Foren

Can't change theme of liferay, why?

thumbnail
Vu Dinh Tu, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

Can't change theme of liferay, why?

New Member Beiträge: 7 Beitrittsdatum: 26.12.11 Neueste Beiträge
Dear everybody

So great to work with Liferay, but now, I am having a problem as follows:
I'm using Weblogic 12g release 1 as web app server and deploy Liferay on it. While deploying, there isn't any error message on console screen.
But, when I tried to change the default theme, for examle: change from color scheme Blue to color scheme Green, the color scheme is changed back to color scheme Blue automaticall and immediately after I press on Save button.
I tried to deploy many time and tried to find tthe reason, but untill now... as you can see... I must ask like this.

Is there any idea to resolve this problem... Please help me.

Thanks and best regards
thumbnail
Samuel Kong, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

RE: Can't change theme of liferay, why?

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 1902 Beitrittsdatum: 10.03.08 Neueste Beiträge
What version of Liferay Poratl are you using? I've tested on 6.1 CE GA1 with Tomcat+MySQL and it worked fine. So this might be a Weblogic specific issue. You can report this issue by creating a ticket at http://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS
thumbnail

Thank for your reply, Mr. Samuel Kong.

I'm using Liferay Portal 6.1 CE GA1 also, but it is not Tomcat bundle package of Liferay.

When I deploy Liferay Portal 6.1 CE GA1 on WebLogic 11g (wl_server 10.3), It work well and I can change the theme. But I can't deploy my portlet, which is build by Liferay Plugin SDK for Liferay 6.1. The error message is the same at this thread: http://www.liferay.com/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/12823973
So, I think that WebLogic 12g release 1 may be support and try to deploy Liferay Portal 6.1 CE GA1 on it. But, after I deployed, I got successful message on weblogic admin screen and can not change theme like I wrote and can not deploy any portlet also.

If you have knowledge about this problem, please help me or suggest me some case to check and resolve it.

Thanks and best regards
thumbnail

Dear Mr Samuel Kong

Or may you help me to resolve the problem same at this thread: http://www.liferay.com/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/12823973
I will use Weblogic 11g + Liferay Portal CE GA1. For weblogic 12g, I will find the solution later.

Thanks and best regards
thumbnail

So the theme problem only happens after you unsuccessfully deploy a plugin portlet? Does this happen with all portlets? Or only specific types of portlets. Can you please make sure you include these sort of information in your bug report. Thanks.
thumbnail

After deploying Liferay Portal on Weblogic, I access to menu : Manage -> Site Pages, click on Look and Feel link. At this screen, we can change the theme for Public page, right?
But, after I choice new color scheme of default theme (for example from Blue to Green) and press Save button, the theme is not changed for all (portlets, pages...)

I think there are some problem when Weblogic deploy war file of Liferay Portal, so after deploying, Liferay Portal lack something. But I don't know exactly, which is lack....
thumbnail

Click on an individual page and then select Look and Feel. Make sure that the option Use the same look and feel of the Public Pages. is selected. If "Define a specific look and feel for this page." is selected, your changes won't apply to that page.
thumbnail

Dear Samuel Kong

I know how to change theme and color scheme of Liferay Portal and did it normally so much time. For my case, the problem is:
- I'm using: Liferay CE GA1 (war file on liferay site), Weblogic 12g release 1, database Oracle Express Edition and test the deploying on an desktop PC together
- I use one portal-ext.properties file with the content as follows:

portal.ctx=

#jdbc.default.driverClassName=oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver
#jdbc.default.url=jdbc:oracle:thin:@localhost:1521:xe
#jdbc.default.username=system
#jdbc.default.password=xxxxxxxx

- I deployed normally and got no error message
- After login with account test, I go to : Manage -> Site Pages -> Look and Feel, on the screen, there is default theme only, so I want to change color scheme from Blue to Green.
- After I click to color scheme Green option and press Save button to Apply the changing, Liferay Portal refresh and choice back to color scheme Blue automatically and there is nothing changed.

I mean that, the reason is not that I don't know how to use Liferay. I don't know exactly what is the reason: because of Weblogic, the war file of Liferay Portal or deploying...

If you have time, so can you deploy like my way, and maybe you can see my problem.

Thank for your care
thumbnail

Vu Dinh Tu, unfortunately I'm personally not setup to debug this issue. I'm just trying to provide you with you suggestions on what might possible be the problem since Liferay can sometimes be a little confusing. If you think there might be a bug here, please submit a bug report at http://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS and someone will verify if the bug exists.
thumbnail

OK, thank for your caring and suggestion last time.

I will find an other way to use and develop liferay. I think Liferay Portal so great and the problem is not from Liferay.

Thank you once more time.