Portal Pack 3.0 M1 : Now supports Liferay 5.1.1 Portal Server
Community Blogs 2008年9月2日 按 satya ranjan
What is Portal Pack ?
Portal Pack project provides a set of plug-in(s) for NetBeans (IDE) which support full life-cycle of portlet application development inside NetBeans. Using this tool portlet developers can develop, package, deploy and test portlet inside their NetBeans IDE. Portal Pack supports both JSR-168/286 portlets.
Some of the major features supported by Portal Pack :
- Full support for both JSR 168/JSR 286 specification
- An eventing storyboard to define and assign JSR 286 Events graphically.
- Visual Portlet Builder to develop JSF portlets using WYSIWYG editor
- Portlet deployment support on various Portal Servers.
Portal Pack 3.0 Milestone 1
Portal Pack 3.0 Milestone 1 has been released recently. This version of Portal Pack has support for Liferay 5.1/5.1.1 portal server installed on both Glassfish V2/V3 and Tomcat 5.x server.
Some New Features in this release :
- Support for Liferay Portal Server
- Portlet deployment/undeployment on Liferay 5.1/5.1.1 Server.
- It supports Liferay installed on Glassfish V2/V3 and Tomcat 5.x . The Liferay on Tomcat 6.x support is coming in the next milestone release of Portal Pack.
- Liferay Server can be started/stopped from the IDE. (This support is only available for Windows OS, but other OS like Solaris/Linux/Mac will be supported in the next milestone release.)
- Portlet debugging is also supported.
- You need to select "WebSynergy Stable Build 2" as server type while configuring Liferay Portal Server inside NetBeans IDE.
- Non Java Portlets Support : The Portal Pack 3.0 M1 also supports portlets development in non java languages. The non java portlets developed with Portal Pack can be deployed on Liferay Portal Server. The Eventing Story Board of Portal Pack can also be used to enable cross-widget communications between java/non-java widgets through public render parameters. Currently the following types of liferay non java portlets are supported
- Ruby Portlet
- PHP Portlet
- Groovy Portlet
Some of the major features which are planned for the next milestone Portal Pack 3.0 M2 :
- Spring Portlet Development (Out of Box Spring view/form portlets, Spring Web Flow Support)
- Liferay Service generation through NetBeans
- Liferay on Tomcat 6.x will be supported
So try out Portal Pack 3.0 Milestone 1 !!!