- All questions are based on Liferay best practices when developing for Liferay DXP.
- Unless otherwise indicated in the question, assume a new Liferay installation with no additional plugins installed and no modifications to portal properties.
Back End Developer 7.2
Example Test Questions
- Blade CLI lets you create projects that can be used only with Liferay Developer Studio.
- Which of the following statements about OSGi are true?
(Please select all correct answers.)
A. An OSGi component is any Java class inside a bundle that is declared to be a component.
B. An OSGi component doesn’t have a lifecycle.
C.A service is an OSGi component registered to the OSGi container's service registry.
D. Declarative services (DS) is a service that handles OSGi dependency injection and allows you to publish, find, and bind services based on XML metadata and annotations.
E. An OSGi component cannot be stopped.
Answer: A, C, and D
- Which command do you need to execute to close the connection to the Gogo Shell without shutting the OSGi container down?
Creating personalized digital experiences across web, mobile and connected device isthe goal of Liferay DXP's framework, but to accomplish that Liferay leverages the OSGi framework to provide a development environment for modular applications.
Web apps in Liferay Portal are called portlets. Like many web apps, portlets processrequests and generate responses. In the response, the portlet returns content (e.g.HTML, XHTML) for display in browsers. In Liferay, portlets runs in a portion of the webpage. With Portlet, you can create new functionalities.
Liferay Frameworks expand the capabilities of your implementations.
Extending and customizing Liferay Portal for your own needs.
Upgrading from Liferay 6.X involves moving from plugins to Liferay modules.
Preparing for the Exam
Achieving recognition as a Liferay Certified Professional Back-End Developer demonstrates that you understand core concepts for developing Liferay modules and know how to follow Liferay best practices to develop robust, elegant, and maintainable solutions based on the Liferay Platform. The exam is designed to be challenging, yet fair for Liferay developers. Here’s how you can succeed:
- This exam is based off of the Liferay Training course Back-end Developer as well as the Liferay DXP 7.2 Developer Guide.
- Attend the Back-end Developer training course. Attending training is not required before you sit for the exam, but much of the exam material is based on concepts covered in training.
- Review the additional source material. Liferay Developer Network is an amazing complementary source of information for the exam.
- Get hands-on development experience. Some of the topics covered on the exam require the kind of knowledge that comes from real experience developing for the Liferay Platform. If you have attended a developer training, be sure you've completed and reviewed all of the exercises presented during class, even the bonus exercises. If you haven't attended training, spend some time developing applications and customizations. It would also be helpful to review Liferay’s source code to ensure you're familiar with Liferay's best practices.
- Show up to the testing center with the required identification and take the 90-minute exam.
How to Register
Please fill out the form below to verify an individual's completion of an official Liferay Training or Exam.