留言板

portal-ext.properties

thumbnail
Haythem Al Shaikh Ahmed,修改在11 年前。

portal-ext.properties

New Member 帖子: 20 加入日期: 12-12-9 最近的帖子
Hi all,

I have created Liferay’s Ext to modify on the document library's JSPs.
Specifically, I want to modify on toolbars.jsp, its ok, I know how to modify, but i dont know what i change on portal-ext.properties file to appear the enchantments.

So, How can i know which specific attribute i change or set?
Can anyone help me?

Thanks All and Regards,
thumbnail
Sampsa Sohlman,修改在11 年前。

RE: portal-ext.properties

Regular Member 帖子: 230 加入日期: 07-9-27 最近的帖子
Haythem Al Shaikh Ahmed:
Hi all,

I have created Liferay’s Ext to modify on the document library's JSPs.
Specifically, I want to modify on toolbars.jsp, its ok, I know how to modify, but i dont know what i change on portal-ext.properties file to appear the enchantments.

So, How can i know which specific attribute i change or set?
Can anyone help me?

Thanks All and Regards,

Hi Haythem Al Shaikh Ahmed,

Instead of ext-plugin, I would suggest to create a hook plugin. Take a look our Hooks documentation.
thumbnail

Thanks Mr. Sampsa Sohlman

i tried your suggestion before moving to Ext plugin, but again i stuck by the following
i added button on the toolbar.jsp in document library portlet, this button make an action by sending it to my own class in com.liferay.portlet.documentlibrary.action,
also i mapped the action in struts-config.xml and tried in struts-config-ext.xml , in all cases it gives NO Class Found.
Therefore i used the Ext plugin and i see its ease to use but i have some missing issue in properties files, There is no clear documentation for them.

Any suggestion or solution except the examples in development guide?

Thanks again
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa,修改在11 年前。

Liferay Legend 帖子: 7942 加入日期: 10-3-24 最近的帖子
but i have some missing issue in properties files, There is no clear documentation for them.

What missing issues? You're not giving us all the information necessary to answer your question. In the first post, you've only stated that you wanted to modify one jsp file when you actually want to add java classes as well. Liferay is outputting errors because you program has errors. Why do you think there's missing properties in portal-ext.properties?
thumbnail

i want to add the java classes when i tried to use the Hook plugin not Ext plugin, also i think there's missing in portal-ext.properties depend on the development guide

http://www.liferay.com/documentation/liferay-portal/6.1/development/-/ai/developing-an-ext-plug-4

Anyway, can you help me for this problem?
thumbnail
Milen Dyankov,修改在11 年前。

Expert 帖子: 310 加入日期: 12-10-30 最近的帖子
I also think it should be possible to apply your changes by only using hook. Please read carefully:

I suggest to start with a clean Liferay instance and follow the above instructions to avoid problems caused by your previous experiments.
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa,修改在11 年前。

Milen, read Haythem's post. It's difficult to exactly know what's Haythem is trying to do because he's not explaining his situation clearly, but he's also trying to add his own Java classes too. The question is does he have to create a new java class or just add methods to an existing class.
thumbnail
Milen Dyankov,修改在11 年前。

Hitoshi Ozawa:
Milen, read Haythem's post. It's difficult to exactly know what's Haythem is trying to do because he's not explaining his situation clearly, but he's also trying to add his own Java classes too. The question is does he have to create a new java class or just add methods to an existing class.

True!
However this:
i mapped the action in struts-config.xml and tried in struts-config-ext.xml

made me think the Haythem is actually trying to provide a custom Struts action - thus the suggestion.
thumbnail

Hi Mr. Milen,

I am applying your suggestion and everything is ok until when i reached to create portal.properties file inside example-hook/docroot/WEB-INF/src depend on its example with the following content: login.events.pre=com.liferay.sample.hook.LoginAction
and editing liferay-hook.xml inside example-hook/docroot/WEB-INF and add the following line above <custom-jsp-dir>:
<portal-properties>portal.properties</portal-properties>, and when i deploy the project then , it appears the following exception :

13:01:05,816 ERROR [pool-2-thread-1][HookHotDeployListener:1526] Unable to read portal.properties
com.germinus.easyconf.ConfigurationNotFoundException: Error reading configuration for portal: The base properties file was not found
at com.liferay.portal.configuration.easyconf.ClassLoaderComponentConfiguration.getProperties(ClassLoaderComponentConfiguration.java:81)
at com.liferay.portal.configuration.ConfigurationImpl.getComponentProperties(ConfigurationImpl.java:402)
at com.liferay.portal.configuration.ConfigurationImpl.printSources(ConfigurationImpl.java:417)
at com.liferay.portal.configuration.ConfigurationImpl.<init>(ConfigurationImpl.java:77)
at com.liferay.portal.configuration.ConfigurationImpl.<init>(ConfigurationImpl.java:54)
at com.liferay.portal.configuration.ConfigurationFactoryImpl.getConfiguration(ConfigurationFactoryImpl.java:28)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.configuration.ConfigurationFactoryUtil.getConfiguration(ConfigurationFactoryUtil.java:27)
at com.liferay.portal.deploy.hot.HookHotDeployListener.initPortalProperties(HookHotDeployListener.java:1522)
at com.liferay.portal.deploy.hot.HookHotDeployListener.doInvokeDeploy(HookHotDeployListener.java:563)
at com.liferay.portal.deploy.hot.HookHotDeployListener.invokeDeploy(HookHotDeployListener.java:273)
at com.liferay.portal.deploy.hot.HotDeployImpl.doFireDeployEvent(HotDeployImpl.java:188)
at com.liferay.portal.deploy.hot.HotDeployImpl.fireDeployEvent(HotDeployImpl.java:96)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.hot.HotDeployUtil.fireDeployEvent(HotDeployUtil.java:27)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.PluginContextListener.fireDeployEvent(PluginContextListener.java:151)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.PluginContextListener.doPortalInit(PluginContextListener.java:141)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.util.BasePortalLifecycle.portalInit(BasePortalLifecycle.java:42)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.util.PortalLifecycleUtil.flushInits(PortalLifecycleUtil.java:48)
at com.liferay.portal.servlet.MainServlet.initPlugins(MainServlet.java:858)
at com.liferay.portal.servlet.MainServlet.init(MainServlet.java:366)
at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java:160)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.initServlet(StandardWrapper.java:1266)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java:1185)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.load(StandardWrapper.java:1080)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.loadOnStartup(StandardContext.java:5015)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal(StandardContext.java:5302)
at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:150)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:895)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:871)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:615)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDescriptor(HostConfig.java:649)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig$DeployDescriptor.run(HostConfig.java:1585)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:441)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:303)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:138)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

How can i solve this exception?

Thanks Mr. Milen
thumbnail
Milen Dyankov,修改在11 年前。

Well it seems the portal can not find your portal.properties file. Can you check whether it is actually in the WAR file? Also double check you don't have a typo in the file name and/or inside the liferay-hook.xml file. For example on Windows one common issue is portal.properties file getting saved as portal.properties.txt
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa,修改在11 年前。

Milen, he created an ext plugin. He shouldn't have portal.properties file in his ext plugin. It seems like he's creating a mess.
thumbnail
Milen Dyankov,修改在11 年前。

Hitoshi, he was in the beginning. Now, as suggested, he is creating a hook:
when i reached to create portal.properties file inside example-hook/docroot/WEB-INF/src

Or at least this is how I understand the above statement!
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa,修改在11 年前。

he was in the beginning. Now, as suggested, he is creating a hook:

Sorry, missed his last post. I'm going to go to bed. :-)
thumbnail

Thanks Mr. Milen,

you understand me and i'll check about what you say.
thumbnail

First, Happy new Year and best wishes for you

I do double checked of the portal.properties file; there's in war file and lifray-hook.xml file has the exact name of portal.properties file.

what can i do in this case?
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa,修改在11 年前。

You don't need to modify portal-ext.properties.

Like Sampsa replied, just create a hook. Following page provides information on hook.

http://www.liferay.com/documentation/liferay-portal/6.1/development/-/ai/overriding-a-j-4
thumbnail

Thanks Mr. Hitoshi Ozawa

you have the same Sampsa's replied, and i replied on Mr. Sampsa, You can read it.

Thanks again,