Foren

Ext environment and the Ext Plugin in 6.x

thumbnail
Jonas Yuan, geändert vor 14 Jahren.

Ext environment and the Ext Plugin in 6.x

Liferay Master Beiträge: 993 Beitrittsdatum: 27.04.07 Neueste Beiträge
In Liferay portal 6.x, Ext environment is now available as a plugin.

This is one of cool features in 6.x.

More details:

Under hello-world-ext/docroot/WEB-INF, you'll see a lot of folders that start with ext-* as shown in following screenshot.
ext-impl/src contains code that will override portal-impl/src

ext-lib/global is where you put jars that are available in the global class loader

ext-lib/portal is where you put jars that are available only to the portal class loader

ext-service/src contains code that will override portal-kernel/src and portal-service/src

ext-util-bridges/src contains code that will override util-bridges/src

ext-util-java/src contains code that will override util-java/src

ext-util-taglib/src contains code that will override util-taglib/src

ext-web/docroot contains code that will override portal-web. 
Note that if you modify ext-web/docroot/WEB-INF/web.xml, 
those changes are merged into portal-web/WEB-INF/web.xml.

ext-web also contains /WEB-INF/*-ext.xml files that are used to override what is in portal-web.

and more ... refer to LPS-6341

Thanks

Jonas Yuan
----------------------------
The Author of Liferay Books
Liferay Portal 5.2 Systems Development
Liferay Portal Enterprise Intranets
atul patel, geändert vor 14 Jahren.

RE: Ext environment got removed in favor of the Ext Plugin in 6.x

Regular Member Beiträge: 192 Beitrittsdatum: 18.11.06 Neueste Beiträge
Very cool. emoticon
b v j, geändert vor 14 Jahren.

New Member Beiträge: 24 Beitrittsdatum: 28.04.08 Neueste Beiträge
With 5.x, it was difficult to extend the database schema and service layer via the plugin paradigm. The BUILD-EXT process provided an effective framework to achieve extendability.

Please don't ask for details about "why" extending the service was problematic via plugins - I just recall tremendous suffering emoticon

Will the new EXT-plugin architecture in 6 provide the instance cohesiveness the older EXT gave us?

Found the following info regarding the new EXT framework:

Ext environment is now available as a plugin
( http://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-6341 )

This was created as a result of LPS-5203. Tomas Polesovsky showed a really cool idea of how to make the Ext environment smaller. His idea was to create an "extlet". The actual implementation uses many of the same ideas with slight changes.
thumbnail
Jorge Ferrer, geändert vor 14 Jahren.

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 2871 Beitrittsdatum: 31.08.06 Neueste Beiträge
Hi Jonas,

AFAIK, the traditional ext environment has not been removed. We've just added a new option that has many benefits.

Over time, this might eliminate the need for the traditional ext environment, but we won't remove it until we are pretty sure it won't be needed any more.

I would suggest that you reword the title of this thread.
thumbnail
Jonas Yuan, geändert vor 14 Jahren.

Liferay Master Beiträge: 993 Beitrittsdatum: 27.04.07 Neueste Beiträge
Hi Jorge,

Thank you for updates. I will update the same in this forum.

By the way, two main features are missing in Plugins

Web Services: LPS-7279

Dynamic SQL: LPS-6738

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Jonas Yuan
----------------------------
The Author of Liferay Books
Liferay Portal 5.2 Systems Development
Liferay Portal Enterprise Intranets
thumbnail
Shagul Khaja, geändert vor 14 Jahren.

Liferay Master Beiträge: 758 Beitrittsdatum: 27.09.07 Neueste Beiträge
Hey Jorge,

There seems to be some confusion around the missing build targets in the latest trunk (especially build-ext). Any idea on that?

Here is one such thread.

build ext in existing bundle?

-Shagul

Jorge Ferrer:
Hi Jonas,

AFAIK, the traditional ext environment has not been removed. We've just added a new option that has many benefits.

Over time, this might eliminate the need for the traditional ext environment, but we won't remove it until we are pretty sure it won't be needed any more.

I would suggest that you reword the title of this thread.
thumbnail
Jorge Ferrer, geändert vor 14 Jahren.

Hi Shagul,

Just answered to that thread pointing to this one.

We've been discussing lately whether the "old" ext environment should be kept or not and I hadn't noticed that some build files had been removed from trunk. My position is that we should not remove it unless the following conditions are met:
  • The new method supports all the features of the old one
  • There are some clear and simple guidelines to migrate (and if possible even a tool to automate it)

Brian just told me a few minutes ago that #1 is already met and he's going to start working on a tool to automate the migration. Once this is in place removing the old method should be perfectly fine since it's so much better and will save developers a lot of time.

Brian will post his updates in this thread. Meanwhile, all the help that you guys can provide testing the new ext env and migrating existing ext environments will be very helpful.
thumbnail

That's a great news Jorge. Looking forward to it.

-Shagul
thumbnail
Brian Chan, geändert vor 14 Jahren.

Liferay Master Beiträge: 753 Beitrittsdatum: 05.08.04 Neueste Beiträge
Hey guys,

The EXT environment has been moved from being a standalone environment, to being a subdirectory of the plugins SDK.

What does this mean?

1.) There are some tasks that are removed like "ant build-ext" because they no longer apply.

2.) Upgrading from the old EXT env to the new EXT env should be as simple as moving your customizations. The directory structure is the same.

Why are we doing this?

1.) The old EXT, while allowing complete control, was a pain in to upgrade precisely because it copied the jars that are available in the portal already. All we're doing is changing the Ant tasks so that it knows to look for them in the exploded Tomcat. So instead of having two duplicate sets of 100 meg of JARs, as long as you point your plugin EXT to the proper Tomcat, you have the latest JARs.

2.) You can hot deploy EXT this way. That's huge. It truly makes the EXT pluggable.

How stable is the new EXT?

1.) We're still testing edge case issues and would love everyone's help.

Will there be a migration script?

1.)We're working on one to migrate old EXT code to the new EXT structure.

Thanks for the input everyone.
thumbnail
Brian Chan, geändert vor 14 Jahren.

Liferay Master Beiträge: 753 Beitrittsdatum: 05.08.04 Neueste Beiträge
We're going to make the ant task just like the old "ant build-ext", but it'll be "ant upgrade-ext" which will expect something like..

ant upgrade-ext -Dold.ext.dir=...
Peter Fox, geändert vor 14 Jahren.

New Member Beiträge: 18 Beitrittsdatum: 09.10.09 Neueste Beiträge
Brian Chan:

2.) Upgrading from the old EXT env to the new EXT env should be as simple as moving your customizations. The directory structure is the same.

Hi there,

By my experience so far this statement is not correct.
If I have a service definition that should be created using service builder service.xml file should reside on a different folder than on old ext!

So far service.xml inside: (testproject)-ext/docroot/WEB-INF

Comments on this are appreciated..

Cheers

In the native EXT paradigm, extending and accessing DB services was easy. I had difficulty, however, doing the same via the plugin framework. I recall problems with thread contexts and invalid db sessions. The successful EXT extensions were based on the "service builder" tooling - it worked very well.

Do we loose this level of integration with the new 6.x framework? Will the "service builder" tooling continue in 6.x?
thumbnail

Service builder is available in plugins (as it has been) and should be fully functional.

You should find a good number of portlets in the plugin-trunk that uses the Service builder. The blog below shows how to upgrade ext environment into ext plugin.

http://www.liferay.com/web/edward.shin/blog/-/blogs/upgrading-your-ext-environment-to-an-ext-plugin

Shagul Khaja:
Service builder is available in plugins (as it has been) and should be fully functional.

Thank you Shagul. I look forward to testing the Service Builder tooling for the 6.x EXT plugin framework. I'll provide feedback regarding interesting discoveries.
thumbnail
Tomas Polesovsky, geändert vor 14 Jahren.

Liferay Master Beiträge: 676 Beitrittsdatum: 13.02.09 Neueste Beiträge
Hi,

as I understand, the support of the ServiceBuilder will be deprecated, but IMHO should not be removed - old EXT applications should be deployable into the new Liferay versions.

Liferay plugins trunk/ext/build-common-ext.xml:
WARNING: Support for ServiceBuilder in EXT plugins will be deprecated in future
versions. EXT plugins are designed to override the portal's core code that
cannot be done with hooks, layout templates, portlets, or themes. EXT plugins
are not meant to contain new custom services. Please migrate your service.xml to
a portlet plugin.

I've also faced the problem with joining the Hibernate sessions (portlet & portal):
http://www.liferay.com/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/3393891

And the only solution was to
1, migrate the application (or it's part) into the EXT
2, use direct Connection from JNDI for SELECT

Do we loose this level of integration with the new 6.x framework? Will the "service builder" tooling continue in 6.x?

It will be available in the portlets and hooks.

-- tom
thumbnail
Ed Shin, geändert vor 14 Jahren.

Junior Member Beiträge: 71 Beitrittsdatum: 24.03.05 Neueste Beiträge
I've also faced the problem with joining the Hibernate sessions (portlet & portal):
http://www.liferay.com/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/3393891

And the only solution was to
1, migrate the application (or it's part) into the EXT
2, use direct Connection from JNDI for SELECT

Tomas, do you mind reporting this issue and how to reproduce it on issues.liferay.com?

I'm pretty sure this is something we would want to fix, and it will help us fix the issue faster. Thanks!
thumbnail

Hi Ed,

I've created the http://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-8292.

Please tell me if it is explained well or I should write more.

-- tom
thumbnail

Yes, that's an excellent bug report! Would you like to work for Liferay? =P

The following isn't related to your bug report, but I wanted to post better instructions on how to call services from another plugin.

Here's some more information from one of our architects (I've rephrased one part):

It's very easy to use (calling services from another plugin). All you have to do is place the generated service.jar file from the source plugin into the target plugin's WEB-INF/lib folder.

Then all you have to do is call the services the same way you always have:

XXXServiceUtil.getXXX();

Everything else is handled for you.

I think there was some confusion regarding duplicate class files. The reason this works is because the objects are actually serialized across the two webapps using the CLPSerializer classes. So while you really are dealing with two separate objects for the same entity, you are still dealing with the same underlying data. As long as you use the serviceUtil methods to manage the objects you shouldn't have any problems.
thumbnail

Hey Ed,

just for a little while I dreamed of working for Liferay, but then I realized it was just a joke emoticon

I understand what one of your architects wrote, he's true. But I don't know what I should do with it emoticon Do you want me to do something? emoticon

-- tom
thumbnail

You don't need to do anything with the info. It's for other people that read the thread in the future. I don't think it directly relates to the issue you reported.
thumbnail

Ed, I appologize for the response, I am a bit tired.
thumbnail

Hi Tomas,

Not a problem. Thanks again for the detailed bug report!

b v j, glad the information was helpful!
thumbnail
Ken Helmes, geändert vor 13 Jahren.

New Member Beiträge: 13 Beitrittsdatum: 15.10.07 Neueste Beiträge
Ed,

We have been trying to migrate a 5.x ext environment running in Liferay 5.1.1/Jboss 4.2.x to the Liferay 6 ext plugin environment. The migrate utility (Brian Chan's?) creates the structure correctly and the ant task copies the ext-impl and ext-service (in our case) to the Jboss libs. But the ant task fails during the deploy phase with:

Exception in thread "main" org.springframework.beans.factory.CannotLoadBeanClassException: Cannot find class [com.liferay.portal.googleapps.GoogleAppsFactoryUtil] for bean with name 'com.liferay.portal.googleapps.GoogleAppsFactoryUtil' defined in class path resource [META-INF/util-spring.xml]; nested exception is java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.liferay.portal.googleapps.GoogleAppsFactoryUtil

(GoogleAppsFactoryUtil is in the portal-service jar located in liferay-portal-6.0.1/jboss-5.1.0/server/default/lib)

Liferay/Jboss startup fails with:
javax.portlet.UnavailableException: com.ext.portlet.reports.ReportsPortlet from BaseClassLoader

We have been using the 4.x/5.x ext environments with no major problems, but this upgrade is somewhat challenging.

Ken
thumbnail

b v j -

I'll answer your questions as best I can.

I have a well structured build process in 5.2 that utilizes the Service Builder tooling against generated EXT images. The extended db and SOAP services behave well, and properly support plugins that utilize the EXTed services. My EXT project configuration also supports the upgrade process that follows the db upgrade patterns implemented in the kernel. The EXT framework has proven to be a reliable and robust feature of Liferay 5.x

With 6.x, I'm concerned that I lose the level of extensibility intregration available in 5.2. It's not a matter of adapting my ant tooling to the 6.x configuration, it's a question of limitations in 6.x plugins that are not present in 5.2 EXT.

Prior to using the Service Builder in EXT, I tried adding services via the 5.x plugins framework. I recall problems with invalid db sessions related to thread contexts, and schema management issues that made the plugin approach unattractive in comparison to the EXT option.

Issues related to invalid db sessions and thread contexts could be related to improperly setting up your portlet plugins. I haven't done much work with calling services from separate portlet plugins, but there should be a *service*.jar that takes care of these issues for you. Copy the jar to the plugins that need access to the respective plugin's services, and everything should work as expected. You should also be able to copy this jar to the global class loader if you need to access the services from multiple plugins.

1) Is it necessary to drop the EXT framework?

The architectural change to convert the EXT environment to EXT plugins is something we need to implement, and maintaining both the EXT environment and EXT plugins would come at the cost of other critical features like workflow which we really need. We would eventually have to deprecate the EXT environment, and it would be as difficult in the future as it is now.

2) Will the Service Builder tooling be fully supported in 6.x?

Yes, but custom services should be moved to portlet plugins. We'll continue to support custom services in EXT plugins in 6.0.x to support customers that are upgrading from an EXT environment.

3) Will we be able to hook into the upgrade process as possible in EXT?

Upgrade Processes have been updated to work in portlet plugins. There may be some changes involved in migrating custom UpgradeProcesses from the EXT Environment to EXT / portlet plugins.

4) Will tests be performed to validate DB schema extensions and the wire services extensions such as SOAP and JSON? Will the tests be available to the community?

I'm not as knowledgeable about the QA process, but SOAP and JSON will work.

By Schema Extensions, if you're referring to extensions to our core tables this is the responsibility of the developer, but in general extending our core tables will also work.

5) Does portal-ext.properties serve any purpose in 6.x?

Yes, it will work as it did in previous versions.

We encourage you to check out EXT plugins, and report problems that you find on issues.liferay.com. You can also link to the issue from this thread if you want to increase exposure.

As a developer, I'm sure you know the difficulty we have with fixing bugs that we don't know how to reproduce so we'd appreciate your help with providing more information with any problems that you find. This will help us to reproduce and fix bugs more quickly.

Ed, thank you for the detailed response. The info you provided is very helpful.

I anticipate some work to migrate to 6.x but look forward catching up on the latest functionality. I will certainly provide feedback regarding any issues I find.
xun ren, geändert vor 13 Jahren.

Junior Member Beiträge: 81 Beitrittsdatum: 01.04.08 Neueste Beiträge
Hi Edward,
I am now creating a new project with liferay 6.0.2 and I want to customize the properties in portal.properties, but since we do not have the ext anymore, how can I customize these properties. And where should I put the override file? Thanks in advance!
thumbnail
Edward Shin, geändert vor 13 Jahren.

You can still use portal-ext.properties. In general, a lot of things will stay the same. So in EXT Plugins, you'd also have a portal-ext.properties file that would get deployed to the server when you do an ant deploy.
xun ren, geändert vor 13 Jahren.

Junior Member Beiträge: 81 Beitrittsdatum: 01.04.08 Neueste Beiträge
Edward Shin:
You can still use portal-ext.properties. In general, a lot of things will stay the same. So in EXT Plugins, you'd also have a portal-ext.properties file that would get deployed to the server when you do an ant deploy.

Yes, you are right. I have just created a folder named "RF-ext" in the project "RF-plugins". And I customized my portal-ext.properties file in the same file directory structure. However, there is still a big problem I do not understand:

1. I want to clean my tomcat server. But when I launch "ant clean" under RF-plugins/ext/RF-ext, there is an error which says that I have not specified "app.server.zip.name". In fact, I am not expecting it to unzip my tomcat, instead, I have upzipped it myself and specified "app.server.name" in the properties file. So, how can I clean my tomcat directly? If I clean it in liferay source, every time I re-deploy my project, I need to deploy the whole source which is not very good.

2. There is no "tmp" folder anymore under "RF-plugins/ext/RF-ext/docroot/WEB-INF". Previously, when we deploy our project, it would combine our customized codes with the source(in the tmp folder). However, now, when I deploy my RF-ext project, there is no combination anymore, so the ext-service.jar on the tomcat server is not correct. Could explain to me how can I build ext-service.jar correctly?

Thanks in advance!
thumbnail

For app.server.zip.name, take a look at the build.xml files to see how that's used. My suggestion would be to download one of our server bundles and set that property as the easiest solution. It looks like "ant clean" works differently with EXT plugins compared with the EXT environment in that respect.

Instead of combining files into a tmp folder, we're basically overwriting/overriding the files on the server (in general). As far as I know, ext-service.jar should be separate from portal-service.jar so there should be no reason to combine those jar files.
thumbnail
Tomas Polesovsky, geändert vor 13 Jahren.

If I may also comment...

Ant clean does not clean any of Tomcat files, it just cleans the ant project. With Ext Plugin it has almost nothing to do with the Tomcat installation. It just uses portal jars for compiling, which are located in the bundle.

The ext-service.jar file is compiled just from the ext-service directory sources. It combines neither the sources of the Liferay portal nor any other jars.
If you have your own changes you want to combine with ext-service.jar, I see 5 possibilities, and here you are those 4 possibilities:
1, override the build.xml file with your definition for the "war" target
2, put your jar into docroot/WEB-INF/ext-lib/global directory and use "ant deploy". But this is not standard way of deploying, IMHO you should deploy plugin in the common way - copy it into the Tomcat's deploy directory
3, deploy your jar file separately, i.e. put it into the tomcat/lib/ext directory

;)

EDIT: I apologize, the ant clean is more complex than I've thought.
* app.server.zip.name ... Downloaded bundle with portal's installation
* ext.work.dir ... Directory where the bundle should be unzipped
* app.server.dir ... Server's root directory
E.g:
app.server.zip.name=c:\tmp\liferay-portal-tomcat-6.0.1.zip
ext.work.dir=c:\programs
app.server.dir=c:\programs\liferay-portal-6.0.1\tomcat-6.0.26

ant clean performes 2 actions:
1, clean the ant project (delete all *.class and *.jar files)
2, delete the whole server:
2.1, delete directory app.server.dir
2.2, unzip downloaded bundle into ext.work.dir

To delete the whole server is the easiest way to do the clean. I think the Ext Plugin should know how to undeploy itself from the server without touching it, because this way also clears all other installed plugins.

-- tom
thumbnail

Thanks Tomas!
thumbnail
Puj Z, geändert vor 13 Jahren.

RE: Ext environment and the Ext Plugin in 6.x

Regular Member Beiträge: 220 Beitrittsdatum: 14.01.10 Neueste Beiträge
Hi,

I get the following error after trying to run build.xml for "hello-world-ext" offered by Brian (liferay 6 exthere).
I get the following error:
BUILD FAILED
[LIFERAY_HOME]\sdk\ext\build-common-ext.xml:242: [LIFERAY_HOME]\bundles\tomcat-6.0.26\lib\ext not found.

My tomcat-6.0.26 is under [LIFERAY_HOME]\tomcat-6.0.26 , I don't know why the ant is looking for the ext library in \bundle\tomcat

Should I customize anything before running the build.xml?
Thanks for your time in advance!

*I am using windows xp, eclipse Galileo, and mysql5.1, together with liferay6.0.1 bundles with tomcat
thumbnail

Hi,

please copy SDK\build.properties into SDK\build.${username}.properties, ${username} should be your user name.

Then in your SKD\build.${username}.properties define for example:
app.server.dir=C:\liferay-portal-6.0.2\tomcat-6.0.26

Make sure your SKD\build.${username}.properties is loaded.

Try to look at Ext Plugin wiki for more info.

-- tom
thumbnail

Thanks a lot Tom! Great help! emoticon
thumbnail

Hi,

I get this message after trying to start tomcat after I've deployed the ext successfully:
SCHWERWIEGEND: Exception processing JAR at resource path C:\www6.0\ext-work\liferay-portal-6.0.2\tomcat-6.0.26\lib\ext\ext-service.jar
in context /wsrp-portlet
java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening zip file
at java.util.zip.ZipFile.open(Native Method)
at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:203)
at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:132)
at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:97)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.TldConfig.tldScanJar(TldConfig.java:346)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.TldConfig.execute(TldConfig.java:273)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.TldConfig.lifecycleEvent(TldConfig.java:634)
at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSupport.java:119)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4377)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:791)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:771)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:546)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDirectory(HostConfig.java:1041)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDirectories(HostConfig.java:964)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps(HostConfig.java:502)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.start(HostConfig.java:1277)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(HostConfig.java:321)
at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSupport.java:119)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1053)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:785)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1045)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:443)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:519)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:710)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:581)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:592)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:289)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:414)

The same error is shown seven eight times after these contexts:
/chat-portlet
/default-site-templates-hook
/google-map-portlet
/sevencogs-hook
/sevencogs-mobile-theme
/social-networking-portlet
/wsrp-portlet

Example for /sevencogs-mobile-theme error:
13.06.2010 14:51:21 org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig deployDirectory
INFO: Deploying web application directory sevencogs-mobile-theme
13.06.2010 14:51:21 org.apache.catalina.startup.TldConfig tldScanJar
SCHWERWIEGEND: Exception processing JAR at resource path C:\www6.0\ext-work\liferay-portal-6.0.2\tomcat-6.0.26\lib\ext\ext-service.jar
in context /sevencogs-mobile-theme
java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening zip file

The ext is empty and is just the one I have created by using create xxx "xxx ext" in /ext

Is this an issue or have I done something wrong again? I really appreciate your help!
thumbnail
Arcko Duan, geändert vor 13 Jahren.

Regular Member Beiträge: 213 Beitrittsdatum: 15.10.07 Neueste Beiträge
This is cause by the jar created have nothing in it.

What you could do is create a blank folder in the jar to avoid this error if you really have no class files in it.
thumbnail

Yes, that's it.

Thank you Arcko.

-- tom
thumbnail

Thanks Arcko!

Apparently that was the problem!
cheers
navin Kumar kanagaraj, geändert vor 13 Jahren.

New Member Beiträge: 10 Beitrittsdatum: 12.09.09 Neueste Beiträge
HI all ,

I have used ext environment and i have a doubt that whether we can forward the request from render method to process action ?

please suggest me
thumbnail
Jorge Ferrer, geändert vor 13 Jahren.

Hi,

This is not related to the extension environment but to portlet development. I would suggest that you start by reading the Developer's Guide and next read the JSR-286 spec:
http://www.liferay.com/documentation/liferay-portal/6.0/development
thumbnail
Matus Ferko, geändert vor 13 Jahren.

Junior Member Beiträge: 26 Beitrittsdatum: 05.06.09 Neueste Beiträge
HI guys,
why deploy-properties is not called durring ant deploy?
Thomas Rainer, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

New Member Beiträge: 12 Beitrittsdatum: 27.04.11 Neueste Beiträge
Hello Everybody,

I'm trying to create an Ext plugins with Liferay 6.0.5 in order to extend DocumentLibrary XXXService.

Everything seems to be ok when i build and deploy the plugin the firsttime in Liferay.

But when i restart liferay i have the following errors:

BeanLocator is null

Anyone has an advice?

Thanks!
thumbnail
Ray Augé, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 1197 Beitrittsdatum: 08.02.05 Neueste Beiträge
This is a known bug of 6.0.5 and 6.0.6 http://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-12372.
Thomas Rainer, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

New Member Beiträge: 12 Beitrittsdatum: 27.04.11 Neueste Beiträge
Thank you Ray.

If i want to use my ext plugin with Liferay 6 may i have to download a 6.1.X revision?

Or is there any other way to make it works?

Thanks.
thumbnail
Maksym Mikheienko, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

New Member Beiträge: 3 Beitrittsdatum: 10.10.08 Neueste Beiträge
I found a way how to redeploy ext-plugin in Liferay 6.0.6.

First deploys does smooth. To redeploy you need to follow the steps:
  • Shutdown the server
  • Delete file <liferay-home>tomcat-6.0.29/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/ext-<your ext plugin>-ext.xml
  • Put new ext plugin into deploy directory
  • Start the server

This will redeploy ext-plugin.
salamath ullah ullah, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

New Member Beiträge: 5 Beitrittsdatum: 30.07.08 Neueste Beiträge
Hi,

I tried "ant direct-deploy" command. Its Redeploying smoothly in liferay 6.0.5