Forums de discussion

Website Hosting

thumbnail
kabir khan, modifié il y a 11 années.

Website Hosting

New Member Publications: 21 Date d'inscription: 15/02/13 Publications récentes
Hi Liferay Forum Members,

Friends I had develop my own website using liferay

Now I wanted to launch the website in hosting providers . I have an idea to launch godaddy.com . so kindly give your ideas about the godaddy.com website providers . And also suggest me
good website hosting provider
and what are the step to be followed in
hosting liferay website

Thanks Regards,
Kabir Khan
thumbnail
Mika Koivisto, modifié il y a 11 années.

RE: Website Hosting

Liferay Legend Publications: 1519 Date d'inscription: 07/08/06 Publications récentes
You can find some hosting providers that provide hosting for Liferay on the Hosting Providers wiki page.
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modifié il y a 11 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 7942 Date d'inscription: 24/03/10 Publications récentes
I think jelastic was offering the service. I think there was a one click setup wizard.

http://jelastic.com/ja/partners/isv

If you want to install the latest version yourself.

http://blog.jelastic.com/2011/10/31/how-to-deploy-liferay-portal-to-jelastic-cloud/

I think some users were also installing it on Amazon. I think there was a package at bitnami

http://bitnami.com/stack/liferay
thumbnail
Jack Bakker, modifié il y a 11 années.

Liferay Master Publications: 978 Date d'inscription: 03/01/10 Publications récentes
I use AWS EC2 (small) instances mostly as failover for Liferay but am still providing primary production on non-cloud VPS services...

However, given costs of renewing hardware, I am edging interest to AWS or other cloud more strongly for production ; am not sure yet ; global reduction of latency a consideration

attraction: moments
experiment: ? + weeks ?
established experience ? till business owners get mad at you... months to years ?
best practice: ? ever evolving
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modifié il y a 11 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 7942 Date d'inscription: 24/03/10 Publications récentes
One of the things to watch out for when using cloud service is when handling sensitive information site. As an example, putting intranet site is possible but the thing to watch out is that law. Cloud service servers are governed by the law where the servers are placed. Unfortunately, there's no common global law.
thumbnail

Liferay Master Publications: 978 Date d'inscription: 03/01/10 Publications récentes
Speaking of law, it used to be that animals were subject to same as humans ; search "The Law is an Ass" essay or watch the movie "The Advocate" for more history.

There has 'some' evolution in law since.

I registered agilelaw a while back with grand ideas on creating lean and dynamic agreements ; but haven't had the time to further.
thumbnail

perhaps there should be a 'social segway' feature where when people go off topic there is an explicit link for such... oh.. right facebook ; I forgot