Fórumok

Church password?

thumbnail
Joanna Wolkowska, módosítva 12 év-val korábban

Church password?

New Member Bejegyzések: 5 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2011.08.02. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hello all,
Most of you have probably encountered at one stage or another the two term puzzling me a bit - what are a 'Church' and a 'Church Password' in terms of Liferay portal?
Can anybody help? emoticon

Best wishes,
Joanna
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, módosítva 12 év-val korábban

RE: Church password?

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 14916 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2006.09.02. Legújabb bejegyzések
I haven't encountered these where you might have, Joanna, but they could be related to the history of Liferay...

If I have the story right, Brian and others created Liferay because they wanted a portal for their church but didn't have the funds to purchase one of the big guys portals. They got a working version up and running, and long story short, it became a separate product of a separate company...

So it's possible that you've found something going way back to the beginning; I'd be interested to see what you've found, if you can share any reference details on it...
thumbnail
Olaf Kock, módosítva 12 év-val korábban

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 6403 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.09.23. Legújabb bejegyzések
looks like there's nothing referencing this key in the core. It might be a portlet that moved to plugins or is discontinued. (I couldn't find it in plugins-sdk either)

Good catch. I'm trying to remember this for when I speak with Brian Chan for Radio Liferay
thumbnail
Olaf Kock, módosítva 12 év-val korábban

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 6403 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.09.23. Legújabb bejegyzések
oh oh, as you maybe saw, I skipped the Q&A recording with BChan in favour of publishing the recorded keynote - sorry, obviously I couldn't ask there. But he mentioned one of the first usecases of Liferay there - I guess this can count as an answer...
thumbnail
Mika Koivisto, módosítva 12 év-val korábban

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 1519 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2006.08.07. Legújabb bejegyzések
All the religious portlets have been moved to plugins.
thumbnail
Szymon Gołębiewski, módosítva 12 év-val korábban

Regular Member Bejegyzések: 246 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2009.06.08. Legújabb bejegyzések
Mika Koivisto:
All the religious portlets have been moved to plugins.
...heaven emoticon
thumbnail
Corné Aussems, módosítva 12 év-val korábban

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 1313 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2006.10.03. Legújabb bejegyzések
I remember a discussion before that we need a lot of cleaning up on the core messages.
http://www.liferay.com/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/6029084/maximized

A deprecation mechanism would be nice and probably needed.

Would it be feasible to write some code that could search trhe codebase for the use of a key ?