Pawan Thakur,修改在8 年前。

Liferay IDE build Failed

Junior Member 帖子: 37 加入日期: 15-5-11 最近的帖子
Hello,

Here is the stack

Liferay Ver: liferay-portal-tomcat-6.2-ce-ga4
Eclipse IDE Ver : liferay-ide-eclipse-windows-x64-2.2.2-ga3
SDK Ver : liferay-plugins-sdk-6.2-ce-ga4

I am trying to create a new plugin theme project and the build is failing.

Eclipse Log says

__
!SESSION 2015-05-11 12:36:37.793 -----------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=4.4.0.I20140606-1215
java.version=1.8.0_45
java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86_64, WS=win32, NL=en_US
Framework arguments: -product org.eclipse.epp.package.jee.product
Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86_64 -product org.eclipse.epp.package.jee.product

!ENTRY org.eclipse.egit.ui 2 0 2015-05-11 12:38:55.389
!MESSAGE Warning: EGit couldn't detect the installation path "gitPrefix" of native Git. Hence EGit can't respect system level
Git settings which might be configured in ${gitPrefix}/etc/gitconfig under the native Git installation directory.
The most important of these settings is core.autocrlf. Git for Windows by default sets this parameter to true in
this system level configuration. The Git installation location can be configured on the
Team > Git > Configuration preference page's 'System Settings' tab.
This warning can be switched off on the Team > Git > Confirmations and Warnings preference page.

!ENTRY org.eclipse.egit.ui 2 0 2015-05-11 12:38:55.390
!MESSAGE Warning: The environment variable HOME is not set. The following directory will be used to store the Git
user global configuration and to define the default location to store repositories: 'C:\Users\Pawan'. If this is
not correct please set the HOME environment variable and restart Eclipse. Otherwise Git for Windows and
EGit might behave differently since they see different configuration options.
This warning can be switched off on the Team > Git > Confirmations and Warnings preference page.

!ENTRY org.apache.ivyde.eclipse 1 0 2015-05-11 12:40:03.667
!MESSAGE starting IvyDE plugin

!ENTRY org.apache.ivyde.eclipse 1 0 2015-05-11 12:40:03.680
!MESSAGE IvyDE plugin started

!ENTRY com.liferay.ide.project.core 4 0 2015-05-11 14:30:49.541
!MESSAGE Error creating Liferay plugin project.
!STACK 1
org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Source 'D:\Liferay_workspace\.metadata\.plugins\com.liferay.ide.sdk.core\create\1431334488475' does not exist
at com.liferay.ide.project.core.PluginsSDKProjectProvider.doCreateNewProject(PluginsSDKProjectProvider.java:182)
at com.liferay.ide.project.core.NewLiferayProjectProvider.createNewProject(NewLiferayProjectProvider.java:45)
at com.liferay.ide.project.core.model.NewLiferayPluginProjectOpMethods.execute(NewLiferayPluginProjectOpMethods.java:109)
at com.liferay.ide.project.core.model.NewLiferayPluginProjectOp$Impl.execute(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.sapphire.ui.forms.swt.SapphireWizard.performFinish(SapphireWizard.java:370)
at org.eclipse.sapphire.ui.forms.swt.SapphireWizard$3.run(SapphireWizard.java:334)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:122)
Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: Source 'D:\Liferay_workspace\.metadata\.plugins\com.liferay.ide.sdk.core\create\1431334488475' does not exist
at org.apache.commons.io.FileUtils.copyDirectory(FileUtils.java:1298)
at org.apache.commons.io.FileUtils.copyDirectory(FileUtils.java:1191)
at org.apache.commons.io.FileUtils.copyDirectory(FileUtils.java:1160)
at com.liferay.ide.project.core.PluginsSDKProjectProvider.doCreateNewProject(PluginsSDKProjectProvider.java:176)
... 6 more
!SUBENTRY 1 com.liferay.ide.project.core 4 0 2015-05-11 14:30:49.542
!MESSAGE Source 'D:\Liferay_workspace\.metadata\.plugins\com.liferay.ide.sdk.core\create\1431334488475' does not exist
!STACK 0
java.io.FileNotFoundException: Source 'D:\Liferay_workspace\.metadata\.plugins\com.liferay.ide.sdk.core\create\1431334488475' does not exist
at com.liferay.ide.project.core.PluginsSDKProjectProvider.doCreateNewProject(PluginsSDKProjectProvider.java:176)
at com.liferay.ide.project.core.NewLiferayProjectProvider.createNewProject(NewLiferayProjectProvider.java:45)
at com.liferay.ide.project.core.model.NewLiferayPluginProjectOpMethods.execute(NewLiferayPluginProjectOpMethods.java:109)
at com.liferay.ide.project.core.model.NewLiferayPluginProjectOp$Impl.execute(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.sapphire.ui.forms.swt.SapphireWizard.performFinish(SapphireWizard.java:370)
at org.eclipse.sapphire.ui.forms.swt.SapphireWizard$3.run(SapphireWizard.java:334)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:122)

!ENTRY com.liferay.ide.project.core 4 0 2015-05-11 14:45:13.804
!MESSAGE Error creating Liferay plugin project.
!STACK 1
org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Source 'D:\Liferay_workspace\.metadata\.plugins\com.liferay.ide.sdk.core\create\1431335706606' does not exist
at com.liferay.ide.project.core.PluginsSDKProjectProvider.doCreateNewProject(PluginsSDKProjectProvider.java:182)
Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: Source 'D:\Liferay_workspace\.metadata\.plugins\com.liferay.ide.sdk.core\create\1431335706606' does not exist
... 6 more
!SUBENTRY 1 com.liferay.ide.project.core 4 0 2015-05-11 14:45:13.804
!MESSAGE Source 'D:\Liferay_workspace\.metadata\.plugins\com.liferay.ide.sdk.core\create\1431335706606' does not exist
!STACK 0
java.io.FileNotFoundException: Source 'D:\Liferay_workspace\.metadata\.plugins\com.liferay.ide.sdk.core\create\1431335706606' does not exist
__
thumbnail
Andew Jardine,修改在8 年前。

RE: Liferay IDE build Failed (答复)

Liferay Legend 帖子: 2416 加入日期: 10-12-22 最近的帖子
Hi Pawan,

You;re not the first to have a problem creating a new plugin with the latest version of the IDE. I would try the previous version (GA3) i fyou have to use the IDE, or you could use the command line .bat/.sh files to create the new them and try "Import existing Liferay Plugin Project" to get it into the IDE. There are a few people complaining about this issue (with other plugin types) and the command line seems to be the only solution for the moment.
Pawan Thakur,修改在8 年前。

RE: Liferay IDE build Failed

Junior Member 帖子: 37 加入日期: 15-5-11 最近的帖子
Hi Andrew,

Thanks for looking into this.

After a lot of beating around the bush I realized that the projects were getting created but Eclipse (for god knows why) was not loading them.

Then I found this
https://www.liferay.com/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/52972178

This is a known issue with GA4 and IDE. See this thread. The project is created on-disk, it's just not able to be imported successfully - so you can manually File->Import->Liferay->Liferay Projects from Plugins SDK and import the project by choosing your SDK and it should show you the project.

So what you said " manual import after creation " is what solved it. Thanks once again.

PS: I am new with the whole Liferay thing and its high time so I haven't check much about command line method will definitely try that as well. Hope it is simple.

Cheers,
Pawan
thumbnail
Andew Jardine,修改在8 年前。

Liferay Legend 帖子: 2416 加入日期: 10-12-22 最近的帖子
Hi Pawan,

Glad to hear you got it solved. Good idea about trying to leverage the command line -- I personally find that eclipse, while a great free IDE, is such a resource pig that I prefer to use it only for what I have to. Once you find yourself familiar with the project structures, file formats and locations etc (of your Liferay projects) you might even find yourself moving to another IDE. I myself have recently started the move (back) to Intellij. For beginners though, eclipse + Liferay IDE is a good way to go because it automates all the detail for you.

Post again if you have any other questions!
thumbnail
Jack Bakker,修改在8 年前。

Liferay Master 帖子: 978 加入日期: 10-1-3 最近的帖子
I use Eclipse IDE (and Studio) and also IntelliJ IDEA and have to support developers on Linux (yippee!), OSX (good enough), Windows (well, ok, cause sometimes we have to)

to reduce complexity while finding approaches that work independent of ide or platform, I use command line for maven, git ; where for command line on Windows, I use gitbash (and cmd where needed)
thumbnail
Gregory Amerson,修改在8 年前。

Liferay Legend 帖子: 1123 加入日期: 10-2-16 最近的帖子
Hey everyone,

This is a known issue and we are working on a fix for it here: https://issues.liferay.com/browse/IDE-1963 We will post back here once we have an update available. Thanks.