Foren

GA5/6 has big memory leaks (5GB+) on Websphere

David Welch, geändert vor 8 Jahren.

GA5/6 has big memory leaks (5GB+) on Websphere

Junior Member Beiträge: 87 Beitrittsdatum: 19.02.15 Neueste Beiträge
I've installed minimal versions of LR 6.2 CE GA5/6 on our Websphere 8.0 environments, and, the JVM is configured with initial and maximum heap sizes set at 4 GB. With just one user, the usage on the server goes over 5 GB after only a few hours of usage. Without setting these large heap sizes, the application runs out of memory on bootup.

We have no additional portlets installed from the delivered code, and, only one custom theme, which only has some minor css changes.

In previous versions (6.2 GA 3/4), we hardly ever saw usage requirements go over 2 GB of memory (with JVM 2 GB heap size defined).

Has anyone had similar issues on Websphere? Or similar memory requirements on other app servers with these releases? I can't see an issue with setting (and maintaining) 4 gb of memory reserved, but, this is never more than ONE concurrent user. I hate to see what will happen with more.
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez, geändert vor 8 Jahren.

RE: GA5/6 has big memory leaks (5GB+) on Websphere

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 3089 Beitrittsdatum: 28.10.08 Neueste Beiträge
Hi David,

I've seen no issues using other servers (Wildfly for example).

Probably you should check your JVM (if using IBM JDK for example) and maybe tunning it accordingly.
David Welch, geändert vor 8 Jahren.

RE: GA5/6 has big memory leaks (5GB+) on Websphere

Junior Member Beiträge: 87 Beitrittsdatum: 19.02.15 Neueste Beiträge
Juan Gonzalez:

Probably you should check your JVM (if using IBM JDK for example) and maybe tunning it accordingly.

Hi Juan:
Thanks for letting me know you don't see this behavior on Wildfly, but, how much memory is it using? Are you setting large heap sizes, i.e. 4gb?

I suspect it has something to do with Websphere or my heap size settings, as it doesn't bloat up like this on Tomcat either. So, am hoping someone might be able to let me know their experience and provide some advice there.

David