Fórumok

WIKI with a WYSIWYG admin tool for maintaining hierarchy and page order

Jan Tošovský, módosítva 12 év-val korábban

WIKI with a WYSIWYG admin tool for maintaining hierarchy and page order

Liferay Master Bejegyzések: 566 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.07.22. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hello Everyone.

For some projects with a deep document hierarchy a WIKI navigation tree would be helpful.
Although the WIKI allows to create parent > child relationship, this info is not sufficient for building true document structure as the siblings order is not stored anywhere.
From this partial info the real tree cannot be built.

Currently I build the navigation tree using a xml file attached to the special named WIKI page. This fixed name is retrieved by another portlet and rendered in the form of a tree with proper links accordingly. But this solution doesn't automatically reflect any updates.

It would be nice to add support for storing this info directly into Liferay. And for updating it (for those willing to maintain the real hierarchy) to develop a special admin tool allowing to make changes visually via drag and drop in the same way how it is available in the layouts admin popup window. It could be accessible only to admins from the config window of the Wiki portlet.

I can share my code for that navigation part, but it is quite simple. It builds tree from hierarchical data. If you have them somewhere ;-)

Jan
thumbnail
Juan Fernández, módosítva 12 év-val korábban

RE: WIKI with a WYSIWYG admin tool for maintaining hierarchy and page order

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 1261 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.10.02. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi Jan!
This feature is reported here, as you know: LPS-12051
I think your approach is good: I think we should implement something like the website pages tree here
Can you post a screenshot of your implementation?
Thanks for the feedback!
Juan Fernández
Jan Tošovský, módosítva 12 év-val korábban

RE: WIKI with a WYSIWYG admin tool for maintaining hierarchy and page order

Liferay Master Bejegyzések: 566 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.07.22. Legújabb bejegyzések
See the attached screenshot of the final Wiki page. There is a default breadcrumb at the top, slightly customized Wiki portlet in the main area and a custom portlet on the left. That top/bottom navigation of the wiki page (arrows) is the part of the Wiki page. The content itself is generated from DocBook XML source. As the wiki is read-only in our case, that hierarchy config is built from a static file (generated and later imported together with the rest).