Foros de discusión

Disable Versioning

Drew Todd, modificado hace 11 años.

Disable Versioning

New Member Mensajes: 7 Fecha de incorporación: 17/06/12 Mensajes recientes
Hi All

Wondering if there is a way to disable versioning in Liferay 6.1

I'm using a visualistion app which imports Excel Spreadsheets that are saved in a Documents folder in my liferay deployment. The app supports refreshing data whenever the Excel Spreadsheet is updated, but it will only recognise the excel spreadsheet has been updated if I delete it from the document folder and add the updated spreadsheet back into the folder as a new document with same name,

This isn't really a bug in the app, it's just designed to detect an updated file by looking at the date created stamp, which doesn't change when a new version is created of an existing document. So guess I'm hoping that if I can disable versioning, that when I upload an update to the excel document, it will change the date created stamp, which would trigger the refresh of data in the visualisation app

Thanks!
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modificado hace 11 años.

RE: Disable Versioning

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 7942 Fecha de incorporación: 24/03/10 Mensajes recientes
Can't you just change to check if the version number or modified date (getModifiedDate()) changed instead of create date?
Disabling versioning will still change the modified date and not the create date.