留言板

Lar file export/import preblem.

Manohar Reddy,修改在8 年前。

Lar file export/import preblem.

Junior Member 帖子: 48 加入日期: 14-8-7 最近的帖子
Hi ,
I am trying to importing a lar file from Local to UAT it raising the error like

The file School-201508201210.lar cannot be imported.
There are missing references that could not be found in the current site. Please import another LAR file containing the following elements:
Document Type: 48e2f91f-e8b7-4807-9511-c42bbdb72f0c(Referenced by 4 Elements)

I am Using liferay 6.2 GA2 version.

Please help me.
thumbnail
Andew Jardine,修改在8 年前。

RE: Lar file export/import preblem.

Liferay Legend 帖子: 2416 加入日期: 10-12-22 最近的帖子
Hi Manohar,

Difficulties with the LAR export/import is not exactly an uncommon scenario. When you run into these types of scenarios its usually a lot of pain staking debugging and manual modification of eithe the LAR file or the database. If you have the option I would suggest trying to start the process over again and do it in a more piece meal fashion. For example, start by just exporting your structures. Then do the templates, then do content (without structures) etc. I know that this sounds like a much longer process but, from my experience, it tends to mitigate a lot of the import problems and ultimately saves you a lot of time because you don't have to hunt for the solution to the errors being reported.

Can you try that approach and let us know how it goes?
Manohar Reddy,修改在8 年前。

Hi Andew Jardine,
Thank you for your reply,

Actually I designed one site template , and I imported that template to UAT as well as production. In this process the template was imported successfully . My network admin recently created a new portal instance with liferay 6.2 GA2 version and started to importing the templates into new portal instance. In this case while importing the site templates we are getting the this There are missing references that could not be found in the current site error.
thumbnail
Andew Jardine,修改在8 年前。

Can you check the log for a stacktrace and post it here i fyou have one?
Manohar Reddy,修改在8 年前。

Hi,

When I am importing a lar file , it showing errors in importing screen but nothing displaying in log console. In Importing popup screen it showing like
Document: logos-for-schools.png(Referenced by a Web Content Article: Home LOGO)
Document: slide2.jpg(Referenced by a Web Content Article: Conent_community)
Document: slide1.jpg(Referenced by a Web Content Article: Conent_community)
Document Type: 48e2f91f-e8b7-4807-9511-c42bbdb72f0c(Referenced by 2 Elements).

I started to importing the lar files in articles wise, I am getting error while web content article having any hard coded image URL's . That time only i am getting the above errors. Suppose if i import a structure and template article with images , its successfully importing.
thumbnail
Devang Patel,修改在8 年前。

Regular Member 帖子: 247 加入日期: 15-1-19 最近的帖子
Hi Manohar Reddy,
I am using LR 6.2 GA3 & facing same problem.
I have a site template which is having 6 site pages with all the content.
So first I import that content and then import the site template.
It's successfully imported.
You have to import the web content or document which is missed.
Hope you will get it.

Thank You,
Devang Patel
Manohar Reddy,修改在8 年前。

Hi Devang,
Thanks for your reply,

I didn't get first I import that content and then import the site template this words.
Could you please explain it.
thumbnail
Devang Patel,修改在8 年前。

Hi Manohar Reddy,

first I import that content and then import the site template

I already mentioned in my previous forum post.
I create one site template which is having some site pages and these site pages have web content so while importing directly site template the error shows that site pages missed that web content so I do, first import that content and then import the site template.
Hope you will get it.

Thank You,
Devang Patel
Manohar Reddy,修改在8 年前。

HI Devang ,

In my site template having 10 pages and each page having 4 or 5 web content articles. It doesn't display the article names where the problem raised. In this site template having nearly 40 content articles. I need to import all the articles in the first time individually. This is the one you are saying or different?

While importing the template i am getting bellow error.
thumbnail
Devang Patel,修改在8 年前。

Hi Manohar Reddy,

It doesn't display the article names where the problem raised

In my case it displays article content names also.

I need to import all the articles in the first time individually. This is the one you are saying or different?

yes this is the one i am saying.

Thank You,
Devang Patel
Manohar Reddy,修改在8 年前。

Hi Devang,
In my first post it displaying article names because only one article it throws error. But in my second post its totally 23 content articles throws errors and its doesn't display the article names. In this case if I want to import one by one article its taking huge time . If you know any alternative solution for this?

Thank You,
Manohar
thumbnail
Devang Patel,修改在8 年前。

Hi Manohar,

I don't know any alternative solution for that.
Thanks,
Devang Patel
thumbnail
Andew Jardine,修改在8 年前。

Devang took the words right out of my mouth. Most of the time when the LAR import process fails with a "missing reference" it's because of the import order. That is why I originally suggested exporting in bits and pieces and then importing those pieces in a logical order (that you think of, not that the importer tjinks of -- unfortunately).

How can also bump the logging levels on the classes that are used in the import process. For exmample the com.liferay.portal.lar.LayoutImporter has some debug statements in it that might be helpful.