Fórumok

How to use the content from alfresco share portlets in liferay

Avinash Vutukuri, módosítva 12 év-val korábban

How to use the content from alfresco share portlets in liferay

New Member Bejegyzések: 18 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2011.07.07. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hello All,

I have integrated alfresco with liferay using the share portlets. Now I am able to share the documents from alfresco to liferay. But I am not sure how to use this content and publish it to the pages. Please let me know how can I use this content in a structure as we use the regular liferay document library content and publish it using web content display?

Thanks.
James Smith, módosítva 12 év-val korábban

RE: How to use the content from alfresco share portlets in liferay

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 29 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2012.02.11. Legújabb bejegyzések
Avinash Vutukuri:
Hello All,

I have integrated alfresco with liferay using the share portlets. Now I am able to share the documents from alfresco to liferay. But I am not sure how to use this content and publish it to the pages. Please let me know how can I use this content in a structure as we use the regular liferay document library content and publish it using web content display?

Thanks.

Hi All,
I am in the same position as Avinash: I am able to connect to Alfresco via Document Library portlet, but how do I use the files in Alfresco as a page or part of a page in Liferay? I have tried googling around but unable to find any specific info. Is there any Liferay Alfresco way to do this or we have to query Alfresco using CMIS HTTP calls?

Thanks
James Smith, módosítva 12 év-val korábban

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 29 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2012.02.11. Legújabb bejegyzések
Is there anybody can help me? this seems like a simple question for the section of a forum that talks about Liferay - Alfresco integration. I am suprised there is nobody wants to answer the question. emoticon

James Smith:
Avinash Vutukuri:
Hello All,

Thanks.

Hi All,
I am in the same position as Avinash: I am able to connect to Alfresco via Document Library portlet, but how do I use the files in Alfresco as a page or part of a page in Liferay? I have tried googling around but unable to find any specific info. Is there any Liferay Alfresco way to do this or we have to query Alfresco using CMIS HTTP calls?

Thanks
thumbnail
Alexander Chow, módosítva 12 év-val korábban

Liferay Master Bejegyzések: 518 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2005.07.20. Legújabb bejegyzések
James,

When you have mounted an Alfresco repository into Liferay, it is using CMIS to access the data and bring it across to Liferay. Hence, you do not need to make your own CMIS calls.

However, when you mount an Alfresco repository in the Document & Media portlet, we are accessing the documents as you would in a file system. If you want to get Alfresco "content" displayed in Liferay, that is not done through mounting… this is something else. There used to be a portlet that Alfresco distributed through us to do just that, but I am not sure if it works in the latest versions of Liferay or Alfresco.

Alex