Foren

Difference between Preview and Editor view

thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

Difference between Preview and Editor view

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 7942 Beitrittsdatum: 24.03.10 Neueste Beiträge
What I'm seeing in the Creole editor view is different from what I see in the Preview (=Published content) in the Wiki editor.

In the attached figure, the top yellow section is the preview. The text is displayed below the image, but in the editor view, the text is to the right of the image. In the actual published content, the text is appearing below the image.
Is it possible to make editor view and the preview view layout be the same?

http://www.liferay.com/community/wiki/-/wiki/Main/%E3%82%AB%E3%82%B9%E3%82%BF%E3%83%A0%E9%A0%85%E7%9B%AE

EDIT: I've changed the above page to use HTML instead of Creole, but the problem still remains
thumbnail
Iliyan Peychev, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

RE: Difference between Preview and Editor view

New Member Beiträge: 19 Beitrittsdatum: 17.11.10 Neueste Beiträge
Hi Hitoshi,

Let's first clarify the expected behavior.

The content of the page in your post is a table with two columns. The first one contains an image and the second one contains text (Wikiページに項目を追加した例). The text appears on right in editor and after publishing - which is correct, isn't it?

Can you provide us more information how to reproduce this issue?

Just to note:
Creole 1.0 specification allows tables and we are supporting them too, but if you want some advanced formatting it would be better if you use HTML formatting instead.
thumbnail

The content of the page in your post is a table with two columns. The first one contains an image and the second one contains text (Wikiページに項目を追加した例). The text appears on right in editor and after publishing - which is correct, isn't it?

In the Preview and the final output, the text seems to be placed outside the table instead of the second column - that's why it's below the table instead of being next to the image. You'll be able to reproduce this by placing a image using the following:
{{image name}} some text

but if you want some advanced formatting it would be better if you use HTML formatting instead. ..

That's exactly what I did. emoticon Still, I think there is a bug in the Creole editor. I brought this question up based on what I found on Liferay.com, but if this is the actual 6EE version, I'll probably have to remove Creole for my customers.
Another reason I'm using Creole is the images. Where are the images attached to a page in HTML formatting?
thumbnail

RE: Difference between Preview and Editor view (Antwort)

Hitoshi Ozawa:
You'll be able to reproduce this by placing a image using the following:
{{image name}} some text

Thanks, we were able to reproduce this issue now.
What Creole editor does is the right one. It produces the following code:
<p>
image_here some_text_here
</p>

After preview/publish, the image is being wrapped with a table and that's the reason for these differences.

Hitoshi Ozawa:

Still, I think there is a bug in the Creole editor.

There is no bug in Creole editor. Just the opposite - it produces the correct code. There is no reason to wrap images with tables.

Hitoshi Ozawa:

I brought this question up based on what I found on Liferay.com, but if this is the actual 6EE version, I'll probably have to remove Creole for my customers.

Creole is simplified format and its purpose is not to replace HTML and vice versa.

BTW, right now we are creating an own Creole parser, which will allow us to handle situations like this much more easily.

Hitoshi Ozawa:

Another reason I'm using Creole is the images. Where are the images attached to a page in HTML formatting?

When using the html editor, you can upload images anywhere where you have enough permissions, but it is recommended to upload attachemnts and copy the link.
thumbnail

it is recommended to upload attachemnts and copy the link. ..

That's too much of a hassle.

Thanks for replying. Marking this answered.
thumbnail

Hitoshi Ozawa:

That's too much of a hassle.

If you can give us some suggestions, please, go ahead. We would appreciate this.
thumbnail

I think most of us will appreciate if we can just select images attached to a page with the following steps:
1. Select "Image" icon from the editor icon menu
2. Select "Images attached to a page" option
3. Select image to paste

OR

1. Select "Images attached to a page" icon from the editor icon menu
2. Select image to paste
thumbnail

Okay, thanks.
We are working on a solution and I hope it will be released soon.
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

Ahamed, if you have a new question, please create a new thread instead of mixing your question to other's thread. It causes confusion and is against the rules of this forum.

Also, please post your question to the correct forum. If you have question on using liferay, create a new thread in the 2. Using Liferay forum instead of here.