Fórumok

Liferay Data Model?

Darren Smith, módosítva 12 év-val korábban

Liferay Data Model?

New Member Bejegyzések: 14 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2011.07.16. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi there,
does anyone know where there is a good diagram that shows the Liferay 6 data model? I found this one:

http://issues.liferay.com/secure/attachment/11249/liferay-core.JPG

But don't know how old it is. I also don't fully understand the differences between Companies and Organizations, what is a Community etc.

I've been looking through this forum and have only found bits and pieces of information. I've downloaded the "Portal Administrator's Guide" and "Liferay Developer's Guide" PDFs so hopefully will get some more information there. I'm still new to Liferay so any help would be great!

Thanks

Darren
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, módosítva 12 év-val korábban

RE: Liferay Data Model?

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 14916 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2006.09.02. Legújabb bejegyzések
Organizations represents a heirarchy of users, typical of any business heirarchy. Users cannot add/remove themselves from an organization.

Community is a flat group of users, represents a group of users that share an interest but do not have a heirarchy. Users can add/remove themselves from a community (under normal circumstances).

There is no published data model. First the Liferay tables do not contain foreign keys so the relationships between the tables must be inferred. Second, many of the Liferay tables hold XML representing other data and/or relationship information, so a model containing just the tables and relationships would be incomplete.

The moral of the story is that you are not supposed to know anything about the Liferay data model, that you should use only the exposed Liferay services to access Liferay data outside of Liferay.

Thanks for the information, David.

Just one more silly question - I take it that 'Company' is the highest level entity in the Liferay schema? How come I can't add companies in the Liferay admin pages? I can add Organisations but not Companies which seems a bit strange to me. I see that the Company table has one default record with webId "liferay.com".

Thanks,
Darren
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, módosítva 12 év-val korábban

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 14916 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2006.09.02. Legújabb bejegyzések
Ah, but you can add them. But you do so via the portal instances control panel. Basically you have one portal instance per company, and the default one is for liferay.com. When you reconfig the default to your own, it should replace liferay.com w/ your name.

Ah yes, I see it now!

Thanks very much for all your help!!

Darren
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, módosítva 12 év-val korábban

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 7942 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.03.24. Legújabb bejegyzések
Yes, "companyId" is really now an "instanceId". It's one of a term left over from earlier version.