留言板

Need explanation on Document tables

TOM S,修改在8 年前。

Need explanation on Document tables

New Member 帖子: 14 加入日期: 14-8-6 最近的帖子
Can some one please explain me the use of these tables ?

dlfileentry,-
dlfilerank-
,dlfileshortcut,-
dlfileversion,-
dlfolder-

Many Thanks
thumbnail
Jan Geißler,修改在8 年前。

RE: Need explanation on Document tables

Liferay Master 帖子: 735 加入日期: 11-7-5 最近的帖子
I could, but first I want to know:
Why?
If you look around in the forum, David H. Nebinger and me are always warning from accessing the database directly in WRITE mode. If you want to add something, always use the Liferay Services. There are many many Remote ways of doing that, as well as from your custom code.

dlfileentry ( The location of the file which was uploaded and some additional stuff)
dlfilerank -> See here
dlfileshortcut -> Shortcuts a user created for a document. More Information is here.
dlfileversion,- ( every Version of a File, the current is referenced in dlfileentry)
dlfolder- ( The Folders and Hierarchy of a given Document Library -> For example the guest group)
TOM S,修改在8 年前。

New Member 帖子: 14 加入日期: 14-8-6 最近的帖子
HI Jan

I just asked for knowledge gathering

Thank you , that was informative emoticon
thumbnail
Olaf Kock,修改在8 年前。

Liferay Legend 帖子: 6403 加入日期: 08-9-23 最近的帖子
It's a lot better to gather knowledge in other areas than data storage. Almost always when you think you understand what's going on there, you're missing something. Just assume that the database is an opaque block and learn something where it's recommended to learn it. The database content is far from it.
Taruchit Goyal,修改在5 年前。

Junior Member 帖子: 60 加入日期: 18-3-16 最近的帖子

Hello Jan,

When I upload a document with same title one after another for three times, the version of the document reflected in DLFileEntry and DLFileVersion are different.

Can you share some information regarding it?

When I see the version on portal, it shows the latest one.

Thanks

Taruchit Goyal