Foren

Workflow Journal

julien poma, geändert vor 16 Jahren.

Workflow Journal

New Member Beiträge: 2 Beitrittsdatum: 01.06.07 Neueste Beiträge
Hi there,

I'm french user of Liferay and I'm a bit confused with its workflow system.
I had a look at jbpm sample XML files for defining workflows but I still need some more help emoticon.

I'd like to create a workflow for publication of document or article, with diferent states and roles, and I wonder how I can achieve this with the workflow definition portlet (I assume it's possible, isn't it? ).

Thx by advance,
Julien
Amine Bousta, geändert vor 16 Jahren.

RE: Workflow Journal

Junior Member Beiträge: 32 Beitrittsdatum: 02.08.07 Neueste Beiträge
Hello

Same question.

I can see buttons for saving and approving articles.

But it seems a writer can always approve an article by himself and no other approvers are alerted.

Is there a way to define that a user is responsible for approbation?
All other writers could just save their drafts and would have to click on a button to alert the approver when their articles are done and ready for publication?

I can't figure out how it works in Journal but I'm quite sure this simple workflow is possible.
atul patel, geändert vor 16 Jahren.

Regular Member Beiträge: 192 Beitrittsdatum: 18.11.06 Neueste Beiträge
I thought you could control this in permissions view but it looks like its not there.

If your inclined to code, I suggest you create a new permission called approve and add that to the logic for the button presentation and the updateAction.

Once this permission is created, you can assign it to various community roles.

I'm researching the workflow system for one of my projects and ran across your issue. I hope this comment helps.

--Atul
Amine Bousta, geändert vor 16 Jahren.

Junior Member Beiträge: 32 Beitrittsdatum: 02.08.07 Neueste Beiträge
Thank you Atul,

I've already changed the code of Journal. I used the Yahoo UI Tabs in order to clarify the article edition interface.
But I don't like to do that beacause it's a mess when Liferay releases a new version.

As you told me, it is possible indeed to change the logic, create a new permission, alert by e-mail the approvers, create an admin interface to link writers with approvers and so on.
But it's a shame because I'v read many times that a workflow system has been already implemented in Journal and I have the feeling I'm going to reinvent the wheel.

I have the feeling I'm missing something that is already coded....
Christian Adrian Avalos, geändert vor 16 Jahren.

Junior Member Beiträge: 38 Beitrittsdatum: 03.07.07 Neueste Beiträge
hi julian, you dont necesary change journal portlet.

to solve your problem you have to create a new role a edit permission to a journal portlet and give the to the new role, the permission to save a journal but not approve.
and then give the new role to a specific user.

i had the same problem and i solved that way
Vincent Truchot, geändert vor 15 Jahren.

New Member Beiträge: 7 Beitrittsdatum: 25.03.08 Neueste Beiträge
Hi everyone,

The original question was not really answered so I'll try to explain better my question ...

Is it possible to mix the Journal Portlet with the Workflow portlet ?

I had to create a workflow for publishing content with :
  • One author
  • Two approvers

What I understand is that Liferay CMS allows a approval process but with only one approval step. I need two approval steps.

So that's why I'm wondering if it is possible to define CMS workflow in the workflow portlet.

Thanks for your answers.
Vincent.

PS : I hope you'll understand my writing ;)