Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
Ed F.
can't change guest and user permissions for wiki display portlet
August 6, 2008 10:02 AM
Answer

Ed F.

Recent Posts

Hey guys, I'm having trouble allowing my wiki display portlet to be viewable by guests and users.

From the Wiki Display portlet configuration menu, I've given view permission to user and guest.
From the Wiki portlet, editing the properties of the article that is displayed, I've given view permission to user and guest.

I've even go so far to add:
/wiki_display/view,\
/wiki_display/view_page

to auth.public.paths in portal-ext.properties.

but now I'm out of ideas, neither guests nor users can see the Wiki Display portlet (but both can wee the Wiki portlet).

Anyone know of another way I can tell Liferay that I want my guests to see this portlet?
Or any suggestions for code on how to figure out what action is being denied to the user?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
-Ed
K Pink
RE: can't change guest and user permissions for wiki display portlet
April 6, 2009 2:34 PM
Answer

K Pink

Recent Posts

I am having the same problem in 5.2.2. Any help appreciated!
K Pink
April 10, 2009 11:07 AM
Answer

K Pink

Recent Posts

it seems there is a bug and the only way to get the wiki display to work is if it is in the same community. It defeats the purpose of what I want to achieve as I want users in that community to be able to view the wiki but not update it (I thought this was the purpose of the wiki display portlet0. So i had to put the wiki in the private page of guest community and display in the public page. Problem is that anyone with view access to guest can update the wiki if they go to the private pages. I am still trying to find a solution to that. It seems from other posts, permissions need some improvements
Hope this helps
Kathy
K Pink
April 10, 2009 11:13 AM
Answer

K Pink

Recent Posts

found out how to prevent guest community members from updating. You need to go into manage wiki (icon on the left side) and then permissions for each node and deslect add page and update from permissions for community member, however that will prevent anyone else from updating the wiki which introduces another problem. I want multiple internal users to be able to update the wiki