Foren

"Install More Portlets" button disappears upgrading 6.1 GA1 to GA2

Matthew Dixon, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

"Install More Portlets" button disappears upgrading 6.1 GA1 to GA2

New Member Beiträge: 7 Beitrittsdatum: 19.07.12 Neueste Beiträge
I am trying to upgrade from GA1 to GA2, and the result seems to break portal installation. I believe I followed the instructions under "Upgrading using a .war file" in http://www.liferay.com/documentation/liferay-portal/6.1/user-guide/-/ai/maintaining-a-liferay-port-7

[In case it's relevant, my original installation was the Bitnami Liferay stack, so the tomcat (7), mysql and jre are all included in the same location. Liferay is deployed in the ROOT context.]

I undeployed the ROOT app using the TC /manager GUI interface. I stopped TC and MySQL.

I copied the .war file to the webapps directory, and dealt with the context issue in three different ways (on separate occasions), with the result being the same.

On one occasion, I allowed the war to deploy automatically to webapps/liferay-6.1.1GA2etc..etc.. then stopped TC and transferred it to root (ctx=/ being taken care of when I copied the original portal-ext.properties file back in).

On another occasion, I creatively renamed the .war file as ROOT.war, and let it deploy automatically there, then copied the original portal-ext.properties in.

On a third occasion, I just unpacked the .war and manually copied the files in to replace the existing GA1 files in the root directory. The only non-standard files I have are portal-ext.properties (obviously) which I copied in, and (liferay's) web.inf, where just to be safe I remade my own changes to the web.inf file.

The consistent result of these three is that my portal works, sort of, but the Install More Portlets button is missing from both the bottom of the "Add / More" menu, and from the Portal Configuration Portlets list. So it's unusable as I can't download any portlets and I have had to roll back to GA1..

What am I doing wrong?
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

RE: "Install More Portlets" button disappears upgrading 6.1 GA1 to GA2

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 7942 Beitrittsdatum: 24.03.10 Neueste Beiträge
There was some mixup the "Install More Portlets" feature has beeen deleted in GA2. However, liferay.com will be making a hook to bring this feature back in.

http://www.liferay.com/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/15252460
thumbnail
ahmed bouchriha, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

Junior Member Beiträge: 55 Beitrittsdatum: 04.05.12 Neueste Beiträge
you can find the plugin installer portlet in the plugin page in the user private pages
Go to menu --->My private pages --->plugins
if you dont find this page in GA2 portal you can export it from your GA1 old portal the same location "Go to menu --->My private pages --->plugins " and then manage -->page and select plugins page in the manage page portlet and export it as lar file then import it to your new GA2 portal .
anyway you can save energy emoticon i attached the lar file you can just export it to your GA2 portal from manage page portlet and add it to your private pages.
that works for me.
thumbnail
Brian Kim, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

Expert Beiträge: 311 Beitrittsdatum: 17.08.04 Neueste Beiträge
ahmed bouchriha:
you can find the plugin installer portlet in the plugin page in the user private pages
Go to menu --->My private pages --->plugins
if you dont find this page in GA2 portal you can export it from your GA1 old portal the same location "Go to menu --->My private pages --->plugins " and then manage -->page and select plugins page in the manage page portlet and export it as lar file then import it to your new GA2 portal .
anyway you can save energy emoticon i attached the lar file you can just export it to your GA2 portal from manage page portlet and add it to your private pages.
that works for me.

Actually, the better way now is to install the app:

CE version
http://www.liferay.com/marketplace/-/mp/application/15474932

EE version
http://www.liferay.com/marketplace/-/mp/application/15473837
thumbnail

Wow ahmed, I won't have thought about the way you've suggested. Very clever. Will keep it in mind the next time something like this happens. :-)
thumbnail
Brian Scott Schupbach, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

Expert Beiträge: 329 Beitrittsdatum: 23.10.08 Neueste Beiträge
Also, if you are uploading your own portlet via a .war file you can drop it into the "deploy" folder on the file system.
Matthew Dixon, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

New Member Beiträge: 7 Beitrittsdatum: 19.07.12 Neueste Beiträge
Thanks all!
Rob Hall, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

Junior Member Beiträge: 47 Beitrittsdatum: 30.11.11 Neueste Beiträge
This doesn't seem to work w/ 6.1 EE GA2 deployed on a Glassfish cluster. emoticon

I have in the portal-ext.properties of each node in the cluster
auto.deploy.enabled=true
auto.deploy.deploy.dir=/install-dirliferay/glassfish3/deploy

It's unfortunate they took away the Install More Portlets button..seems absurd to remove it then require a plugin to take it's place.
thumbnail

Read Brian Kim's post and just download "Private Plugin" from the Marketplace to get the functionality back.

Hitoshi Ozawa:
Read Brian Kim's post and just download "Private Plugin" from the Marketplace to get the functionality back.

i downloaded it (EE version), deployed it to Glassfish 3.1.2.2 but Liferay 6.1 EE GA 2 won't pick it up. This should have been included with Liferay as pre-installed plugin.

I notice on bundled versions of Liferay the Marketplace is accessible through the Control Panel. I'm not seeing it in my non-bundled 6.1 EE GA2.
utkarsh champ, geändert vor 10 Jahren.

New Member Beiträge: 6 Beitrittsdatum: 16.05.13 Neueste Beiträge
Do you know how you can embed marketplace in nonembeded version?
thumbnail
James Falkner, geändert vor 10 Jahren.

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 1399 Beitrittsdatum: 17.09.10 Neueste Beiträge
utkarsh champ:
Do you know how you can embed marketplace in nonembeded version?

To install Marketplace into an existing, unbundled Liferay install, simply download the plugin (this link is also available on the Marketplace homepage) and drop it into your hot deploy directory. After a few seconds you should see the Marketplace section in Control Panel.