Fórumok

Primefaces GMap not rendering

David Proba, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

Primefaces GMap not rendering

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 48 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2011.06.27. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hey guys,

I have trouble with Primefaces GMap.
As long as I was using PF 3.2, there was no problem with GMap, since updating to PF 3.3.1 and Liferay Faces 3.1 GMap is not rendering any more.
Is this a PF issue or a Liferay Faces issue ?

I am using PF 3.3.1 with Liferay 6.1 CE and Liferay Faces 3.1.

Thanks for your suggestions...
thumbnail
Neil Griffin, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

RE: Primefaces GMap not rendering

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 2655 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2005.07.27. Legújabb bejegyzések
When you get a chance, please try to reproduce the problem with FireFox+FireBug and let me know if you see any JavaScript errors in the FireBug console. Thanks.

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 48 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2011.06.27. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi Neil,

thx for your help. There are 2 things from Firebug:
  • $("script[src*=\"/javax.faces.resource/primefaces.js\"]").attr("src") is undefined - shown in console
  • GET http://maps.googleapis.com/maps/gen_204?ev=api_ads&cad=src:apiv3,ads:0 gets status 204 No Content - shown in network, graphics
thumbnail

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 2655 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2005.07.27. Legújabb bejegyzések
Do you have more than one PrimeFaces portlet on the portal page?

Yes, I have a couple of PF portlets on this page... Is this a problem ?
thumbnail

Yes, due to PrimeFaces Issue#4093 there can be JavaScript conflicts with more than one PrimeFaces portlet on a single portal page.

When you get a chance, please try it with one PrimeFaces portlet and see if your JavaScript errors go away. Thanks.

Hi Neil,

do you know when this issue with multiple PF portlets will be done ?
Unfortunatly, it's a partial showstopper....

Best regards
thumbnail

I just committed a Liferay vendor-specific fix for FACES-1216. Please give it a try as soon as you can. You can download 3.1.0-ga1-SNAPSHOT artifacts from the snapshot repository.

Hi Neil,

thx for your help so far.
Actually, the problem with gmap still appears.

Currently, I use Liferay 6.1 GA1, Liferay Faces Bridge 3.1.0 GA1 and PF 3.3 with multiple portlets on a page.
Without Gmap portlet there is no js error displayed in console.
All other portlets (i.e. DataTable within Dialog) are working properly, but as soon as I deploy additionaly this one portlet including Gmap, I get "$("script[src*=\"/javax.faces.resource/primefaces.js\"]").attr("src") is undefined" error in console...
thumbnail

Does it work OK if the gmap portlet is the only portlet on the portal page?

If GMap portlet is the only one, it works fine...
thumbnail

Using the primefaces3-portlet demo, I added one p:gmap component tag (the same markup found in the GMap - Basic demo) to the view and I got the following JavaScript errors:

Uncaught ReferenceError: google is not defined

When I compared the <head>...</head> section of my Liferay Portal page to the GMap - Basic demo page, I found that the Google Maps JavaScript resource was not being loaded. When I added the following to the WEB-INF/liferay-portlet.xml descriptor, it started working:

<liferay-portlet-app>
	<portlet>
		<header-portal-javascript>http://maps.google.com/maps/api/js?sensor=true</header-portal-javascript>
	</portlet></liferay-portlet-app>

It also worked with two p:gmap component tags on the page.

This does not help.... I still get
TypeError: $("script[src*=\"/javax.faces.resource/primefaces.js\"]").attr("src") is undefined

... just like still using Liferay Faces 3.1 RC1.... in fact I am using GA1
thumbnail

Hi David,

When you have time, could you start with a simple portlet project, and add the p:gmap component in such a way that it reproduces the problem?

If you are using the Liferay Maven SDK, then perhaps you could start with "mvn archetype:generate" and create a simple PrimeFaces 3 portlet from the list of archetypes. Note that you will have to modify the pom.xml in order to use the 3.1.1-ga1 version of Liferay Faces artifacts.

If you are using Liferay IDE 1.6.0, then you can do the same with File->New (Liferay Portlet). There is a new feature that lets you pick PrimeFaces when you are creating the project. See the screenshot in Greg Amerson's blog.

Neil