Foros de discusión

JSF portlet creation error

Georgian ABRAHAM, modificado hace 8 años.

JSF portlet creation error

Regular Member Mensajes: 163 Fecha de incorporación: 19/04/13 Mensajes recientes
Hi All,

While creating the new JSF portlet in the liferay ide 2.2 am getting the error saying that the

Portlet superclass must be a valid portlet class

Liferay 6.2
PFA screenshot.

Archivos adjuntos:

thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez, modificado hace 8 años.

RE: JSF portlet creation error

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 3089 Fecha de incorporación: 28/10/08 Mensajes recientes
Hi Georgian,

I suppose you're trying to create a new portlet using Liferay IDE-> File -> New -> Liferay JSF Portlet, did you?

In that case I couldn't reproduce using latest Liferay IDE (2.2.3).

Can you try to upgrade to see if that fixes the problem?

Regular Member Mensajes: 163 Fecha de incorporación: 19/04/13 Mensajes recientes
Yes juan iam creating using the liferay ide.
It seems that issue has been fixed in latest ide.

Can you guide how to install the fixes instead of using the nnew ide. Because i have already dev enviorment setup

Thanks

I am using the LR 2.2.3 version. But still issue persists.

Does still i need to install the patch to resolve the issue or any other workaround to resolve the issue emoticon

THanks

Archivos adjuntos:

thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado hace 8 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 14919 Fecha de incorporación: 2/09/06 Mensajes recientes
Moving the thread to the IDE category, perhaps greg or one of the other experts might have some idea...
thumbnail
Gregory Amerson, modificado hace 8 años.

RE: JSF portlet creation error (Respuesta)

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1123 Fecha de incorporación: 16/02/10 Mensajes recientes
Georgian ABRAHAM:
Hi All,

While creating the new JSF portlet in the liferay ide 2.2 am getting the error saying that the

Portlet superclass must be a valid portlet class

Liferay 6.2
PFA screenshot.

In order to get the new JSFPortlet wizard to work correctly (find the correct superclass types) the ivy.xml must be fully resolved. So right-click the project and choose "Ivy > Resolve All" That will download all of the required JSF dependencies into the IVY classpath container and then the New JSF Portlet wizard can resolve all the superclass types and provide the correct validation for the wizard. Let me know if this doesn't work or you run into any problems.

Thanks Amerson.... This resolved the issue.emoticon