Foren

Database for New User

Iseng Dong, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

Database for New User

New Member Beiträge: 11 Beitrittsdatum: 25.04.12 Neueste Beiträge
Hi guys....
I am using Liferay 6.1.

I would like to ask something.
When you create a new user from Liferay control panel, which tables get effected in liferay's database?
Well, I figured out something. There are 6 tables according to what I could see. There are: users_groups ; users_roles ; contact_ ; user_ ; assetEntry ; resourcePermission.
Is there any other tables that get affected.

Oh... and by the way, I am asking this because I want to add a user manually into Liferay database. Well, I did ask and try the solution given from here: http://www.liferay.com/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/13635690 ; but, no luck until now emoticon

Thank you for helping me........ emoticon
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

RE: Database for New User

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 14916 Beitrittsdatum: 02.09.06 Neueste Beiträge
Don't do it, it's a trap...

The API is the only blessed way to add a user. It's the only way to ensure that all tables are updated appropriately. There's also indexing to consider, which cannot be done using a direct query.

Just don't do it.

David H Nebinger:
Don't do it, it's a trap...

The API is the only blessed way to add a user. It's the only way to ensure that all tables are updated appropriately. There's also indexing to consider, which cannot be done using a direct query.

Just don't do it.

But, I need to do it. Because, I am trying to transfer users data from other website's database which doesn't use Liferay. I have no choice but to insert it inside database.
Well, do you have any suggestions????

anyone???????? please?????
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 14916 Beitrittsdatum: 02.09.06 Neueste Beiträge
Yep, the user service is available as a web service which you can use the portal-client.jar to access. Create a simple java process to retrieve the users from the other database, marshal the information into the appropriate formats, then use the UserServiceSoap interface to add the user to Liferay using the web services.

David H Nebinger:
Yep, the user service is available as a web service which you can use the portal-client.jar to access. Create a simple java process to retrieve the users from the other database, marshal the information into the appropriate formats, then use the UserServiceSoap interface to add the user to Liferay using the web services.

Can you explain in more details, please? I am still new with Liferay emoticon
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 7942 Beitrittsdatum: 24.03.10 Neueste Beiträge
You can also develop a portlet to read data from a file and to import it into liferay.
Use UserLocalServiceUtil.addUser() method to insert user.
http://docs.liferay.com/portal/6.0/javadocs/com/liferay/portal/service/UserLocalServiceUtil.html
Gowtham Mani, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

Junior Member Beiträge: 56 Beitrittsdatum: 26.11.08 Neueste Beiträge
If you are trying to add the user from external java applications you can use the Portal_UserService to add the user.