留言板

RE: Big problem with 6.0.5 (Ga3)

Hugo Müller,修改在13 年前。

Big problem with 6.0.5 (Ga3)

Junior Member 帖子: 94 加入日期: 09-9-25 最近的帖子
Hello @all,
i tested the new release but i obtained a big problem. Don't now if others have it too.
I started tomcat without any changes (default configuration as it comes within the tomcat bundle).

In Firefox no problem.
But in IE i signed in as test@liferay.
Then i go to add->More

A window gets opened and say loading. And nothing else happen. No error in the Tomcat console.

IE says error on the page. If i click on that and show details there comes detailed information:

line: 129
Character: 236
Error: 'nodeName' is null or no object
Code: 0
URL: http://localhost:8080

It seems i also get it for add->Web Content Display, Add->Asset-publisher, Document Library Display, Add Navigation. But if i press F5 and do a refresh the portlets are there.

Also i get no page-layout. Same thing. It says loading and nothing happens. Same errordescription.

What is the matter with that ?
In the previous release (GA2) it worked. Now i can't add any Applications within IE or changing layout. Is it now a general problem?

Best regards,
Hugo
thumbnail
Timothy Reeves,修改在13 年前。

New Member 帖子: 2 加入日期: 10-4-26 最近的帖子
Hugo,

I am having the same problem. This is a HUGE issue!!! My client is very eager to move forward with Liferay, and it is system/software regrestion such as this that make them very weary about investing. I hope that this is addressed very soon!!!

My client made the comment this morning, after I breifed them on the status of GA3, "I have spent more money paying your salary, as we wait for Liferay, we could have used Oracle and be in beta testing already, but I trust your judgment..." I don't know how much longer I canhold them back...

This is very stressful. I know one might say that this is open source, but my client has every intention of using EE, I just hope that this development process dosen't take to long.

Tim
thumbnail
Samuel Liu,修改在13 年前。

Expert 帖子: 301 加入日期: 10-5-27 最近的帖子
Hi guys,

We're reproducing right now. This seems major, we will do our best to get this fixed up.

Warm regards,
Sam
thumbnail
Nate Cavanaugh,修改在13 年前。

Junior Member 帖子: 94 加入日期: 06-11-27 最近的帖子
Hi guys,
Sorry for any problems you're experiencing. I know that these kinds of bugs can be incredibly stressful, and I want you to know we do take them seriously emoticon

After doing some testing locally here, it appears to be an issue only on IE6/7, not on IE8 (in case anyone is curious).

I have found the bugs regarding this (there are 2 separate ones).

1. The first bug is 100% reproducible in IE6, which is the clicking on Add > More menu. I will admit, it was me who introduced this bug in the process of fixing a separate IE bug.
The root cause is that IE6/7 require special handling when manipulating tables/table rows/table cells/selects, etc. If you try to append or set the innerHTML of those elements in IE6/7 you will get either an error or weird behavior. So I added code to patch the handling of that (luckily, it's centralized with AlloyUI), however, I faultily assumed the method would always receive a node element, but it in fact can take a DocumentFragment (which does not have the nodeName property). Hence the error.

2. The second bug was just as easy to fix, but it's not 100% reproducible, which is that when clicking on one of the Add > "portlet" items, such as Add > Navigation, Add > Web Content, etc, would throw an error. This only occurs intermittently because of the nature of the bug, but it is fairly simple to fix.
The root cause is that we've delayed the initialization of certain user features such as dragging and dropping of portlets, dragging and dropping of pages in the navigation, etc, until the user interacts with those items. The reason behind this is to speed up the loading of the page (which can speed up page load anywhere from 20-50% depending on the page/browser). However, sometimes, we need to interact with that layout before the user has interacted with it, so for instance, if you go to click on the menu item before the layout has been initialized, it could throw an error.

Fixes
Okay, enough with the detailed explanations, here's how you can fix it, and how you apply the fix will depend a lot on how you're running the portal.

FYI, these are both fixed in trunk, but I'm including details here on how to patch it in case running from the latest isn't an option.

Issue #1.
I'm attaching 3 different files, and I'll describe which one to use depending on the scenario you're running:

Regular Bundle:
Download aui-node.zip and extract the directory inside. Copy this directory into your "PATH_TO_YOUR_BUNDLE"/webapps/ROOT/html/js/aui/
It will ask if you want to overwrite the existing aui-node directory, and yes you do.
That should be all you need to do for the bundle.

Building from source:
Download alloy-1.0.1.zip and copy into your "PATH_TO_YOUR_PORTAL_SOURCE"/portal-web/third-party/
It will ask if you want to overwrite the existing alloy-1.0.1.zip and yes you do.
From your command line, navigate to "PATH_TO_YOUR_PORTAL_SOURCE"/portal-web and run "ant build-alloy"
That should be all you need to do for building from source.

Issue #2.
I'm attaching a certain file called portlet.js, but the path to your version of that file will be different depending on if your using a bundle or building from source.

Regular Bundle:
"PATH_TO_YOUR_BUNDLE"/webapps/ROOT/html/js/liferay/portlet.js

Building from source:
"PATH_TO_YOUR_PORTAL_SOURCE"/portal-web/docroot/html/js/liferay/portlet.js

Now download the one I've attached and copy it over that file.

I would recommend restarting Tomcat, and if you're building from source, running an ant deploy.

Thank you guys for bringing this up, and again, I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Hugo Müller,修改在13 年前。

Hi,
thank you very much for the fast fix.
I have tested it. It seems to work correctly. Well done ;)

Best regards,
Hugo
thumbnail
Timothy Reeves,修改在13 年前。

New Member 帖子: 2 加入日期: 10-4-26 最近的帖子
Nate,

PERFECT!!!emoticon

I just applied your patch on out test system and it works great.

I can't thank you enough for the quick response

Tim
thumbnail
Sohui Gu,修改在13 年前。

Regular Member 帖子: 115 加入日期: 06-7-7 最近的帖子
Thanks, Nate!! Thanks Liferay!!

So quick fix!!
thumbnail
Hugh Martin,修改在13 年前。

Junior Member 帖子: 75 加入日期: 10-6-15 最近的帖子
Worked for me, too. Thanks very much!
krish palaniappan,修改在13 年前。

New Member 发布: 1 加入日期: 10-9-11 最近的帖子
Thanks. This works on a vanilla install of IE 7.0 (for instance, 7.0.5730.11) but not on the version that has the IE Administrator ToolKit installed (7.0.5730.13CO) where CO is Corporate Administrator, I think.

Is there a separate fix for the toolkit version? This is very critical for us and as you can imagine, it is not possible to have everyone install a different version of IE (and a different minor version at that).

Besides, the issue I am talking about relates to "move portlets". Essentially, when you try to move a portlet, the screen background changes to a combination of solid yellow and red and you can't see which portlet you are moving or where it is moving to. It is basically a screen of death of some sorts till you release the mouse button (to complete/abort the move).
Ray Siu,修改在13 年前。

New Member 发布: 1 加入日期: 10-8-24 最近的帖子
We are experiencing the same issue in IE 8.0.X (8.0.7600.16385) but it only happen on certain pages. Any insight would be appreciated.
Wilson Hew,修改在13 年前。

New Member 帖子: 10 加入日期: 10-10-1 最近的帖子
Nate Cavanaugh:
Regular Bundle:
Download aui-node.zip and extract the directory inside. Copy this directory into your "PATH_TO_YOUR_BUNDLE"/webapps/ROOT/html/js/aui/
It will ask if you want to overwrite the existing aui-node directory, and yes you do.
That should be all you need to do for the bundle.

Building from source:
Download alloy-1.0.1.zip and copy into your "PATH_TO_YOUR_PORTAL_SOURCE"/portal-web/third-party/
It will ask if you want to overwrite the existing alloy-1.0.1.zip and yes you do.
From your command line, navigate to "PATH_TO_YOUR_PORTAL_SOURCE"/portal-web and run "ant build-alloy"
That should be all you need to do for building from source.

I am new to Liferay and downloaded Liferay bundled with Tomcat 6.0.26. I am having problem of locating the path given above ("PATH_TO_YOUR_PORTAL_SOURCE"/portal-web/third-party/). Where is the path ("PATH_TO_YOUR_PORTAL_SOURCE") that you mentioned for a new unzip bundled?
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa,修改在13 年前。

Liferay Legend 帖子: 7942 加入日期: 10-3-24 最近的帖子
On Tomcat bundle, it's under the {directory you unzipped Liferay}\tomcat-6.0.2\webapps\ROOT\html\js\aui\
thumbnail
Eduardo Lundgren,修改在13 年前。

Junior Member 帖子: 25 加入日期: 08-6-18 最近的帖子
I've created a hook to automatize the patch. See the attachments.
thumbnail
Henrique Simoes de Andrade,修改在13 年前。

Regular Member 帖子: 165 加入日期: 10-4-30 最近的帖子
Interesting... this is a great option!

Regards,
Henrique S.
Patrick Stackpoole,修改在13 年前。

New Member 帖子: 21 加入日期: 10-6-10 最近的帖子
I won't restate what's already been said by other posters in this thread. Only that unfortunately IE6 is a requirement for our organization and not within my power to change.

My only concern with this problem is that I had and have no idea how to compare the versions between two different servers (aside from searching for the original zip file). On server #1, we do not have this ie6 issue. On server #2, where I'm testing an ant migration build script, I was became surprised when I encountered this problem yesterday - as I assumed I had the same exact Liferay bundle for both. In checking the Server Administration page, I see the following line for both servers:

Liferay Portal Community Edition 6.0.5 CE (Bunyan / Build 6005 / August 16, 2010)

This lead me to believe I had the same Liferay install version, when in fact there's apparently a distinction between GA2 and GA3... which is not reflected on the particular page I looked at.

In any case, thankfully a quick search within the Liferay Installation Forum for 'nodename' pointed me in the right direction. For awhile there I thought I was all alone on this one. In the time that I've posted this - my migration build has completed and I was able to test Eduardo's patch hook. It works! Thank you.emoticon
thumbnail
Kedar Patil,修改在13 年前。

New Member 帖子: 15 加入日期: 10-11-16 最近的帖子
Big thank for this solution!
thumbnail
Olaf Kock,修改在13 年前。

Liferay Legend 帖子: 6403 加入日期: 08-9-23 最近的帖子
Patrick Stackpoole:
My only concern with this problem is that I had and have no idea how to compare the versions between two different servers (aside from searching for the original zip file)....

In checking the Server Administration page, I see the following line for both servers:

Liferay Portal Community Edition 6.0.5 CE (Bunyan / Build 6005 / August 16, 2010)

This lead me to believe I had the same Liferay install version, when in fact there's apparently a distinction between GA2 and GA3... which is not reflected on the particular page I looked at.

GA2 is 6.0.4 while GA3 is 6.0.5., so it looks like you're running the same version on both. Maybe one was already patched (manually)?

Or maybe it had the hook already. This way you just have to look for the hook. If that's deployed, everything's fine, even though the version number will stay the same with the hook/patch.
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa,修改在13 年前。

Liferay Legend 帖子: 7942 加入日期: 10-3-24 最近的帖子
Just wondering to all who've said that all problems have been resolved from the patch because I'm still getting a very large empty space on top of the web content pages.
This is a very critical problem because there are still many organization standardizing of IE6 and as it is, Liferay 6 is not a viable solution with this bug.

http://issues.liferay.com/browse/AUI-259

I was looking through the css and jsp files, and if I delete statements below in edit_article.jsp, the dock menu aren't shifted. Unfortunately, this is where the editor is rendered on screen.

<portlet:renderURL var="editArticleRenderURL" windowState="<%= WindowState.MAXIMIZED.toString() %>">
<portlet:param name="struts_action" value="/journal/edit_article" />
</portlet:renderURL>
Ulrike Haselmayr,修改在13 年前。

New Member 帖子: 9 加入日期: 11-1-26 最近的帖子
As I had the same problems with IE8 I installed the hook. I don't get an error now but my page templates seem to be corrupted.

The page templates are correctly shown when using Firefox. With IE8 the theme and the page layout are selected correctly (I've used a custom theme and a custom layout) . But all the content of the page template is dislpayed in a single column. The selected layout is not used.

Does anyone have a solution for this problem?

Ulrike
thumbnail
Olaf Kock,修改在13 年前。

Liferay Legend 帖子: 6403 加入日期: 08-9-23 最近的帖子
First of all: With "page template" - do you refer to what Liferay has in "Page Template" in Control Panel?
I'm asking this seemingly stupid question because the vocabulary really matters and I've seen this word being used to refer to so many different things.

Going further:

Can you check if this happens with standard themes and standard layout templates? I'm guessing that some broken html might be involved - like a superfluous </div> in one place, e.g. the layout template. You could also check the resulting DOM with firebug or similar.

Unrelated: This is already a huge thread with a not very descriptive title. Let's try not to throw more messages to this thread, but rather start a new one with a less general title.
thumbnail
Joseph Wolfe,修改在13 年前。

Regular Member 帖子: 103 加入日期: 11-2-22 最近的帖子
** Figured this out - please disregard my request for assistance. **

Need to chime in here as I am having issues utilizing IE8 as well. Here it is:

Implemented the standard Liferay bundle version 6.0.5. When accessing the portal on the "server" PC utilizing "localhost" in the URL, everything works fine.

However, when accessing from a remote PC utilizing the server name in the URL I am getting the same errors that have been previously described above, notably when the following are accessed:

Manage>Page Layout - never loads, window opens with timer wheel infinitely moving
Add>Web Content Display - when choosing this it will load if refreshed while executing
Add>More - never loads, window opens with timer wheel infinitely moving

Like I said things work OK when hitting the portal as "localhost"

I am in the process of evaluating the product as a possibly replacement for our current portal engine application so these issues are show stoppers for me.

Also, it needs to be stated that I have changed the settings in the server admin to reflect the actual server name.

Regards
vk vk,修改在13 年前。

New Member 帖子: 5 加入日期: 10-11-18 最近的帖子
Hi All,

First place, thanks a ton for providing the fix in a hook format, was very easy to test the patch.

With the patch I got rid of few issues, I have another issues with the dialog box and dockbar in IE

1. I have made the dockbar visible only to the admin users by adding a permission check in the portal_normal.vm

2. And I have a page which throws a modal dialog.

Now in case of IE ( 6, 7 and 8 ) , when I log in as admin user, the pages have a dockbar and the modal dialog box is rendered as expected, but when I login as normal user (users who dont have access to dockbar) the dialog box is not render, I could just see only the background overlay.

I get the following Javascript error

'undefined' is null or not an object.

I had seen a similar post where there is an issue with image gallery in the IE in absence of the dockbar. If anyone could shed some light around this it will be great.

Thanks
vk
vk vk,修改在13 年前。

New Member 帖子: 5 加入日期: 10-11-18 最近的帖子
Ok, as a workaround I have hidden the dockbar using css. It solves the problem for now.

But the original issue still remains open, without dockbar the modal dialog boxes doesnt work in IE.

#if($is_signed_in)
 #if (!(($permissionChecker.isOmniadmin())||$permissionChecker.isCompanyAdmin($themeDisplay.getCompanyId())))
                        <style>.dockbar {display:none;}</style>
        #end
         #dockbar()

#end

Thanks
vk
fadzlinor mustapa,修改在13 年前。

New Member 帖子: 3 加入日期: 10-9-23 最近的帖子
hi,

i'm also having the same problem. (http://www.liferay.com/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/5588281) i'm using IE 8. anyone generous to help?
Jack 丁,修改在12 年前。

New Member 发布: 1 加入日期: 11-9-9 最近的帖子
That's great!Just wonderful!
Thanks so much!
Hugo Müller,修改在13 年前。

Hello @all,

i think there is still a bug with Alloy emoticon

I customized my Theme from 5.2.3 to 6.0.5 and used the code from the following article
http://www.liferay.com/community/wiki/-/wiki/Main/Link+to+Dockbar

I get the following error in IE 7:

Line: 1
Character: 511
Error: 'one(...)' is null or not an object

After doing a page refresh the links are working.
When i change the page same error until i do a page refresh.

In firefox i have the same problem. I need to refresh the current page before the two links work.

Whats going wrong?

Thanks,
Best regards,
Hugo
Sreerang Kulkarni,修改在13 年前。

New Member 发布: 1 加入日期: 10-10-8 最近的帖子
Thank you for fixing this issue. It took nearly a week for me to fix the infinite loading issue. there should be a conspicuous announcement on the liferay home page for such show stoppers. I was about to relinquish incorporate liferay into my companny. At last, this forum helped me!
Camilo Wilson,修改在13 年前。

SHOW STOPPER with 6.0.5 (Ga3)

New Member 帖子: 4 加入日期: 07-7-23 最近的帖子
This major, unavoidable problem, with all versions of IE (not just old versions), stopped us dead on our tracks, and it will stop any evaluator as well. Liferay should fix it and issue 6.06.
thumbnail

RE: SHOW STOPPER with 6.0.5 (Ga3)

Hi!
I had the same issue on a bundle 6.0.5 instalation, so I applied the patch and everything it's working fine.

We have another instalation for production purpose on a JBoss Enterprise, so we instaled Liferay using a separated liferay-portal-6.0.5.war, described on administrator documentation.

So we applied the same patch, but... it isn't working!

When try to show Layouts and/or More Applications on IE7 we get:
Line: 993
Caracter: 3
URI: http://localhost:9080/html/js/aui/aui-node/aui-node.js

I cleared temp internet files, jboss server default work folder, restarted the server...

But the bundle instalation is working fine...

Is there another fix for non bundle instalation (it isn't from source code)?

tks
thumbnail

Well... for tests purposes I copied the ROOT.war/html/js folder from bundle to the other instalation (non bundle), and restarted de server, but the problem persists.

I compared all files: liferay.js and all aui-node folder contents from bundle and non bundle instalations with WinMerge and they're all identicals...
thumbnail

Well... problem solved!

Steps:
Stop Liferay Server
Removed all folders in ROOT.war, except WEB-INF folder
Copied all folders from [b]liferay-portal-6.0.5.war[/b] except WEB-INF
Apply Alloy patch
Start server

Now it's working!

bye
thumbnail
David Underwood,修改在12 年前。

New Member 帖子: 22 加入日期: 10-8-6 最近的帖子
I'm running 6.0.5 (Ga3) and recently ran into this problem.
Since Nate's note says
FYI, these are both fixed in trunk, but I'm including details here on how to patch it in case running from the latest isn't an option.

I downloaded and am trying liferay-portal-tomcat-6.0.6-20110225.

The RSS feed now loads and shows content where previously the javascript error would keep it from loading at all.
Unfortunately there is still a javascript error, "'delegate' is null or not an object"
This happens on any page on which I put an RSS portlet -- even an empty one.

I'm running IE 7.0.5730.13

Please advise.