Liferay DXP Certified Professional Front-End Developer
True/False - Exam candidate will select if the statement presented is true or false.
Multiple Choice Single Answer - Exam candidate will select the one response that most correctly completes the statement presented.
Multiple Choice Multiple Answer - Exam candidate will select all of the responses that correctly complete the statement presented.
- All questions are based on Liferay best practices when developing for Liferay DXP.
- Unless other otherwise indicated in the question, assume a new Liferay installation with no additional plugins installed and no modifications to portal properties.
- A page in the Liferay Platform can be configured to use a different theme from the rest of the pages of the Site. TrueFalseAnswer: True
- A portlet can be embedded inside of: (Please select all correct answers.)A. A RoleB. A ThemeC.A LayoutD. A DocumentAnswer: B and C
- To create and deploy a liferay Theme, you need the following tools: (Please select all correct answers.)A. YeomanB. Node.jsC. GulpD. GullE. Liferay Theme GeneratorAnswer: A, B, C, and E
- The command to create a layout is: A. yo layoutB. yo liferay-layoutC. yo liferay-theme:layoutD. yo layout:liferay-themeAnswer: C
- After deploying a Theme and a Layout, in which folder can you see the files of each one? A. dataB. osgi/modulesC. osgi/configsD. osgi/warAnswer: D
To create themes for Liferay Digital Experience Platform (DXP), you need to know what tools are available and how to use them.
|General Tools|| Framework/Tools that are currently being used in the market: |
Understand how Liferay-specific frameworks and tools work in Liferay DXP.
|Liferay Technologies|| Framework/Tools built from Liferay: |
In Liferay, Layouts are used to define the available areas in your page where you can drop applications. Some Layouts come out-of-the-box in DXP, but you can create more to customize your pages.
|Layout Template Development|| Tools and best practices on Building Layouttpl: |
Creating personalized digital experiences across web, mobile and connected devices is the goal of Liferay DXP's framework. You need responsive themes to be able to display your platform on different devices.
|Theme Development|| With Liferay, you can develop your own Theme to change your platform’s Look and Feel. You need to know: |
There are a number of resources on the platform where you can use templates for styling.
|Customizing the Front-end|| |
Taglibs provide reusable components that simplify complex displays in Liferay.
|Liferay Taglibs|| Liferay provides a useful set of taglibs to customize the platform, for example: |
This examination overview includes weighting, test objectives, and example content. Example topics and concepts are included to clarify test objectives; they should not be construed as a comprehensive listing of all of the content of this examination.
Standard test price: USD 200
Exam Source Material
The exam is based off of the Liferay Training course Front-End Developer and the Liferay DXP Developer Guide, containing official documentation and best practices.
Preparing for the Exam
Achieving recognition as a Liferay Certified Professional Front-End Developer shows the world that you understand core concepts for developing the look and feel of your platform and know how to follow Liferay best practices to develop robust, elegant, and maintainable solutions based on the Liferay Platform. The exam is designed to be challenging, yet fair for Liferay developers. Here’s how you can succeed:
- Attend the Front-End Developer training. Attending training is not required before you sit for the exam, but much of the exam material is based on concepts covered in training.
- Review the additional source material. Liferay Developer Network is an amazing complementary source of information for the exam. Pay particular attention to the topics included in the Front-End Developer training.
- Practice. Some of the topics covered on the exam require the kind of knowledge that comes from real, hands-on experience developing for the Liferay Platform. If you have attended a Front-End Developer training, be sure you've completed and reviewed all of the exercises presented during class, even the bonus exercises. If you haven't attended the training, spend some time developing Themes, Layouts, and Templates that leverage the features described in the exam topics. It would also be helpful to review Liferay’s source code to ensure you're familiar with Liferay's best practices.
- Register. Register Here.
- Pass the exam. Show up to the testing center with the required identification and take the 90-minute exam.