Foren

New 6.2.1 CE cannot see marketplace

David Welch, geändert vor 9 Jahren.

New 6.2.1 CE cannot see marketplace

Junior Member Beiträge: 87 Beitrittsdatum: 19.02.15 Neueste Beiträge
I have a new installation of 6.2.1 CE, and, followed the wizard when first accessing the portal, which I entered a new username/pwd, but, under Control Panel, I don't see the marketplace app. I only see a list of current portlets/themes/layout templates under the Plugins Configuration button. I see somewhere that it says I need to relate provide my marketplace id (which I logged into liferay.com/marketplace and created), but, I don't see this anywhere.

Should I see a Marketplace item somewhere? I seem to have full admin authority, the user has all the "Owner" checkboxes selected under Users, Permissions.

How do I get the marketplace to install new items?

Thanks,
David
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, geändert vor 9 Jahren.

RE: New 6.2.1 CE cannot see marketplace

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 14916 Beitrittsdatum: 02.09.06 Neueste Beiträge
If you go to the marketplace you can find the "get marketplace" link in the upper right corner. You can download it and drop into the deploy folder.
David Welch, geändert vor 9 Jahren.

Junior Member Beiträge: 87 Beitrittsdatum: 19.02.15 Neueste Beiträge
David H Nebinger:
If you go to the marketplace you can find the "get marketplace" link in the upper right corner. You can download it and drop into the deploy folder.

I did try to install the WAR (I'm on Websphere, and, after looking at the LP logs, it had an error that "The application management service is not running. Application management commands will not run.", error:

20:13:17,661 INFO [com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.auto.AutoDeployScanner][BaseDeployer:1779] Process output: Username: WASX7246E: Cannot establish "SOAP" connection to host "localhost" because of an authentication failure. Ensure that user and password are correct on the command line or in a properties file.
20:13:17,662 INFO [com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.auto.AutoDeployScanner][BaseDeployer:1779] Process output: Exception message (if any): "ADMN0022E: Access is denied for the getProcessType operation on Server MBean because of insufficient or empty credentials."

My WAS instance is secured, which, was suggested by the Liferay install instructions I saw, but, I'm not sure how Liferay can generate a Python script to install WAR's into Websphere without knowing the admin user/pwd, which, it can't possibly know. So, I removed the admin security on WAS, re-copied the WAR in the deploy, it now installed, and, now I have my wonderful Marketplace portal!

Thanks for the tip Mr. Nebinger, included this whole saga, just in case it helps someone with simliar issues on Websphere.

And, I am SO happy that Liferay will hot deploy now on Websphere, this was SUCH a pain for years, great job!

One suggestion, or, comment, is that I don't understand why this portlet isn't in the build?
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, geändert vor 9 Jahren.

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 14916 Beitrittsdatum: 02.09.06 Neueste Beiträge
It's separate so they don't have to release a whole new portal just because of a marketplace update, but marketplace should be included with all bundles.

It does get set up at first startup. I don't know if websphere is the necessarily the same, but on a weblogic cluster we had issues getting marketplace working because of the admin console. For your part, I'd guess that it was more the secure settings than cluster issues though.