Fórumok

Cannot Logout in Liferay when using Basic Authentication with Tomcat

Rodette Pedro, módosítva 12 év-val korábban

Cannot Logout in Liferay when using Basic Authentication with Tomcat

New Member Bejegyzések: 6 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2012.02.20. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi All,

We have configured our Liferay 6.0.6 portal to use basic authentication with Tomcat 6.0.29. Basically, we want all the pages of the portal to be protected for the moment while the site is under construction. Currently, users are not logged out when they click on the Sign Out link.

Thanks.
thumbnail
Olaf Kock, módosítva 12 év-val korábban

RE: Cannot Logout in Liferay when using Basic Authentication with Tomcat

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 6403 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.09.23. Legújabb bejegyzések
I guess you're running into the basic problem with basic authentication: The authentication is sent by the browser and AFAIK there's no way to tell it to stop this. This means that you are logged out when you click on "Sign out", but as the next request contains the basic auth parameters (username/password), you're immediately logged in again. Of course, this looks like you never get logged out in the first place.
Peter Hellstrand, módosítva 12 év-val korábban

Regular Member Bejegyzések: 166 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2011.11.30. Legújabb bejegyzések
How can this be fixed?
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, módosítva 12 év-val korábban

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 7942 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.03.24. Legújabb bejegyzések
How can this be fixed?

Yes, disable Basic Authentication on Tomcat.

Regular Member Bejegyzések: 166 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2011.11.30. Legújabb bejegyzések
Is this configured on the tomcat server or in the web.xml of your application?
thumbnail

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 7942 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.03.24. Legújabb bejegyzések
I think it's being set in Tomcat to disable users from accessing the files directly.

OK thank you.

Because i did not do anything this problem is default so many people have solved it before?
thumbnail

Because i did not do anything this problem is default so many people have solved it before?

Well, then you should have created a new thread because this thread is about not being able to logout after setting up to use Basic Authentication.

If you 're still having problem, create a new thread - don't write to this thread if you haven't set up Basic Authentication on your Tomcat.

I tried here

http://www.liferay.com/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/13153304

My problem is that i can log out. The sign in link comes but I still can access the application. I guess i should have been redirected to the sign in page/portlet.