留言板

how to add web content to web content display

Jatinderpal Singh,修改在8 年前。

how to add web content to web content display

Junior Member 帖子: 49 加入日期: 15-8-14 最近的帖子
Hi ! I am new to Liferay. Before this, I have been working on Wordpress. Written few plugins and themes for wordpress. Now I have started with Liferay. I am finding it little difficult in comparison to Wordpress.

I have setup Liferay 6.1 EE with developer studio. I am able to add web content display to home page. While creating pages, I selected Content Display Page. Then I tried to add web content to this page, but there was no option under ADD in DOCKBAR except PAGE. So, I got into control panel -> PORTAL -> PAGE Template. I changed the template and removed ASSET PUBLISHER, SEARCH, CATEGORIES NAVIGATION, TAGS NAVIGATION. I added WEB CONTENT Display to it.
Then Under MySITE, I added web content. In display page, I selected secondly created page.
But
When coming to front end, while visiting the page, I am not able to view the added web content.

Kindly guide me how can I add web content to all the new pages created in Liferay.
thumbnail
Andew Jardine,修改在8 年前。

RE: how to add web content to web content display

Liferay Legend 帖子: 2416 加入日期: 10-12-22 最近的帖子
Hi Jatinderpal,

Liferay definitely, seems, on the surface to be more complicated than Wordpress. Comparing the two is difficult however considering how many differences there are between them. Your troubles is a good example.

A Content Display Page is referred to as a Page Template in Liferay. The "modules" that you use in applications like Joomla, Wordpress, Drupal, etc in Liferay are referred to a portlets -- or "applications" under the add menu. You assemble the portlets on the page within a layout (specified within your layout grid). You can assemble all the contents of a page by hand (by simply adding a new page, and then adding whichever portlets you like to it) or you can use something called Page Templates.

Page templates (like Content Display, Blog etc) are used to have predefined elementst that you know you always want to be automatically added to a page. For example, if you know you always want to have an advertisement on a landing page, then you may choose to define a "Landing Page" template and in the template place/configure a "Ad Portlet".

If you want to see a page template in action then you need to ADD a PAGE to the site and choose your template as the page template. Note that most of the time when you use this approach, you can't alter the page (because it is a template -- so changes are presumed to be changes that you want to make to MULTIPLE pages that are using this template -- therefore you would need to change the template itself).

If you want to just see a general page then you need to

1/ Login as the Admin
2/ From the dockbar choose "Add Page"
3/ Hit Save
4/ From the dockbar choose to "Add Portlet" (sorry can't recall all the labels for 6.1)
5/ Find the Web Content Display
6/ Configure it with the item you want to show

... and that's it.

Thanks Andrew for your response.

I did the same as you mentioned. But I stuck at the step 4.
There is no option for adding anything except new page. For reference, I am attaching screenshot.
thumbnail
Olaf Kock,修改在8 年前。

Liferay Legend 帖子: 6403 加入日期: 08-9-23 最近的帖子
The reason for this behaviour is on the screenshot, covered partly by the "Page" item: You're creating this page from a page template and have not allowed to make changes to the template. The notification has it the other way around "Disable the automatic propagation... to be able to make modifications". And that's what you need to do, if you want to make modifications.
thumbnail
Andew Jardine,修改在8 年前。

Liferay Legend 帖子: 2416 加入日期: 10-12-22 最近的帖子
Right -- as Olaf said above, when you added the page you're doing it based on a "locked" page template. The steps I suggested trying were to do it without choosing a "page type". Selecting a page type is not requried -- just a convinience method for doing what I described above.

RE: how to add web content to web content display (答复)

Thanks for suggestions. I was able to resolve this problem with a simple select option while adding new page from control panel.

I just un-ticked the highlighted option and I was able to add content as required.

Thanks for help.