留言板

RE: Login Authentication failed after Liferay Upgrade (5.2.3 to 6.0 )

thumbnail
Sunil Rai,修改在12 年前。

Login Authentication failed after Liferay Upgrade (5.2.3 to 6.0 )

Junior Member 帖子: 57 加入日期: 12-1-31 最近的帖子
After upgradation of liferay only administrator is able to login. Main issue what I figured out is Screen-Name (for any user) is changed when they attempt to login.emoticon

e.g. suppose ScreenName in database is "sunil" and when I attempt for login it is changed to "sunil.1". Even I have tried to update the ScreenName by Mysql query but again it is changed to "sunil.2" when I try to login again.

If anyone can sugesst me something regarding this issue it will great. if any further information is required, please let me know.Thanks
thumbnail
Subhasis Roy,修改在12 年前。

Expert 帖子: 275 加入日期: 12-1-20 最近的帖子
how did you shifted the db data from liferay5.2.3 to liferay6.0.
because the table creation process for liferay 5.2.3 and liferay 6.0 is a bit different.
thumbnail
Sunil Rai,修改在12 年前。

Subhasis Roy:
how did you shifted the db data from liferay5.2.3 to liferay6.0.
because the table creation process for liferay 5.2.3 and liferay 6.0 is a bit different.

I have taken the DB of Liferay 5.2.3 and then configured the Liferay 6.0 to point the database. I think it will automatically detect the old version and upgrade to new version.
(Only algorithm has to be changed permissions.user.check.algorithm=5). Let me know if I am missing something to follow.
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa,修改在12 年前。

Liferay Legend 帖子: 7942 加入日期: 10-3-24 最近的帖子
I'm not sure if this is an issue with you, bu have you updated your permission algorithm?
permissions.user.check.algorithm=5

http://www.liferay.com/documentation/liferay-portal/6.1/user-guide/-/ai/permissio-4
thumbnail
Sunil Rai,修改在12 年前。

Hitoshi Ozawa:
I'm not sure if this is an issue with you, bu have you updated your permission algorithm?

http://www.liferay.com/documentation/liferay-portal/6.1/user-guide/-/ai/permissio-4

I have updated the permission algorithm for the upgrade to Liferay 6.0. And after upgrade process I have commented it like :
#permissions.user.check.algorithm=5

This is what I have done. Please let me know if you want to know something else?
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa,修改在12 年前。

have updated the permission algorithm for the upgrade to Liferay 6.0. And after upgrade process I have commented it like :

If you haven't updated your permission, you need to set this property! Uncomment it.

thumbnail
Sunil Rai,修改在12 年前。

Hitoshi Ozawa:
have updated the permission algorithm for the upgrade to Liferay 6.0. And after upgrade process I have commented it like :

If you haven't updated your permission, you need to set this property! Uncomment it.

Please check this link http://www.liferay.com/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/5349480 I have followed the steps mentioned here. Check the following steps:

1. Liferay and DB backup
2. extract liferay to destination folder
3. start liferay on its defaults (it looks like you have to do it before upgrade)
4. liferay shutdown
5. configure Liferay
#portal-ext.properties
jdbc.default.jndi.name=jdbc/LiferayPool
dl.file.max.size=15728640
dl.file.extensions=.bmp,.css,.doc,.dot,.gif,.gz,.htm,.html,.jpg,.js,.lar,.odb,.odf,.odg,.odp,.ods,.odt,.pdf,.png,.ppt,.rtf,.swf,.sxc,.sxi,.sxw,.tar,.tiff,.tgz,.txt,.vsd,.xls,.xml,.zip,.flv

#modify files:
/data/jackrabbit/repository.xml (my jackrabbit uses mysql)
/tomcat-6.0.26/conf/context.xml (cluster)
/tomcat-6.0.26/conf/server.xml (cluster)
/tomcat-6.0.26/conf/Catalina/localhost/ROOT.xml (mysql data source config)

6. remove all sevencogs apps (upgrade always fails because of it)
7. start liferay, watch catalina.out for errors
8. shutdown
9. remove permissions.user.check.algorithm=5
10. add image.hook.impl=com.liferay.portal.image.DatabaseHook
11. startup liferay

Here after upgrade we have to shutdown and then remove "permissions.user.check.algorithm=5". If I am not removing this line then it will start some upgrade process again on next start-up. emoticon
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa,修改在12 年前。

Below is the Liferay.com's document on upgrade. Please read it.
http://www.liferay.com/documentation/liferay-portal/6.0/administration/-/ai/upgrading-lifer-4

•Modify your portal-ext.properties file and set permissions.user.check.algorithm=5.
•Start (or restart) your application server. Watch the console as Liferay starts: it should upgrade the database automatically. Verify that your portal is operating normally, and then run the upgrade procedure to upgrade to permissions algorithm 6 (see below) and restart.

Liferay 6.0 introduces permissions algorithm 6. Algorithm 6 is an enhancement to our permissions system which drastically improves performance by reducing the number of queries necessary to determine permissions for any individual asset within Liferay portal.

Liferay 6 by default is configured to use algorithm 6. This is appropriate for new installations, but requires additional configuration for upgrades, because the table structure for this algorithm is different from the structures for the previous algorithms. For this reason, before you start Liferay 6 for the first time and run the upgrade process, you need to tell Liferay 6 to use Algorithm 5, and then run a separate conversion utility later, after you have verified that the upgrade was successful. To temporarily switch your Liferay 6 installation to algorithm 5, add the following entry to your portal-ext.properties:
thumbnail
Sunil Rai,修改在12 年前。

Thanks for the reply. I will check these options and post the update here soon.
thumbnail
Sunil Rai,修改在11 年前。

I followed the procedure given in the relevant links by you but I am still facing the same problem as of my first message in this thread. i.e if anyone tries to login than his ID is changing. e.g "sunilkr.1". Can you suggest me something as I am close to final up-gradation.
thumbnail
Sunil Rai,修改在11 年前。

Can anyone share his/her experience regarding what is the common problem for login issue after upgrade ?
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa,修改在11 年前。

Any chance that you're using LDAP?
thumbnail
Sunil Rai,修改在11 年前。

Hitoshi Ozawa:
Any chance that you're using LDAP?

Yes, I am using LDAP. Microsoft active directory is integrated with my portal. But I have checked my MySql database and all the users are there in my database. Any idea what is going wrong?
thumbnail
Sunil Rai,修改在11 年前。

I got some response on linkedin so I have changed: users.screen.name.always.autogenerate=false
By setting this property I am able to login emoticon

In our portal we are using "Screen Name" for login and if new user will be added to Active Directory his details is automatically created in the Liferay portal when he tries to login. My only concern is if above property is set to false then it will affect auto-generation of new user details too or it will remain unaffected ?