Foren

Need Assistance to create First Website

Lokendra Shekhawat, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

Need Assistance to create First Website

New Member Beiträge: 12 Beitrittsdatum: 07.01.13 Neueste Beiträge
Hi everyone,

I am newbie in Liferay.. I installed and configured Liferay ee successfully. I also mange to configure it with mysql database at the backend.
I created my site and added one page in it. Then i created one portlet and added it my page.
but my page content is not getting arranged as i needed, how should i set the page width / height?
is there a way to publish the site, because when i go to my site, i can edit the layout or content.

Kindly, guide me to create one simple website. what process should i follow to create a simple website..

Thank you in advance...
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

RE: Need Assistance to create First Website

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 7942 Beitrittsdatum: 24.03.10 Neueste Beiträge
You can't set width and height of a page but can set width and height of a portlet. Just click on Configuration icon at the upper right hand corner of the portlet or you can select a different layout for a page.

You're other question is confusing. Are you adding Web Content portlet to a page? What do you mean by "publish a site"? Web Content should appear when you enter the content and publish it from Web Content portlet.

Thank you for quick response....
I am newbie to Liferay. My task is to create a website. I want to create a simple website and deploy it on the online server. Can you guide me where to start.. I am confused.. I can see that i can create new pages, modify them. add content to them. But i don't see any Jsp's or java files.
If i create one website in it, how can i deploy it to online tomcat server? what if i want to use database in my website? how can i get my database script to run it online..

I am very confused..

Please guide me..

Thanks in advance...

Hi,

I managed to start the development of my site. Now i need to handle the back-end.
I have some queries:
1. What will be the good approach to handle the back-end, should i Create a separate database for my application, or use the Liferay database and create my tables in it?
2. I need to create theme for my site, what will be the best approach for it.

Thanks in advance..
thumbnail
Manish Kumar, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

Junior Member Beiträge: 93 Beitrittsdatum: 02.03.12 Neueste Beiträge
Hello Lokendra,
1) It is always a good way to have your own database in professional way so that your data is safe at different place other than your code. For starting purpose you can start with the Liferay database.
2) For creating a theme for your Website you should start with a custom theme plugin and customize as you wish.
This links will help you to work out for theme.
http://www.liferay.com/documentation/liferay-portal/5.2/development/-/ai/creating-liferay-themes-1

Thanks,
Manish Kumar

Thanks Manish....
For now i am using Liferay's database on mysql.
I have created tables in it using service builder as and when required. Thanks ....
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 7942 Beitrittsdatum: 24.03.10 Neueste Beiträge
If you are going to use Liferay's database for you tables, you'll probably want to use liferay's Service Builder.

Read the following pages on how to use it.
http://www.liferay.com/documentation/liferay-portal/6.1/development/-/ai/service-build-5

Hitoshi Ozawa:
If you are going to use Liferay's database for you tables, you'll probably want to use liferay's Service Builder.

Read the following pages on how to use it.
http://www.liferay.com/documentation/liferay-portal/6.1/development/-/ai/service-build-5

Thanks Hitoshi Ozawa,

I am already using service builder, and i think this is the best approach to follow. My portal is completed and now is in testing phase...

Thank you all guys, for you help....
thumbnail
Aditya Bhardwaj, geändert vor 9 Jahren.

Junior Member Beiträge: 78 Beitrittsdatum: 08.01.15 Neueste Beiträge
Hi,

For a newbie in Liferay you can refer Liferay in Action and Portlet in Action. Best books for startup.
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, geändert vor 9 Jahren.

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 14914 Beitrittsdatum: 02.09.06 Neueste Beiträge
Another dead thread?