留言板

Change private community to public

gordon daniels,修改在11 年前。

Change private community to public

Liferay Master 帖子: 797 加入日期: 08-8-24 最近的帖子
I created a private community, but now realize it needs to be public. Is there any way to change it from private to public? Either in portal-ext.properties or in control panel? Have yet to figure it out.

thanks
thumbnail
Samuel Kong,修改在11 年前。

RE: Change private community to public

Liferay Legend 帖子: 1902 加入日期: 08-3-10 最近的帖子
1. Control Panel > Portal > Sites
2. [your-site] > Actions > Edit Settings
3. Change the "Membership Type" from "Private" to "Open"
4. Save
gordon daniels,修改在11 年前。

Samuel: Longtime no hear. Yes that is the way to do that. But, I did not state my problem clearly :-( I meant the pages are setup as private and I don't see a way to change that.

thanks for the reply and good to hear from you.
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez P,修改在11 年前。

Liferay Legend 帖子: 3089 加入日期: 08-10-28 最近的帖子
Not sure if this is possible but, perhaps you can try exporting your page as LAR and then importing them as public..
gordon daniels,修改在11 年前。

Juan: Ahh, great minds think a like :-). Already tried it, doesn't work BTW. A lesson learned.emoticon

thanks for the help
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez P,修改在11 年前。

Liferay Legend 帖子: 3089 加入日期: 08-10-28 最近的帖子
Ok if you're administrator you can try execute code using Liferay console in Control Panel:

http://www.liferay.com/es/documentation/liferay-portal/6.1/user-guide/-/ai/running-scripts-from-the-control-panel

You'd have to find your algorithm and API for updating or copying your layouts... (probably you can start with LayoutLocalServiceUtil):

http://docs.liferay.com/portal/6.1/javadocs/com/liferay/portal/service/LayoutLocalServiceUtil.html
gordon daniels,修改在11 年前。

Juan: thanks for the links! Good to know.
gordon daniels,修改在11 年前。

Juan: I think the importing the lar will work. I just noticed on 'lcepatchers.org' latest patch fixes the export/import issue with permissions. I'm going to give it a try. Thanks for all your efforts.