Foren

Liferay Subversion Guidelines

thumbnail
Jorge Ferrer, geändert vor 16 Jahren.

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 2871 Beitrittsdatum: 31.08.06 Neueste Beiträge
Hey All,

I've just expanded the Liferay Core Development Guidelines with a new article about how to use our Subversion repository. I noticed lately that we are not all using it in the same way, specially in relation to the usage of branches, so this article aims to set a common set of rules that we all agree with.

Feel free to comment on it if you prefer something to be done differently that what the document describes:
thumbnail
Alex Wallace, geändert vor 16 Jahren.

RE: Liferay Subversion Guidelines

Liferay Master Beiträge: 640 Beitrittsdatum: 05.11.07 Neueste Beiträge
Hi Jorge.

I noticed you mention something like "run regression tests..."

I'd love to know what you guys use to do regression tests... Does it include the UI? Do you know if it will work well with JSF?

Thanks!
thumbnail

Hi Alex,

I don't think that is said currently in the guidelines. If it is, could you point out where?

The reason is not that is not a good idea, it certainly is!, but unfortunately we don't have such tests yet. Liferay is an application that is intrinsically hard to test because it has lots of integration code and a difficult to test UI. Having said that we've been doing some changes to the architecture lately to allow for unit testing where it really makes sense.

Regarding functional testing, we've been doing prototypes with several tools, including httpunit and selenium, but the tests produced have resulted far too difficult to maintain. In any case having nice regression tests is still something we'd like to have ASAP. Any recommendation regarding a good testing technology for Liferay would be appreciated.
thumbnail
Alex Wallace, geändert vor 16 Jahren.

Liferay Master Beiträge: 640 Beitrittsdatum: 05.11.07 Neueste Beiträge
Thank you Jorge... You are correct, it doesn't say "run reggression tests" it says

Regression test your changes against affected components. This will help us expedite the review process.

Which kind of made me think you may have some sort of automated regression tests..

I agree with all your points.. It would be great! and it is pretty tough...

The tests i write are junit tests but are always to tests certain libraries we use, that endup in jars used in the portals... But have not been able, like you, to come up with tests that will run on the browser and work just as a user would...

Thanks again!
thumbnail

Hi Alex,

Oh, I see where the confusion came from. It seems Mike reworded the original guidelines and added the word regression there. That's why I thought it wasn't there. Anyway, I've reworded it again to avoid further confusion.

Thanks for noticing!
thumbnail
Aristides Melendez Hernandez, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

New Member Beiträge: 3 Beitrittsdatum: 20.06.11 Neueste Beiträge
Hi, everyone just to update.
the above link is the old the new is
http://www.liferay.com/community/wiki/-/wiki/Main/Liferay+Subversion+Guidelines