with defaults in a clean workspace. The default operations fail under both Ant and Maven.

Perhaps I have unrealistic expectations, but shouldn't you be able to build such projects immediately without searching forums for solutions? At a minimum, could the experts add sticky posts here with the solutions? (In lieu of things working out of the box, that is.)

When I tried to build the SB portlet created with Ant, I got the following:
Buildfile: C:\Build\Liferay6.2GA4\sdk\portlets\test-portlet\build.xml
[ivy:resolve] :: Apache Ivy 2.3.0 - 20130110142753 :: http://ant.apache.org/ivy/ ::
[ivy:resolve] :: loading settings :: file = C:\Build\Liferay6.2GA4\sdk\ivy-settings.xml
[ivy:resolve] Found a parent module with unexpected ModuleRevisionId at source location C:\Build\Liferay6.2GA4\sdk/ivy.xml! Expected: com.liferay#com.liferay.sdk. Found: com.liferay#plugins. This parent module will be ignored.
[ivy:resolve] Problem occurred while parsing ivy file: Unable to parse included ivy file for com.liferay#com.liferay.sdk;latest.integration in file:/C:/Build/Liferay6.2GA4/sdk/portlets/test-portlet/ivy.xml

BUILD FAILED
C:\Build\Liferay6.2GA4\sdk\portlets\test-portlet\build.xml:5: The following error occurred while executing this line:
C:\Build\Liferay6.2GA4\sdk\portlets\build-common-portlet.xml:5: The following error occurred while executing this line:
C:\Build\Liferay6.2GA4\sdk\build-common-plugin.xml:5: The following error occurred while executing this line:
C:\Build\Liferay6.2GA4\sdk\build-common.xml:47: The following error occurred while executing this line:
C:\Build\Liferay6.2GA4\sdk\build-common-ivy.xml:34: The following error occurred while executing this line:
C:\Build\Liferay6.2GA4\sdk\build-common-ivy.xml:50: syntax errors in ivy file: java.text.ParseException: Problem occurred while parsing ivy file: Unable to parse included ivy file for com.liferay#com.liferay.sdk;latest.integration in file:/C:/Build/Liferay6.2GA4/sdk/portlets/test-portlet/ivy.xml

Total time: 8 seconds

When I tried to build the second portlet created with Maven, I got the following:
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[ERROR] The build could not read 1 project -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]   
[ERROR]   The project com.example.plugins:testmaven:1.0.0-SNAPSHOT (C:\Build\Liferay6.2GA4\workspace\testmaven\pom.xml) has 1 error
[ERROR]     'build.plugins.plugin.version' for com.liferay.maven.plugins:liferay-maven-plugin must be a valid version but is '${liferay.maven.plugin.version}'. @ line 15, column 14
[ERROR] 
[ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e switch.
[ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.
[ERROR] 
[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/ProjectBuildingException
thumbnail
Jack Bakker,修改在8 年前。

RE: Creating SB portlet fails with 6.2GA4 and Liferay IDE 2.2.2ga3

Liferay Master 帖子: 978 加入日期: 10-1-3 最近的帖子
apparently an IDE 2.2.3 is coming out soon

http://www.liferay.com/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/53005203

I haven't had issues with 6.2GA4 maven and eclipse ide, but then I prefer command line maven (given I also work with IntelliJ IDEA and want my typing/clicking fingers to get into auto-pilot habits in general whether with IDE or IDEA, on Windows, Mac, or Linux)
thumbnail
David H Nebinger,修改在8 年前。

Liferay Legend 帖子: 14919 加入日期: 06-9-2 最近的帖子
There's another thread similar to this, but I don't have the link. The user suggested using the GA3 version of the SDK, that it seemed to be working fine.
Bob Dietrich,修改在8 年前。

Thanks for the reply, Jack and David. The issue, however, is not whether a future or a past version of the IDE works. The issue is that the current "released" version fails for what should be a simple operation.
thumbnail
David H Nebinger,修改在8 年前。

Liferay Legend 帖子: 14919 加入日期: 06-9-2 最近的帖子
I think that is because they are separate products with separate release cycles. I'm sure the major releases get some IDE love so when it hits the streets devs can code for the release.

But GA4 was pushed out quickly due to bugs in GA3. I don't fault the IDE team for getting a little behind and I'm glad the portal team pushed a release before the IDE was ready.

As Guns and Roses sang, "All we need is a little patience..." emoticon
Bob Dietrich,修改在8 年前。

Dave, what I'm really looking for is a solution, not a reason why something is not working. Frankly, it doesn't matter why things are broken. Nor am I criticizing or attacking anyone or demanding an immediate fix. But as a longtime software developer, if I state my widget does X and it doesn't do X for whatever reason, I try to identify why there is a failure. I then do my best to communicate to the consumers of my widget either the conditions under which my widget will work properly or the conditions that break it. That's all I'm asking for, in what seems like should be a simple case.
thumbnail
Gregory Amerson,修改在8 年前。

Liferay Legend 帖子: 1123 加入日期: 10-2-16 最近的帖子
Hey Bob,

This is a known issue and we are working on a fix for it here: https://issues.liferay.com/browse/IDE-1963 We will post back here once we have an update available. Thanks.
thumbnail
Jack Bakker,修改在8 年前。

Liferay Master 帖子: 978 加入日期: 10-1-3 最近的帖子
David H Nebinger:
I think that is because they are separate products with separate release cycles. I'm sure the major releases get some IDE love so when it hits the streets devs can code for the release.

But GA4 was pushed out quickly due to bugs in GA3. I don't fault the IDE team for getting a little behind and I'm glad the portal team pushed a release before the IDE was ready.

As Guns and Roses sang, "All we need is a little patience..." emoticon

Totally with you here David. I was able to help some clients kick the tires of v6.2CE earlier and am thankful for the earlier GA4 release.

Am also very thankful for even having a free Community Editions of Liferay software available - both CE portal and IDE. I wouldn't even have gotten into Liferay in the first place if free CE weren't around... that said, I also see benefit of EE/Studio for many clients who need the higher-rate of evolution and attention.