Foros de discusión

Avoid service builder database upgrades

Jose García, modificado hace 13 años.

Avoid service builder database upgrades

New Member Mensajes: 2 Fecha de incorporación: 27/02/11 Mensajes recientes
Hi

Is possible to avoid the Service Builder database upgrade process? I would like to manage the database by myself not by any useless "magic" in Service Builder.

I read about adding to service-ext.properties this line:

build.auto.upgrade=false

but seem not working. In any case I end with default table definition from Service Builder and all records deleted.

I hope there's any easy way to disable this annoying feature, it's really frustrating.

Thanks in advance and regards,
Jose García
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modificado hace 13 años.

RE: Avoid service builder database upgrades

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 7942 Fecha de incorporación: 24/03/10 Mensajes recientes
Are you using the bundle Liferay package with demo 7cogs.com? If you're finished looking at the demo, you should delete 7cogs from the WEBAPPS folder.

Add the following property in the portal-ext.properties:
#
# Set this to true to automatically create tables and populate with default
# data if the database is empty.
#
schema.run.enabled=false
Jose García, modificado hace 13 años.

New Member Mensajes: 2 Fecha de incorporación: 27/02/11 Mensajes recientes
Hi Hitoshi

Thanks for response, i think is not really related to my problem but will try.

The setting

schema.run.enabled=false

seem to be to not load sample data, but my problem is with a custom portlet. The portlet uses Service Builder, but don't want to manage database upgrades automatically by Service Builder. Not sure if any setting to disable this feature.

Regards,
Jose García
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modificado hace 13 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 7942 Fecha de incorporación: 24/03/10 Mensajes recientes
I'm not sure if this will help you, but ServiceBuilder resources are defined in files in the following directory of Liferay source. I don't know about your custom portlet so you'll have to do some research yourself.

\portal-impl\src\resource-actions
thumbnail
Petr Vlček, modificado hace 13 años.

New Member Mensajes: 5 Fecha de incorporación: 12/09/10 Mensajes recientes
It should work but it seems, that is hasn't been properly fixed yet: http://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-642.
thumbnail
Chirag M Gurav, modificado hace 9 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 34 Fecha de incorporación: 4/01/13 Mensajes recientes
.Hello Everyone i am facing same issue and i have done the given below steps like adding build.auto.upgrade=false in the service-ext.properties and its working fine but after restarting the tomcat its affecting the database so any one find the solution please help

Thanks
thumbnail
Zuber Ahmed Khalpa, modificado hace 9 años.

New Member Mensajes: 6 Fecha de incorporación: 3/05/12 Mensajes recientes
Hi,
If u updating service.xml and your custom tables have taken multiple records that time liferay take backup your custom tables and after that it upgrade your custom table,updating time some records r deleted.
Try this solution :
Before deploying service.xml porlet, remove buildNamespace which is define in service.xml from liferay servicecomponent table. Then after deploy your updated service.xml portlet, now liferay only check tables are available or not which define in service.xml file.