Foren

Using JSPWiki Plugins

thumbnail
Daniel Harvey, geändert vor 14 Jahren.

Using JSPWiki Plugins

New Member Beiträge: 2 Beitrittsdatum: 19.06.09 Neueste Beiträge
Hi all,

I can see that JSPWiki is now used as (one of) the wiki engines in Liferay. What I can't see is much discussion on the level of integration that is possible with existing JSPWiki resources such as JSPWiki plugins.

Can anyone comment on how to deploy JSPWiki plugins within a Liferay (5.2.x) installation?

Thanks,
Daniel.
alexander weber, geändert vor 14 Jahren.

RE: Using JSPWiki Plugins

New Member Beiträge: 9 Beitrittsdatum: 16.07.07 Neueste Beiträge
Hi there,

same question. I'd really like to use the TablePlugin in our LR-EE 5.2.x installation.

cya
Alex
Tim Jones, geändert vor 14 Jahren.

Integrate new JSPWiki plugins (RE: Using JSPWiki Plugins)

New Member Beiträge: 2 Beitrittsdatum: 18.05.10 Neueste Beiträge
Exactly the same question.

I want to create a variant of the InsertPage plugin to give more control over what gets included and what does not.

I have searched high and low to try to discover how one is supposed to link in a new plugin and cannot see.

Can anyone help us?
Alex W., geändert vor 13 Jahren.

bump
Jan Tošovský, geändert vor 13 Jahren.

Liferay Master Beiträge: 566 Beitrittsdatum: 22.07.10 Neueste Beiträge
The same question. The only difference is my LR version (6.0.5). Has anybody found any solution or workaround? Thanks for sharing.

Jan
thumbnail
Gustavo Fernández Gómez, geändert vor 13 Jahren.

Regular Member Beiträge: 191 Beitrittsdatum: 26.10.07 Neueste Beiträge
one post that explain how to include jspWiki-plugins into the liferay wiki

http://www.zylk.net/web/guest/web-2-0/blog/-/blogs/using-jspwiki-plugins-in-liferay-portal-6

Hi Gustavo!

Wow, this seems promising!

But I am stuck already with this first step:
Modify (wiki.formats.configuration.main[creole]=jspwiki-ext.properties) property in the portal-ext.properties. Note that jspwiki-ext.properties is loaded in the classpath.

There is no file of such name in my tomcat build. Should I create it? In what location?

Any hint? Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Jan
thumbnail

the jspwiki.properties is in the portal-impl jar in ROOT/WEB-INF/lib folder.

you can extract the properties, modify and override and package or you can modify the wiki.formats.configuration.main[creole] and point this propertie to another file for example jspwiki-ext.properties (a copy of the jspwiki.properties located in the jar) and put the new one in the classpath, for example in ROOT/WEB-INF/classes/ folder

we test the first one option and works fine

Excellent, I got it to work !!!

I also use that way of modifying portal-impl.jar file. Maybe I would prefer the second approach, but I am unable to locate mentioned portal-ext.properties file with that wiki.formats.configuration.main[creole] property. This is the file I was talking about in my previous post.

This is a nice fork to enhance WIKI functionality and I very appreciate sharing your knowledge here. Thanks a lot!

Regards,
Jan
thumbnail

Liferay oficial guide at 25 page, also we have a post (in spanish) about this file

links:
* http://docs.liferay.com/portal/5.2/official/liferay-administration-guide.pdf
* http://www.zylk.net/web/guest/web-2-0/blog/-/blogs/el-archivo-portal-ext-properties-de-liferay
thumbnail
Jorge Ferrer, geändert vor 13 Jahren.

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 2871 Beitrittsdatum: 31.08.06 Neueste Beiträge
Hi Gustavo,

Thanks for writing that blog entry, I'd like to subscribe to the blog, but there seems to be an issue with the RSS feed right now.

For everybody else, note that Liferay only uses the rendering engine of JSPWiki, not all of the application, so not all JSPWiki plugins will work. Unfortunately (for us) JSPWiki was not modular enough to allow for the level of integration that we needed while maintaining support for all types of plugins.

In any case, if you find plugins that don't work I'd be interested in knowing which ones are those and try to think of an alternative way to provide that same functionality.
thumbnail

Yes, only the plugins that translate (render) the "creole" syntax to html are valid plugins.

We only do the test with flash plugin.
Alex W., geändert vor 13 Jahren.

Hi Jorge,

thanks for participating this thread.

I'd love to see a full support of the complete set of JSPWikiStyles like they were inherited into JSPWiki from the brushedtemplate.

And for the modularity I'd prefer a native JSPWiki-backend plus a fully LR-integrated frontend-portlet. I'really hate the idea of having our whole LR-EE-installation upgraded just for improving the wiki.
I'm not too much of a friend of that "everything built in" policy of LR anyway.

regards
Alex
thumbnail

Alex W.:

I'd love to see a full support of the complete set of JSPWikiStyles like they were inherited into JSPWiki from the brushedtemplate.

That should be possible by modifying the jspwiki.properties file to remove the Creole filter, wouldn't it?

Alex W.:

And for the modularity I'd prefer a native JSPWiki-backend plus a fully LR-integrated frontend-portlet.

How is that different from what we have right now?
Jiri Bubnik, geändert vor 13 Jahren.

New Member Beiträge: 2 Beitrittsdatum: 11.05.10 Neueste Beiträge
Jorge Ferrer:

That should be possible by modifying the jspwiki.properties file to remove the Creole filter, wouldn't it?

Can you please be more specific? The JSPWikiStyles looks really promissing.

Only creaole properties in jspwiki.properties I could find are:
creole.dateFormat=yyyy-MMM-dd HH:mm (zz)
creole.imagePlugin.name=Image
creole.imagePlugin....
creole.renderFreeExternalLinks=true

I would like to use creole syntax with %%pretify %% JSP style.

Kind Regards,

Jiri Bubnik
David Walling, geändert vor 13 Jahren.

New Member Beiträge: 2 Beitrittsdatum: 07.01.11 Neueste Beiträge
Here is an example of a plugin that I cannot seem to get to work.

http://www.jspwiki.org/wiki/GenericNamePageHandler

Here is the wiki page code:

[{FormSet form='newPageForm' newPageName='pageprefix+$title+$subtitle' title='BookTitel'}]

[{FormOutput form='newPageForm' handler='GenericNamePageHandler'

|Title| $(title) 
|Subtitle| $(subtitle) 
}]

[{FormOpen form='newPageForm'}]

||Title| [{FormInput name='title' type='text' size='80'}] 
||Subtitle| [{FormInput name='subtitle' type='text' size='80'}] 

![{FormInput name='createNewPageButton' type='submit' value='Create Page'}]

[{FormClose}]

And my updated search path in the jspwiki.properties file repackaged in portal-impl.jar

jspwiki.plugin.searchPath=com.liferay.portlet.wiki.engines.jspwiki.plugin,de.orisa.wiki.forms
thumbnail

Hi David,

We have found other similar cases. Unfortunately JSPWiki was not designed as a reusable engine but as an standalone product. Since Liferay's wiki only uses it as an engine, some of its plugins might not work. But there is no easy way to determine which do and which don't without looking at the code of the plugin.

Because of this and other limitations that we have found in terms of flexibility we have decided to implement our own engine that we'll use as the default for 6.1 (and will also be provided as an option for the newest maintenance versions of 6.0EE). JSPWiki will still be kept as an option and will only be eventually removed if nobody uses it.

The new engine is very modular and allows creating plugins for it in a similar way to JSPWiki's plugins. So ideally an ecosystem of plugins will also grow around Liferay's wiki that is similar or even better to JSPWiki's, specially since it can leverage the full power of the portal platform. For example, one plugin that I have in mind is one that allows invoking a portlet from a wiki page.
Vijay Mudivedu, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

New Member Beiträge: 20 Beitrittsdatum: 18.07.11 Neueste Beiträge
the jspwiki.properties is in the portal-impl jar in ROOT/WEB-INF/lib folder.

you can extract the properties, modify and override and package or you can modify the wiki.formats.configuration.main[creole] and point this propertie to another file for example jspwiki-ext.properties (a copy of the jspwiki.properties located in the jar) and put the new one in the classpath, for example in ROOT/WEB-INF/classes/ folder

Hi,

I am beginner doing these steps and need little more clarification to enable the table of contents for the creole 1.0 in liferay portal. (Liferay portal table of contents gives an error tableplugin required when the <<tableofcontents>> are included)

I was able to get to the jspwiki.properties in the portal-impl.jar.

I don't understand the next steps that are specified as "you can extract the properties, modify and override and package ": What should I modify and override in this step?

Were you able to do the second step?

How do I get the <<tableofcontents>> plugin download from the JSPWiki plugin (I am using the latest JSPWiki 2.8.)?

Please help!! I am stuck and blocked

Thanks,
Vijay
Vijay Mudivedu, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

New Member Beiträge: 20 Beitrittsdatum: 18.07.11 Neueste Beiträge
I created a wiki on how to add images from the server when you get "Permissions Denied" message, when images are uploaded.

http://www.liferay.com/community/wiki/-/wiki/Main/Steps+to+add+upload+or+embed+image+in+the+Wiki+using+HTML+or+Creole

Hope this might help.