Foros de discusión

Dynamic Data List: Configuring custom datasource for Select Data Definition

thumbnail
Prakash Khanchandani, modificado hace 9 años.

Dynamic Data List: Configuring custom datasource for Select Data Definition

Expert Mensajes: 329 Fecha de incorporación: 10/02/11 Mensajes recientes
It is possible to specify or configure a custom datasource to load the select-options for a particular Data definition for Dynamic Data list?

The following image might clarify what I need to do:

It is possible to specify or configure a custom datasource to load the select-options for a particular Data definition for Dynamic Data list?

The following image might clarify what I need to do: Dynamic Data List Data definition screen

Will it be possible that when the Dynamic Data form is shown to the User the values come from any of the liferay tables like User_, Group_ etc or from any custom plugin portlet's DB table etc.

Thanks

PS: Also posted on stackoverflow: http://stackoverflow.com/q/29026307/468763
thumbnail
Prakash Khanchandani, modificado hace 9 años.

RE: Dynamic Data List: Configuring custom datasource for Select Data Defini

Expert Mensajes: 329 Fecha de incorporación: 10/02/11 Mensajes recientes
Anyone ?
Any ideas?
thumbnail
Miroslav Ligas, modificado hace 9 años.

Regular Member Mensajes: 152 Fecha de incorporación: 29/07/14 Mensajes recientes
It should be possible. I would try to introduce a new element in the selection. That element would contain the connection to the data source. The functionality is mainly contained in JSP and JS so it should be possible to extend it with a hook.
Thinks to do:
Create a graphical representation in the new element for the DDL builder
Create a actual HTML element that will be rendered in the form (this par may get messy)
Firoza Saiyed, modificado hace 8 años.

New Member Mensajes: 2 Fecha de incorporación: 22/07/13 Mensajes recientes
Hi,
I am using liferay 6.2 and having the similar requirement whereI need to populate the values of the select box from database. Ie user_ and other custom tables created using service builder of liferay
Any solution for such requirement. Any pointers/inputs would be helpful.

Firoza
thumbnail
Steffen Schuler, modificado hace 8 años.

Regular Member Mensajes: 137 Fecha de incorporación: 12/05/08 Mensajes recientes
Have you found a workaround? Patch?
thumbnail

Regular Member Mensajes: 137 Fecha de incorporación: 12/05/08 Mensajes recientes
I stumbled into the same issue (LF6.2GA1SP14). To me it is a bug, because we can explicit mark it as indexable.

The same seems to be true for Date, Status, and maybe some other fields... but hey - it's liferay - isn't that the normal behavior: 80% implemented ;)
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado hace 8 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 14919 Fecha de incorporación: 2/09/06 Mensajes recientes
It wasn't part of the design for 6.2.

But it is part of LR7. Have you tested the betas yet?
thumbnail

We are upgrading to 6.2 - no way we will use 7.x.

Still, if you can mark something as indexable, it should be indexed.

Otherwise every bug could be "explained" like "... the expected behavior wasn't part of the design ..." emoticon

Anyway, thanks for the fast response!
thumbnail

Sorry. This time I was doing something wrong... of course, the selection is displaying e.g. option1, but within the index the value is stored like value1. Therefore it works, when searching for value emoticon