Foros de discusión

Page Templates and Staging

thumbnail
Javi GC, modificado hace 9 años.

Page Templates and Staging

New Member Mensajes: 4 Fecha de incorporación: 16/08/12 Mensajes recientes
Hi everyone!

Using Liferay CE 6.1.2 GA3 bundled with Tomcat and SQL Server 2005, i'm having some troubles spreading changes on page templates and then passing through Staging to a remote Live server.

I have two tomcat (A and B ) pointing to 2 DB (one is restored from the back-up of the first one).

I want to add a new article in a web content display in the 90% of the pages that i have. So the best solution i found is adding this article in a Page Template that those pages follows ("Content Display Page"). After making that i found myself that the article appears randomnly in the pages, in most of them. But when i publish all pages through Staging, in Live it does not appears in most pages of the portal.

Steps i'm following (on fresh install and creating the db with create-minimal-sql-server query)
1. Activate Remote Staging with page versioning on A pointing to B.
2. In A, i create several pages at first, second and third level applying the template "Content Display Page".
3. Publish the changes in Live.
4. Verify that all the pages where succesfully published on Live, OK.
5. In A i create a basic web content (on Guest or Global no matter where).
6. I add the created basic web content on the Page Template "Content Display Page" in a web content display and save.
(Here is when i first notice some troubles)
Not in all created pages on Staging portal appears the new WCD.

7. Publish the changes in Live.
In Live, veryfing that all the pages that follows the template "Content Display Page" have the new WCD i found that even more pages don't have the new content. Although the basic web content appears where it should.

As an alternative, i also tried:
- Exporting the Page Template from A, importing it from B.
- Export all the pages from A, import all the pages from B.
Same results.

I would really appreciate any suggestion or solution to make this possible.