Foren

How to relocate a Liferay 6.2 Installation

Carlos Conti, geändert vor 8 Jahren.

How to relocate a Liferay 6.2 Installation

New Member Beiträge: 5 Beitrittsdatum: 02.09.15 Neueste Beiträge
Hi there, beware I am a newbie pls...

I have searched the web trying to find a manual in order to copy/move a Liferay installation (Tomcat bundle + MySQL) from one server to another.

According to the traditional simplicity that accompanies a regular Liferay installation, I believe by simply copying the Tomcat folder and the mysql database to the destination server, should do the job. However I believe I would be missing some configuration settings on the way. So I would be so pleased if someone who has tested that knows the fixings that I should do.

I think this is a quite often task to do. For instance when uploading a site to a remote server. I know Liferay supports aswell site migration, but for now all I am aiming is a full installation relocation.

Many thanks for your time.

Carlos.
thumbnail
David Rodriguez, geändert vor 8 Jahren.

RE: How to relocate a Liferay 6.2 Installation

New Member Beiträge: 13 Beitrittsdatum: 29.12.14 Neueste Beiträge
Hi there!
I think that the steps should be these:

-Delete the content of the folders work and temp inside the Tomcat folder
-Relocate the database and the Tomcat folder
-Relocate the data folder, in case it is not inside the Tomcat folder (it is not usually inside it)
-Establish the new location of the database and the user and password if necessary in these properties in the portal-ext.properties file:
jdbc.default.url=
jdbc.default.username=
jdbc.default.password=
-Check the portal-ext.properties, in case there are some absolute routes. For example the properties:
resource.repositories.root=
auto.deploy.deploy.dir=
lucene.dir=
jcr.jackrabbit.repository.root=
dl.hook.file.system.root.dir=

If you don't have these properties defined, it will be important that the data and deploy folders are located as they were in your previous installation. They are usually in the same path than the Tomcat folder and portal-ext.properties (that is, the liferay home)

I think that this is enough. Good luck!
thumbnail
Olaf Kock, geändert vor 8 Jahren.

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 6403 Beitrittsdatum: 23.09.08 Neueste Beiträge
In addition to David Rodriguez's answer here are a few more things to consider:

• portal-setup-wizard.properties typically contains a reference to liferay.home - if you keep it at the old value, your old document_library directory (if configured) will be used.
  • Use the movement as a test if you have a backup (see below)

You're only allowed to call a backup a backup when you've demonstrated that you can use it to completely restore a totally new server that has never seen Liferay. As this is almost what you're doing (maybe minus the requirement of the target place to be running on totally different hardware): This is your opportunity to test the restore procedure.
Carlos Conti, geändert vor 8 Jahren.

Many thanks for your insights. Will bear them in mind when approaching the migration.

Regards,

Carlos
Carlos Conti, geändert vor 7 Jahren.

Cool guys. Everything worked smoothly.

Many thanks for your help!

Carlos.