devi nimmagadda
Liferay Clustering
February 22, 2012 4:35 AM
Answer

devi nimmagadda

Recent Posts

Hi all,

can anybody solve this..

If we deploy the application to two servers and we put a load balance server in front of the two application server, when we execute 'Reindex all search indexes', does it reindex for both servers or only one of them?

if anyone knows about it ,please explain me...
Subhasis Roy
RE: Liferay Clustering
February 22, 2012 5:03 AM
Answer

Subhasis Roy

Recent Posts

If the two server instance is using the same database then i think we don't need to re-index in the other server also. But if the two servers are using two different db instances then we need to re-index in both the db to make it synchronize.
Sandeep Nair
February 22, 2012 5:04 AM
Answer

Sandeep Nair

Recent Posts

Hi,

The part you are asking about is just Lucene in clustered environment. There are many ways to do it, like in saving the index in database so all the nodes would be pointing to same database , or saving index in a shared location(not recommended), or using Solr where indexing would happen in separate server, there is a solr web plugin or using cluster.link.enabled property in which the indexes will be replicated on every node. Please read the following link and you might get idea, what to do

http://www.liferay.com/documentation/liferay-portal/6.0/administration/-/ai/unbreakable-liferayvirtual-hostingto-infinity-and-beyondmultip-3

Two best approaches are going for Solr, if you can afford additional application server for indexes
or
Go for cluster.link.enabled property in which the indexes will be replicated across all nodes

Regards,
Sandeep
devi nimmagadda
February 23, 2012 1:44 AM
Answer

devi nimmagadda

Recent Posts

Hi ,

Thanks for your reply.

I have one more question regarding reindex all search indexes.

I made a clustered environment. In that I have reindexed the 2 nodes.

I am getting results but few are missing sometimes. Again these are coming in some times.

can anybody suggest this.. How to resolve this issue.... Why I am facing this problem ?
Hitoshi Ozawa
February 23, 2012 11:07 PM
Answer

Hitoshi Ozawa

Recent Posts

If you are not getting results sometimes, you're probably not replicating indexes between the servers. Replication settings are specified in the portal-ext.properties.