Foren

Size Adjustable HTML WIKI WYSIWYG editor

thumbnail
Blake Jones, geändert vor 10 Jahren.

Size Adjustable HTML WIKI WYSIWYG editor

Junior Member Beiträge: 39 Beitrittsdatum: 17.08.12 Neueste Beiträge
I have a quick question regarding a Size Adjustable HTML WIKI WYSIWYG Editor for Liferay 6.1.2 Community Edition with Social Office 2.0.

It seems in previous versions of Liferay, there was a "size adjustable handle" on the lower right corner of the WYSIWYG Editor.

The WYSIWYG Editor that I'm using to write this post has a "size adjustable handle" on the lower right corner.

The new version of Liferay and Social office that my Company has deployed, doesn't seem to have this option any more.

I have searched high and low on the forums for an answer and haven't had any luck yet.

I have read several liferay bug posts, regarding people complaining that the layout / formatting wasn't correct in previous versions.

Was creating a fixed width and fixed height HTML WIKI WYSIWYG Editor and effort to fix the bug people were complaining about?

My biggest question:

Does anyone have a definitive fix, or solution for this issue?
Please see my post below I have a temporary workaround for this.
thumbnail
Byran Zaugg, geändert vor 10 Jahren.

RE: Size Adjustable HTML WIKI WYSIWYG editor

Expert Beiträge: 252 Beitrittsdatum: 06.04.12 Neueste Beiträge
I'm looking at Social Office 2.1 and I see the size adjuster on the textbox. But I'm not aware of any setting to turn this on/off.

Can you provide a screenshot?
thumbnail

Byran Zaugg:
I'm looking at Social Office 2.1 and I see the size adjuster on the textbox. But I'm not aware of any setting to turn this on/off.

Can you provide a screenshot?

I have attached a screen shot.

In my portal-ext.properties file I have put the following parameters to only have HTML WIKI format:

wiki.formats=html
wiki.formats.default=html

in previous versions of Liferay and Social Office I had a re-sizeable handle located on the lower right corner of the WYSIWYG editor for some reason, the re-sizeable handle is not available in this version.

What would you recommend to fix this issue????
thumbnail

I'm using Liferay Portal 6.1.2 CE GA3 with Social Office 2.0.5 Tomcat Bundle

Hosted on Ubuntu SERVER 12.04 LTS

I UN-installed Social Office 2.0.5 and RE-installed Social Office 2.0.5 with no luck.

Any help or suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

Thank Yo
u
thumbnail

This is not a permanent fix, it is a work around for this issue: It attempts to find the ckeditor window and resizes it, and if it can't find the window the script waits 3 seconds and tries again. If you have JQUERY libraries installed, you can run this script without changing the source code.

$(window).bind("load", function(){
$(document).ready(function(){
box_size();
setTimeout(function(){box_size()}, 3000);
});

function box_size() {
$(".cke_contents").css("height", "650px");
}
}