Foren

Dockbar problem on fresh install 6.0.6 on linux

thumbnail
Milan Palian, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

Dockbar problem on fresh install 6.0.6 on linux

Junior Member Beiträge: 43 Beitrittsdatum: 10.12.09 Neueste Beiträge
On a fresh install vanilla 6.0.6 with mysql on suse linux, the dockbar does not work using Firefox, Chrome or Safari.
Pin, Add, Manage, Toggle and Go to just do not respond, they change color on mouse-over, but no menu appears.

The problem disappears when:

javascript.fast.load=false

It works fine on my Mac, but not on Linux. Has anyone run into this, any solutions or ideas?
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

RE: Dockbar problem on fresh install 6.0.6 on linux

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 7942 Beitrittsdatum: 24.03.10 Neueste Beiträge
Just to clarify you question, by running, do you mean using Firefox on suse linux or do you mean running Liferay server on suse and viewing
Liferay pages on Windows system using Firefox?
Personally, I have Liferay running of several different linux distribution and on several different versions as a server, but I'm not having any
problem viewing it from my Windows web browsers.
thumbnail

Hitoshi Ozawa:
Just to clarify you question, by running, do you mean using Firefox on suse linux or do you mean running Liferay server on suse and viewing
Liferay pages on Windows system using Firefox?
Personally, I have Liferay running of several different linux distribution and on several different versions as a server, but I'm not having any
problem viewing it from my Windows web browsers.

Liferay is running on Suse and viewed from a Mac using Firefox, Chrome or Safari. It seems to me that the problem occurs somewhere between Liferay and the Firefox, maybe a router, balancer, firewall or such. But I am not sure what to look for, as everything else seems to be working.
thumbnail

If the problem is happening between Liferay and client's web browser, it would be very difficult for us to know what the problem is because
we really don't know about your network. May be you have some reverse proxy that's not handling the javascript compression correctly.
thumbnail

Hitoshi Ozawa:
If the problem is happening between Liferay and client's web browser, it would be very difficult for us to know what the problem is because
we really don't know about your network. May be you have some reverse proxy that's not handling the javascript compression correctly.

There are some indications that this might be happening, thanks for the comment.
thumbnail

javascript.fast.load=true loads /html/js/everything.js instead of individual js files.
If you have apache server up front and move js files to thiis server, it might help.
MICHAIL MOUDATSOS, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

Regular Member Beiträge: 110 Beitrittsdatum: 04.10.11 Neueste Beiträge
Hitoshi Ozawa:
If you have apache server up front and move js files to thiis server, it might help.

What exactly do you mean by that? Could you please elaborate?

I have problems with javascript not working on IE when I access my site through a reverse proxy I've setup with Apache. (e.g. my company_logo resource is missing, css from login portlet and language portlet is missing and page links on page iterator of result table are not working)

Are those related with what you mentioned?
thumbnail

I'm just saying that because js script files often do not change (e.g. Alloy ui scripts), it's possible to put them on html server such as apache with other static contents. Apache does a very good job of caching and it'l lessen the on the application server a little bit.