Foren

Overriding Liferay Properties

Lior Hadaya, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

Overriding Liferay Properties

Regular Member Beiträge: 138 Beitrittsdatum: 24.01.12 Neueste Beiträge
Hi,
I have Liferay 6.1.10 EE installed.
I was looking at the portal properties in http://www.liferay.com/community/wiki/-/wiki/Main/Portal+Properties+6.0.5#section-Portal+Properties+6.0.5-Portlet and found a few properties I'd like to change.
What do I have to do in order to override these properties? I thought all that was needed is to create a portal-ext.properties file in my Liferay-Home directory and declare the changes in it.

I tried:
users.delete=false
look.and.feel.modifiable=false
layout.comments.enabled=false
but saw no affect.

Maybe I am don't understand correctly what these properties do:
users.delete=false should make it impossible to delete users - but I don't see any option to delete users (only deactivate), so what does this property actually mean?

look.and.feel modifiable - if set to false then the "look and feel" tab in a portlet's configuration should not appear - correct? I tried it (logged in with a user which is not an administrator) but the look-and-feel tab still showed.

layout.comments.enabled - this I really don't understand, where is it possible to add comments to a page? my only guess is the page-commnets portlet, but I saw it wasn't affected when I set the property to false.

Would appreciate if someone could clear this up for me,
Thanks!
thumbnail
Jitendra Rajput, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

RE: Overriding Liferay Properties

Liferay Master Beiträge: 875 Beitrittsdatum: 07.01.11 Neueste Beiträge
Lior Hadaya:

but I don't see any option to delete users (only deactivate), so what does this property actually mean?

In Liferay you can not directly delete any user. You first need to deactivate them and then try to search for user with Active state as NO and then you will see delete option.
Lior Hadaya, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

Regular Member Beiträge: 138 Beitrittsdatum: 24.01.12 Neueste Beiträge
Thanks Jitendra, I followed your instruction and I see that users.delete=false does infact work.
Does anyone know about the other two properties, look.and.feel.modifiable & layout.comments.enabled?
Could it be that they can only be defined before running Liferay for the first time, and trying to change them afterwards has no affect?

Thanks
thumbnail
amit doshi, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

Liferay Master Beiträge: 550 Beitrittsdatum: 29.12.10 Neueste Beiträge
Hi Lior,

You can check that your property changes is reflected or not ,in Control panel--> Server Administration --> Properties

In that you can check in both portal and System according to the property that you have changed.

Hope it helps,

Thanks & Regards,
Amit Doshi
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 7942 Beitrittsdatum: 24.03.10 Neueste Beiträge
Could it be that they can only be defined before running Liferay for the first time, and trying to change them afterwards has no affect?

Should work. Make sure you're NOT logged on as an administrator (e.g. test@liferay.com)