Foros de discusión

Search results relevancy ranking

thumbnail
Stian Sigvartsen, modificado hace 11 años.

Search results relevancy ranking

Regular Member Mensajes: 103 Fecha de incorporación: 27/08/10 Mensajes recientes
I've been exploring the out of the box search functionality of Liferay 6.1 and am wondering if there is a way to apply relevancy ranking to the returned search results?
Is this something you would need to integrate Solr to achieve? It would be good if the relevancy scoring could be heuristic based. Has anyone got any experience achieving this and willing to share? emoticon

-Stian
thumbnail

RE: Search results relevancy ranking

Regular Member Mensajes: 103 Fecha de incorporación: 27/08/10 Mensajes recientes
Still looking for a solution to this, anyone?
Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

-Stian
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modificado hace 11 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 7942 Fecha de incorporación: 24/03/10 Mensajes recientes
I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for but there's a rating feature.

http://www.liferay.com/community/wiki/-/wiki/Main/Adding+Rating+to+a+portlet
thumbnail

Thanks Hitoshi. That sounds like a good mechanism to build into a relevancy heuristic. Do you also know of a way to rank search results a similar way to how search engines like Google do it? i.e. automatically calculating relevancy based on number of mentions of the search terms vs. length of content etc.
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modificado hace 11 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 7942 Fecha de incorporación: 24/03/10 Mensajes recientes
We actually modified our search because many of our clients requested it. You'll need to use Solr and need to dynamically modify weight. Unfortunately, it's part of our custom liferay installation service.