Foros de discusión

Portlet Format Error?

Kevin Lyons, modificado hace 17 años.

Portlet Format Error?

New Member Mensajes: 2 Fecha de incorporación: 7/11/06 Mensajes recientes
Using: Liferay 4.1.2 Tomcat
Development via Eclipse 3.1 Linux with JDK 1.5.0 installed

I'm attempting to create a simple new "hello world" style portlet that simply displays a single piece of text..

Following the instructions on the various tutorials available here, everything works fine until I attempt to "Hot Deploy" the portlet. Attempting to deploy the portlet always results in the following error:

Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: com.ne.unicam.CurrentBill
at com.liferay.portal.deploy.HotDeployPortletListener.invokeDeploy(HotDeployPortletListener.java:142)

The class itself contains all the GenericPortlet interface methods and compiles cleaning with no warnings both natively on the command line on the same machine as is running our Liferay server and remotely. Google and/or forum searches for this particular error have turned up little useful.

Any thoughts as to what might cause such an error?
thumbnail
Jorge Ferrer, modificado hace 17 años.

RE: Portlet Format Error?

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 2871 Fecha de incorporación: 31/08/06 Mensajes recientes
Are you deploying the portlet.jar library inside the WAR? Maybe that's causing a conflict
Kevin Lyons, modificado hace 17 años.

RE: Portlet Format Error?

New Member Mensajes: 2 Fecha de incorporación: 7/11/06 Mensajes recientes
Wouldn't you know it, that was exactly the issue - I hadn't moved the local copy out of the directory structure before I'd created the WAR.

Thanks for the prompt and helpful response!