Foren

Active Users in Liferay?

thumbnail
Mani kandan, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

Active Users in Liferay?

Expert Beiträge: 492 Beitrittsdatum: 15.09.10 Neueste Beiträge
Hi all,

I want to display the list of Active Users who are all logged in the website.

Is it possible to do in Liferay?
thumbnail
Anil Sunkari, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

RE: Active Users in Liferay?

Expert Beiträge: 427 Beitrittsdatum: 12.08.09 Neueste Beiträge
I hope usertracker table will give you full information & you can observe monitoring in control_panel.It also provides you current sessions with user information.

Hope it helps!
thumbnail
Leo Pratlong, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

Expert Beiträge: 363 Beitrittsdatum: 06.07.10 Neueste Beiträge
Hi,

you can set "true" to the property "live.users.enabled" on the portal-ext.properties to allow monitoring through the Control Panel. You will see session ID of connected users. But it's not a real monitoring.
thumbnail
Ravi Kumar Gupta, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 1302 Beitrittsdatum: 24.06.09 Neueste Beiträge
that table will hold data only if live.users.enabled=true is set in properties
thumbnail
Andew Jardine, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 2416 Beitrittsdatum: 22.12.10 Neueste Beiträge
Hi,

I'm trying to do this with Liferay 6, but it doesn't appear to be working for me. I've tried several restarts and cache clearing, but nothing seems to make a difference. In my portal-ext.properties file I have added the required --

live.users.enabled=true

but when I log in, from the control panel I see the message, "there are no live sessions". I even tried querying the usertracker table in the database, but my query returns 0 results. I am logged in as the admin, using localhost, and I am assuming that this doesn't make a difference. Is this a valid assumption?

[UPDATE]: I just implemented an Post Login hook that does a check to see if the property is enabled. Here is the code I used, and it is returning true.

if ( PropsValues.LIVE_USERS_ENABLED ) 
			log.info( "-------------------------------------> LIVE USERS HAS BEEN ENABLED" );
		else
			log.info( "-------------------------------------> LIVE USERS HAS _NOT_ BEEN ENABLED" );

Any help would really be appreciated.
thumbnail

Another update. The same setting fro my coworker WORK, but for me they don't the only difference is that I am running LINUX and my coworker is using WINDOWS.

Does anyone know if there are other portal-ext settings that could conflict with this one? I know that there are others that take precedence sometimes, but I haven't read anything like that for this particular setting -- though maybe it's not documented.
thumbnail

I've solved my own problem. The issue was in my portal-ext.properties configuration. I had changed the post login hook to use MY hook, but failed to append the default (LoginPostAction) class. Once I did that, I was able to see the sessions in the admin portlet.