Foros de discusión

Delete scope Liferay 6.0.6

thumbnail
Eduard Saldaña, modificado hace 13 años.

Delete scope Liferay 6.0.6

New Member Mensajes: 19 Fecha de incorporación: 9/03/11 Mensajes recientes
Hi!

I'm evaluating if in my project is a good idea to use or not scopes and I have a doubt, Can I delete an existing scopes?

I supose it's not a problem delete an scope as any other Liferay object but I'm not able to find how.

Thank you
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modificado hace 13 años.

RE: Delete scope Liferay 6.0.6

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 7942 Fecha de incorporación: 24/03/10 Mensajes recientes
I'm evaluating if in my project is a good idea to use or not scopes and I have a doubt, Can I delete and existing scopes?

Every object has an implicit scope. Do you mean to set it back to the "Default" scope? emoticon
thumbnail

Hi Hitoshi

If it's possible to change the content's scope, I'd be interested to know how to do it. But I'm asking how can I delete an empty scope that I've created to test, by mistake or simply because from now on I don't need it and I don't want to appears as a available scope in panel control anymore.

I attach an image to understand what I mean.

Thank you!

Archivos adjuntos:

thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modificado hace 13 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 7942 Fecha de incorporación: 24/03/10 Mensajes recientes
Scope can be changed from portlet's configuration (I think this is where you've initially specified your scope).

Looking at the image you've attached, I think you actually want to delete the scope drop-down list from appearing in the Control Panel.
Changing the scope back to "Default" won't remove this drop-down. To remove it, you have to delete a row from the "group_" table.
1. Change all the scope back to "Default".
2. Find which group is representing the scope (scope usually have non-zero parentGroupId)
3. Delete the row from the group_ table

I really don't recommend deleting rows from the database table directly because it may cause errors.

Archivos adjuntos:

thumbnail

Thank you Hitoshi!!!

Do you know if there is a way to change the scope of an existing content?
thumbnail
Ben Chapman, modificado hace 12 años.

New Member Mensajes: 23 Fecha de incorporación: 8/03/11 Mensajes recientes
Thank you! This was exactly what I needed to solve an issue we were having.