Foros de discusión

Liferay 6.2 with Primefaces 5.1

thumbnail
William Gosse, modificado hace 9 años.

Liferay 6.2 with Primefaces 5.1

Liferay Master Mensajes: 533 Fecha de incorporación: 4/07/10 Mensajes recientes
Can someone explain what I need to do in order to update the Primefaces 3.5 version that comes with Liferay 6.2 to Primefaces 5.1.

Thanks
thumbnail
Neil Griffin, modificado hace 9 años.

RE: Liferay 6.2 with Primefaces 5.1

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 2655 Fecha de incorporación: 27/07/05 Mensajes recientes
Hi Bill,

If your PrimeFaces portlets were developed using the Liferay Plugins SDK, then you can simply change the version of PrimeFaces to 5.1 in the ivy.xml descriptor of each portlet WAR project. If it was developed with Maven, then you can change the version in the pom.xml descriptor. Also, the portlet WARs would need to be rebuilt and redeployed. Before re-deploying, I recommend shutting down the app server and deleting the old deployment. That will ensure that you don't get two copies of primefaces.jar in the deployment.

I also wanted to mention that we released a group of patches for Liferay Faces GA5, a few of which pertain to supporting PrimeFaces 5.x.

Kind Regards,

Neil
thumbnail

Thanks Neil!
thumbnail
Neil Griffin, modificado hace 9 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 2655 Fecha de incorporación: 27/07/05 Mensajes recientes
It was my pleasure Bill. It is always good to hear from you, and thanks so much for being such a faithful member of the community all these years emoticon
thumbnail

I was actually out of Liferay development all last year, but now I'm back and happy to be!
Mihai Ocneanu, modificado hace 8 años.

New Member Mensaje: 1 Fecha de incorporación: 31/07/15 Mensajes recientes
Neil Griffin:

If your PrimeFaces portlets were developed using the Liferay Plugins SDK, then you can simply change the version of PrimeFaces to 5.1 in the ivy.xml descriptor of each portlet WAR project.

Hi Neil,
I'm trying to achieve the same thing as the OP.

If I go ahead and change the ivy.xml from
<dependency name="org.primefaces.primefaces" org="com.liferay" rev="3.5" />

into
<dependency name="org.primefaces.primefaces" org="com.liferay" rev="5.1" />

I get errors at build, as the library is not found:

[ivy:resolve] :::: WARNINGS
[ivy:resolve] 		module not found: com.liferay#org.primefaces.primefaces;5.1
[ivy:resolve] 	==== local-m2: tried
[ivy:resolve] 	  file://C:\Users\mihai/.m2/repository/com/liferay/org.primefaces.primefaces/5.1/org.primefaces.primefaces-5.1.pom
[ivy:resolve] 	  -- artifact com.liferay#org.primefaces.primefaces;5.1!org.primefaces.primefaces.jar:
[ivy:resolve] 	  file://C:\Users\mihai/.m2/repository/com/liferay/org.primefaces.primefaces/5.1/org.primefaces.primefaces-5.1.jar
[ivy:resolve] 	==== liferay-public: tried
[ivy:resolve] 	  http://cdn.repository.liferay.com/nexus/content/groups/public/com/liferay/org.primefaces.primefaces/5.1/org.primefaces.primefaces-5.1.pom
[ivy:resolve] 	  -- artifact com.liferay#org.primefaces.primefaces;5.1!org.primefaces.primefaces.jar:
[ivy:resolve] 	  http://cdn.repository.liferay.com/nexus/content/groups/public/com/liferay/org.primefaces.primefaces/5.1/org.primefaces.primefaces-5.1.jar
[ivy:resolve] 		::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
[ivy:resolve] 		::          UNRESOLVED DEPENDENCIES         ::
[ivy:resolve] 		::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
[ivy:resolve] 		:: com.liferay#org.primefaces.primefaces;5.1: not found

What am I doing wrong here?...

Thanks,
Mihai
thumbnail
Andrea Pravato, modificado hace 8 años.

New Member Mensajes: 3 Fecha de incorporación: 1/05/13 Mensajes recientes
Good information on how to use Ivy are here: http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/latest-milestone/tutorial/start.html
Primefaces 5.2 can be found at this link in Maven repository: http://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.primefaces/primefaces/5.2
In this case the needed code (Mihai already solved; we are colleagues) is this: <dependency name="primefaces" org="org.primefaces" rev="5.2" />