Fórumok

Liferay 6.1 and virtual host issue

thumbnail
William Gosse, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

Liferay 6.1 and virtual host issue

Liferay Master Bejegyzések: 533 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.07.04. Legújabb bejegyzések
Please see http://www.liferay.com/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/13908890 for details

I just examined my tomcat access log and I'm seeing the following:

On my first sign in attempt, which fails, I have this log entry:
76.118.185.83 - - [13/May/2012:09:19:24 -0400] "POST /home;jsessionid=E21D703049C3A24C1E825B1A162D5F76?p_auth=ZhsiMJe1&p_p_id=58&p_p_lifecycle=1&p_p_state=normal&p_p_mode=view&p_p_col_id=column-1&p_p_col_count=1&saveLastPath=0&_58_struts_action=%2Flogin%2Flogin&_58_doActionAfterLogin=false HTTP/1.1" 404 654

On my second sign in attempt, which suceeds, I have this log entry
76.118.185.83 - - [13/May/2012:09:20:18 -0400] "POST /home?p_auth=ZhsiMJe1&p_p_id=58&p_p_lifecycle=1&p_p_state=normal&p_p_mode=view&p_p_col_id=column-1&p_p_col_count=1&saveLastPath=0&_58_struts_action=%2Flogin%2Flogin&_58_doActionAfterLogin=false HTTP/1.1" 302 -

The placement of the jsessionid in the first attempt is the only difference I see.

These are the default settings around cookies in the portal.properties file:
#
# Set this to false to disable all persistent cookies. Features like
# automatically logging in will not work.
#
session.enable.persistent.cookies=true

#
# Set this to true to enable sessions when cookies are disabled. See
# LEP-4787. This behavior is configurable because enabling it can break
# certain setups.
#
session.enable.url.with.session.id=true

It seems like the session.enable.persistent.cookies=true is being ignored. I wonder if jsesion is hardcoded in some places by mistake. I see that there were issues with this in the past.

I googled liferay and jsessionid and see some tickets about this issue but they are for older version, but old bugs sometimes have a way of coming back and haunting you sometimes.

I think I just solved the problem by session.enable.url.with.session.id=false however this solution then forces my users to have cookies enbaled.
thumbnail

RE: Liferay 6.1 and virtual host issue

Liferay Master Bejegyzések: 533 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.07.04. Legújabb bejegyzések
I was hoping I could get a Liferay guru to respond to this post so I can confirm that its a legitimate problem or not.

Thanks in advance.
thumbnail
Mika Koivisto, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 1519 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2006.08.07. Legújabb bejegyzések
In the first request it has to use the jsessionid from url because it doesn't yet know if you have cookies enabled on your browser. It's also recommended to have session.enable.url.with.session.id=false because having jsessionid in the url leads to bad SEO and make session hijacking more possible.
thumbnail

Thanks for your response.

I'm still curious why I don't see this reloading of the home page behavior on the first sign in or create account attempt in 6.05.
thumbnail
Krzysztof Gołębiowski, módosítva 10 év-val korábban

Liferay Master Bejegyzések: 549 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2011.06.25. Legújabb bejegyzések
I have the same problem in Liferay 6.1.1 CE GA2. Project I'm working on currently has a few sites (different domains) where authentication is served by Jasig CAS. When user is visiting virtual host (VH are set for private pages, login is required) for the first time, he is not redirected to CAS login form, but standard Liferay login portlet is displayed. I can disable URL jsessionid, but this is not the proper solution.

Maybe you managed to fix this issue already?

Regards,
KG
thumbnail
Krzysztof Gołębiowski, módosítva 10 év-val korábban

Liferay Master Bejegyzések: 549 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2011.06.25. Legújabb bejegyzések
I found solution for my problem. It turned out, that my first and only public page was not accessible for guest (although Virtual Host is set only for private pages). At first visit Liferay displayed message "You don't have access to this page" (which unfortunately was hidden by our theme) instead of redirecting to CAS.

It works now, but I think it is not demanded behaviour. After getting to CAS-secured private site, Liferay at first redirects user to first default public page and then to CAS. If user is not permitted to view this page - he ends up with permission error.

Regards,
KG