留言板

Vaadin REFRESH

mehmet tasar,修改在11 年前。

Vaadin REFRESH

Junior Member 帖子: 49 加入日期: 11-3-6 最近的帖子
Hi All,
I started to switch from alloy to vaadin.

But i have got a trouble with Vaadin Form. I will tell an easy way.
I have two portlet. In first portlet, I populate a select component from database. it is working properly.
In second portlet, I get new data from user for first portlet's select component. But cannot repopulate the first portlet in current user session.

How can I refresh the first portlet's window?
thumbnail
David H Nebinger,修改在11 年前。

RE: Vaadin REFRESH

Liferay Legend 帖子: 14914 加入日期: 06-9-2 最近的帖子
Use the Liferay IPC plugin to send messages between your portlets.

You could send the data collected in portlet 2 to the listener on portlet 1, or you could send a simple message indicating that portlet 1 should refresh itself...

Alternatively you could use the Refresher plugin in portlet 1. It will invoke a method on portlet 1 to allow you to refresh automatically on a timed basis.
mehmet tasar,修改在11 年前。

David H Nebinger:
Use the Liferay IPC plugin to send messages between your portlets.

You could send the data collected in portlet 2 to the listener on portlet 1, or you could send a simple message indicating that portlet 1 should refresh itself...

Alternatively you could use the Refresher plugin in portlet 1. It will invoke a method on portlet 1 to allow you to refresh automatically on a timed basis.

Thanks David,
I used the Liferay IPC. It is working if portlets are on the same page.
When i put separate pages, first portlet is not refreshing.
thumbnail
Jack Bakker,修改在11 年前。

Liferay Master 帖子: 978 加入日期: 10-1-3 最近的帖子
I think instead of 'Liferay IPC plugin' that David meant to write 'Vaadin IPC' plugin ? (https://vaadin.com/directory#addon/vaadin-ipc-for-liferay)

Vaadin IPC plugin uses Javascript so, yeah same page only

In contrast, and more generically Liferay IPC can do send/receive between portlets when placed on different pages ; Rick Sezov's "Liferay in Action" gives some detail on this I think
mehmet tasar,修改在11 年前。

can you show me any example for Liferay IPC. is it working with vaadin?

Also I am searching a method like onload instead of init method.
so, if a user refresh the page, the window should be refresh too. because it is possible that another user can change this portlet's data.
Is there any a simple way for this issue?
thumbnail
Jack Bakker,修改在11 年前。

Liferay Master 帖子: 978 加入日期: 10-1-3 最近的帖子
mehmet tasar:
can you show me any example for Liferay IPC

I like Rich Sezov's Liferay in Action book example for Liferay IPC (inter-portlet communication). I think there is at least one wiki on this too somewhere here at www.liferay.com.

mehmet tasar:
is it working with vaadin?

I've used Vaadin IPC Plugin and I've used Liferay IPC with MVCPortlet but haven't tried Liferay IPC with Vaadin.

mehmet tasar:
Also I am searching a method like onload instead of init method.
so, if a user refresh the page, the window should be refresh too. because it is possible that another user can change this portlet's data.
Is there any a simple way for this issue?

I can't tell if you are asking about refreshing only the Vaadin portlet or the entire browser window. There are ways for each.
thumbnail

mehmet tasar:
can you show me any example for Liferay IPC. is it working with vaadin?

Yes portlet events work with Vaadin. Here's a link for a basic implementation: http://demo.vaadin.com/6.2.0.pre1/docs/example-source/com/vaadin/demo/portlet/

Even though it says 6.2.0.pre1, the concepts are basically the same for all of Vaadin 6. May change under Vaadin 7, but since it's not out yet who knows?
mehmet tasar,修改在11 年前。

Thank you David,
As i mention above, is there any other simple method to refresh the page?
Because A lot of function can impact the current page's data, so it does not make sense to use IPC for every transaction.
thumbnail

For that I'd use the refresher plugin.

It calls a method in your registered listener to refresh content.
thumbnail

Jack Bakker:
I think instead of 'Liferay IPC plugin' that David meant to write 'Vaadin IPC' plugin ? (https://vaadin.com/directory#addon/vaadin-ipc-for-liferay)

Yeah, that's the right plugin but the Vaadin class that you end up using is LiferayIPC emoticon