留言板

LDAP Server [Add] button error

Rian Simon,修改在11 年前。

LDAP Server [Add] button error

New Member 帖子: 6 加入日期: 12-4-18 最近的帖子
Trying the Development virtual appliance built on Ubuntu 10.10 located at: http://bitnami.org/stack/liferay and doing my best to test this software out to see if it will be a fit for our organization. Thanks ahead of time for any help or pointers.

I have started over several times with a fresh system and I seem to be missing something...

After getting the server up (still on dhcp this time) and going to the link of the server "http://{dhcp address}/lifreray" (version 6.0.1-1) I am able to log in using the default creds.
I dont really want to change the database considering everything seems to be functional (at least enought to test with) so I immediatly try to get the LDAP settings configured.

Go to
.. Control Pannel
.. Portal
.. Portal Settings
Authentication
LDAP

Enable
.. Save

-> get shot back to general TAB
LDAP
Click- [Add]
-> get shot back to general TAB - or - after clicking some of the other check boxes get the following error on a blank page:
[Portal Settings is temporarily unavailable.]

I have also tried to edit the portal-ext.properties based on some of the other forum entries I have seen, but what I have by default is FAR from what I have seen elseware.

/opt/bitnami/apache-tomcat/webapps/liferay/WEB-INF/classes/portal-ext.properties

***********************************************************************************************
portal.ctx=/liferay
auto.deploy.dest.dir=/opt/bitnami/apache-tomcat/webapps
auto.deploy.deploy.dir=/opt/bitnami/apps/liferay/data/deploy
lucene.dir=/opt/bitnami/apps/liferay/data/lucene
jcr.jackrabbit.repository.root=/opt/bitnami/apps/liferay/data/jackrabbit
resource.repositories.root=/opt/bitnami/apps/liferay/data

jdbc.default.driverClassName=com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
jdbc.default.url=jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/bitnami_liferay?useUnicode=true&ch$
jdbc.default.username=bitnami
jdbc.default.password=0828a66efe

include-and-override=/opt/bitnami/apps/liferay/data/portal-setup-wizard.propert$

browser.launcher.url=
*************************************************************************************************

There is a really long config file and I am wondering if what is configured by default is limited intentionally.
thumbnail
David H Nebinger,修改在11 年前。

RE: LDAP Server [Add] button error

Liferay Legend 帖子: 14914 加入日期: 06-9-2 最近的帖子
Well, two things. You didn't mention actually setting up any LDAP config stuff, doing the 'test import' button (or whatever it's called now), etc.

Second, I don't know if you did it but there's a couple of lines from the portal-ext.properties files that have $ at the end and look like they are truncated values.

Also, I think there were some posts about the wizard maybe not working right (but don't quote me on that). You may just want to try to set up the portal-ext.properties file the way we all used to and see if that is somehow causing your failure...
Rian Simon,修改在11 年前。

David
Your correct, I have not (on this installation) set anything up. It is completely clean, on one of my prior attempts LDAP was one of the last things I worked on and I assumed I screwed something up and started over.

As for the .properties file, I will look at that later today, like I said tho, this is a completely clean un-modified virtual so that was not put that way by me, I will look for one of the other .properties files build by someone with more knowledge than me and see what that does.

Also, on the wizard, what you said may be correct, I notieced that some of the windows installs include a wizard and I have not seen anything like that with this virtual appliance, at least yet.

Thanks for the pointers I will do a bit more digging and see what Ican find.
thumbnail
Alpesh Bhavsar,修改在11 年前。

New Member 帖子: 17 加入日期: 12-4-18 最近的帖子
Hi Rian,

move portal-ext.properties file at /opt/bitnami/ location and restart Liferay.

Check if it works or not.
Rian Simon,修改在11 年前。

Alpesh Bhavsar:
Hi Rian,

move portal-ext.properties file at /opt/bitnami/ location and restart Liferay.

Check if it works or not.

I tried this and it did not help. The "Add" button still does nothing but shoot me back to the general tab screen.

I think i found something that may help, not sure, but I am going to give it a shot anyway. In one of the user guids there is a "Tip" with the following line to add to the .properties file that will disable the wizard:

"setup.wizard.enabled=false"

I am going to try adding this as a "=true" instead. May be wasted time, but might be worth a shot.
Rian Simon,修改在11 年前。

Status update

Seems I did stumble across something that helped out.

First - Added the wiard=true line i mentioned in my last post
Went to http://"link" of server
Went to very basic setup and accepted terms
**note** froze at "this could take a fe minutes"
Went back to http://"link" of server
Message displayed about the success of the modification of the wizard.properties file

Now when I go to the Authentication/LDAP settings I am at least able to see and modify the default LDAP server, which to my surprise has some of the correct information already.

If I run into any more crazy issues I'll post them. Thanks again for your help!
Rian Simon,修改在11 年前。

On to next problem :-/.

"Test LDAP Connection" - Passes
"Test LDAP Users" & "Test LDA Groups" returns a blank box...

LDAP - No error or info

I can usually work with an error but I dont know what to do with this...

Here is what I have set:

USERS
Authentication Search Filter -(objectCategory=person)(mail=@email_address@)
Import Search Filter - (objectClass=person)
Screen Name - sn
Password - userPassword
Email Address - mail
**nothing in full name**
First Name - givenName
**nothing in middle name**
Last Name - sn
Job Title - title
**Nothing in portrat**
Groupe - memberOf
**nothing in UUID**

GROUPS
Import Search Filter - (objectClass=group)
Group Name - cn
Description - description
User - member

It seems I caught this right as it came out, I am debating on attempting to grab an older version and see if these problems I am having are just bugs with the new version or if I am just royally screwing this up.. :-(
thumbnail
David H Nebinger,修改在11 年前。

Liferay Legend 帖子: 14914 加入日期: 06-9-2 最近的帖子
You have to define the search and the mapping values for your particular LDAP tree.

The canned ones that come w/ Liferay are really generic, but often do not match what a typical enterprise will have.

Unfortunately the tools for setting up LDAP don't offer much in the way of testing the queries, etc. in order to find something that will work for you.

I typically use JXplorer to get a working search query, then start looking at your attributes and figure out the best way to map them.
Rian Simon,修改在11 年前。

David,

I downloaded and installed JXplorer just before I got your message. I'll take a look at this and see if I can line everything out. Thanks again for your help!
thumbnail
Alpesh Bhavsar,修改在11 年前。

New Member 帖子: 17 加入日期: 12-4-18 最近的帖子
Rian Simon:
Trying the Development virtual appliance built on Ubuntu 10.10 located at: http://bitnami.org/stack/liferay and doing my best to test this software out to see if it will be a fit for our organization. Thanks ahead of time for any help or pointers.

I have started over several times with a fresh system and I seem to be missing something...

After getting the server up (still on dhcp this time) and going to the link of the server "http://{dhcp address}/lifreray" (version 6.0.1-1) I am able to log in using the default creds.
I dont really want to change the database considering everything seems to be functional (at least enought to test with) so I immediatly try to get the LDAP settings configured.

Go to
.. Control Pannel
.. Portal
.. Portal Settings
Authentication
LDAP

Enable
.. Save

-> get shot back to general TAB
LDAP
Click- [Add]
-> get shot back to general TAB - or - after clicking some of the other check boxes get the following error on a blank page:
[Portal Settings is temporarily unavailable.]

I have also tried to edit the portal-ext.properties based on some of the other forum entries I have seen, but what I have by default is FAR from what I have seen elseware.

/opt/bitnami/apache-tomcat/webapps/liferay/WEB-INF/classes/portal-ext.properties

***********************************************************************************************
portal.ctx=/liferay
auto.deploy.dest.dir=/opt/bitnami/apache-tomcat/webapps
auto.deploy.deploy.dir=/opt/bitnami/apps/liferay/data/deploy
lucene.dir=/opt/bitnami/apps/liferay/data/lucene
jcr.jackrabbit.repository.root=/opt/bitnami/apps/liferay/data/jackrabbit
resource.repositories.root=/opt/bitnami/apps/liferay/data

jdbc.default.driverClassName=com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
jdbc.default.url=jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/bitnami_liferay?useUnicode=true&ch$
jdbc.default.username=bitnami
jdbc.default.password=0828a66efe

include-and-override=/opt/bitnami/apps/liferay/data/portal-setup-wizard.propert$

browser.launcher.url=
*************************************************************************************************

There is a really long config file and I am wondering if what is configured by default is limited intentionally.

I was having same issue and I solve it through below step..

My server's hostname was localhost.localdomain. Which was pointing to 127.0.0.1
so I did hosts file entry and pointed to my server's IP address. Then I restarted server and onward I was able to add "LDAP server".
thumbnail
Sayyed Hani,修改在11 年前。

New Member 帖子: 4 加入日期: 12-11-11 最近的帖子
Hi to everybody,

I searched a lot about this, the way that Rian mentioned doesn't work for me.
I found this as an Issue reported on Jira but because it was unreproducible, closed!
I use Ubuntu server 12.0.4.1 LTS 64bit and Liferay Community Edition 6.1.1 GA 2
and OpenJDK (also try Sun JDK)
the stacktrace is :
07:39:03,910 WARN  [http-bio-8080-exec-10][PortletRequestProcessor:160] This URL can only be invoked using POST: /group/control_panel/manage?p_auth=O4pnM7QC&p_p_id=130&p_p_lifecycle=1&p_p_state=maximized&p_p_mode=view&doAsGroupId=10179&refererPlid=10611&_130_struts_action=%2Fportal_settings%2Fedit_company
07:39:04,066 ERROR [http-bio-8080-exec-10][render_portlet_jsp:154] com.liferay.portal.security.auth.PrincipalException: /group/control_panel/manage?p_auth=O4pnM7QC&p_p_id=130&p_p_lifecycle=1&p_p_state=maximized&p_p_mode=view&doAsGroupId=10179&refererPlid=10611&_130_struts_action=%2Fportal_settings%2Fedit_company
	at com.liferay.portal.struts.PortletRequestProcessor.process(PortletRequestProcessor.java:165)
	at com.liferay.portlet.StrutsPortlet.processAction(StrutsPortlet.java:212)
	at com.liferay.portlet.FilterChainImpl.doFilter(FilterChainImpl.java:70)
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.portlet.PortletFilterUtil.doFilter(PortletFilterUtil.java:48)
	at com.liferay.portlet.InvokerPortletImpl.invoke(InvokerPortletImpl.java:548)
	at com.liferay.portlet.InvokerPortletImpl.invokeAction(InvokerPortletImpl.java:579)
	at com.liferay.portlet.InvokerPortletImpl.processAction(InvokerPortletImpl.java:294)
	at com.liferay.portal.action.LayoutAction.processPortletRequest(LayoutAction.java:944)
	at com.liferay.portal.action.LayoutAction.processLayout(LayoutAction.java:688)
	at com.liferay.portal.action.LayoutAction.execute(LayoutAction.java:249)
	at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionPerform(RequestProcessor.java:431)
	at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:236)
	at com.liferay.portal.struts.PortalRequestProcessor.process(PortalRequestProcessor.java:176)
	at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1196)
	at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doGet(ActionServlet.java:414)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:621)
	at com.liferay.portal.servlet.MainServlet.callParentService(MainServlet.java:560)
	at com.liferay.portal.servlet.MainServlet.service(MainServlet.java:537)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:722)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:305)

my coworker finally find this link that was an answer!
Change your Virtual Host in Portal Settings, it is localhost for default, change it to your IP for example.
Then save and Add LDAP Server now works!
Because that Issue on jira was closed, I can't write this comment there, but I know many people will have this problem! As I searched I can't find anywhere describe this...

Best Regards,

Hani