Foren

Verification email has twice null

J G, geändert vor 8 Jahren.

Verification email has twice null

Junior Member Beiträge: 53 Beitrittsdatum: 21.01.16 Neueste Beiträge
Hi,

After I first login with a regular user (from Active Directory) I get an email with:

Please verify your email address for http://<my hostname>:443 at nullnull/portal/verify_email_address?ticketKey....
</my>

How do I get rid of null in the mail?

best,

-- JG
Keerthivasan KP, geändert vor 8 Jahren.

RE: Verification email has twice null

Junior Member Beiträge: 25 Beitrittsdatum: 10.08.15 Neueste Beiträge
Hi J G,
Please check the text given in your Virtual host option under General tab in Portal Settings in Control Panel. The text in the Virtual host might be null null. So please change it to the hostname or your IP Address and check. It works now. So that you can directly go to your liferay site from the mail by clicking the url.

To Stop verifying email Address,
Go to Portal Settings under Control Panel and Select Authentication option. Then Uncheck the option of Require strangers to verify their email address in it. Click Save.
It wont ask you to verify the email again.
If you don't have the another login credentials then login with default liferay credential.

or

In portal-ext.properties

Just add this line and run.

company.security.strangers.verify=false.

Thanks for your answer.

I added my ip address to the virtual host field but still no luck: twice null in the email.
Since I want to build a portal for external users I guess I have to enable confirmation emails.
The strange thing is: if "at nullnull" would be removed in the email. everything works.

Any ideas?

best,

JG
Keerthivasan KP, geändert vor 8 Jahren.

Junior Member Beiträge: 25 Beitrittsdatum: 10.08.15 Neueste Beiträge
Hi,
Once again please confirm the virtual host text value, if not the host name just change it and click save.
Also In Email Notifications options under Portal Settings, Check Email Verification Notification option. The email text is defined there only.

By Default ,it contains like this only.
Dear [$TO_NAME$],

Please verify your email address for [$PORTAL_URL$] at [$EMAIL_VERIFICATION_URL$].

Your verification code is [$EMAIL_VERIFICATION_CODE$] Sincerely,
[$FROM_NAME$]
[$FROM_ADDRESS$]
[$PORTAL_URL$]

Virtual host text value contains my hostname.

The email template shows (amongst others)
[$PORTAL_URL$] at [$EMAIL_VERIFICATION_URL$].

[$PORTAL_URL$] expands to my hostname in the email

However, [$EMAIL_VERIFICATION_URL$] expands to nullnull/portal/verify_email_address...

JG

I discovered that this behaviour (sending nullnull) disappears if I remove Active Directory integration